SRB2 v1.09 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPZ crashed on me a few times in the box area as well. But with THAT many water blocks, I'm not terribly surprised that it's such an unstable level.

Jason the Echidna said:
1.09 has pumped me up to make something rather insane, but I have other (possibly better) things to bother with now.
I've been doing stuff with Srb2 for years and still noone but my closest friends even give a hoot. I helped graue invent new specials to program into 1.09 and informed him of countless bugs I found that were never really reported while he was still very actively working on it, I made things in SPMoves and Lightbulb Factory that Mystic wanted to steal (with permission, of course) ...

But I'm still left out, noone knows me, noone will believe that I did anything great concerning Srb2 at all, and whatever I did have, Omega stole. I guess there's still time until FD 1.1 comes out, but what can I do? I'm just a fairly good programmer and somewhat above average texture and sprite artist and STJr's staff has greater people in both those catagorys.

It may be better if I were to retreat to Kid Radd's small and slowly dying community again, where I'm the only good programmer and make something great from that. It'd certainly be something if I were to singlehandedly revive a mostly dead community and make it as great as this.

Hey man, you're awesome. Infact, I was just about to PM you to give me a hand with getting SASRB2 up to spec for 1.09 (which I would, of course, totally credit you for) - which I plan on a final release called "SASRB2 Lite" - don't expect half of what I planned. It will feature all of the work I have done up to now, plus one or two minor things. All I'm planning on adding is finishing up the one and only Adventure Field.

Everything else - the couple new Singleplayer levels, a new badnik, etc - will probably never get finished, but I AM calling the release "Lite", just in case I ever get my act together and decide to finish it fully.

Good release, you guys. Even though I've been able to sneak betas of 1.09 every now and then, I haven't actually really sat down and played the game normally since 1.08 (generally, I play everything through SASRB2 nowadays).

I've actually started making these kickass Sonic 3 follow-me Tails bot things, mostly just for fun and partially because people have been telling me how much they rock. I've made a few unfinished releases of it and they aren't fully supported in netgames yet, but you'd be surprized... ... ... And they're not limited to Sonic and Tails either. No, you can add them using any character and you can make them use any character you have. So there have been games with Shadow and Zim bots and all. And you can have up to 32 bots. Per player. Which means if you somehow get a 32 player netgame going, you can have 1024 bots. That's a lot of bots.

So I'll be pretty busy, but I guess I can help you if you really need me to. I haven't made an SRB2 wad in quite a while, though...

Anyway, back to working on the "flyme" console command I go. ^_^
Oh, look, I also made it so you can have huge Sonic Heroes-like flying chains! <Massive Image>

The bot thing is freaking awesome, too.. it's SO funny when you get 32 Zim bots and throw them off a cliff, they all start screamin. XD

Jason the Echidna said:
I've actually started making these kickass Sonic 3 follow-me Tails bot things, mostly just for fun and partially because people have been telling me how much they rock. I've made a few unfinished releases of it and they aren't fully supported in netgames yet, but you'd be surprized... ... ... And they're not limited to Sonic and Tails either. No, you can add them using any character and you can make them use any character you have. So there have been games with Shadow and Zim bots and all. And you can have up to 32 bots. Per player. Which means if you somehow get a 32 player netgame going, you can have 1024 bots. That's a lot of bots.

So I'll be pretty busy, but I guess I can help you if you really need me to. I haven't made an SRB2 wad in quite a while, though...

Anyway, back to working on the "flyme" console command I go. ^_^
Oh, look, I also made it so you can have huge Sonic Heroes-like flying chains! <Massive Image>

Well, I probably could do it myself if somebody could get me a list of what things/lights/frames were added for 1.09, so I could adjust my values properly. Having to hunt for them by myself is kind of a bummer. :P The SOC editor is kind of helpful in doing it, but it's still really annoying.

I think that enormous chains have been made in some netgames
But when there were hanging sonic, they were running. Weird.

Yeah, it's an old glitch that we don't want STJr to know about, lest it get removed. Unless it was already removed. Meh.

I probably should have posted this earlier. XP

Code:
What's New in 1.09
Written by OmegaHedgehog
Friday, August 26th, 2005

==============================================================
--------------------------ADDITIONS---------------------------
By pressing the spin button Tails can fall faster while flying
You can now ban somebody from a netgame, if you're an admin
Over 20 new textures for wad-authors to work with
The Whirlwind shield, which allows you to double-jump
Tons of new sector and linedef specials to use in custom levels, including the new Super Sonic-transformation sector
Super Sonic is now true Super Sonic as opposed to a comedic little Superman rip-off ;)
All-new multiplayer maps to play on
You can now shoot normal rings while you still have a Special Ring through the use of the new alternate fire feature
If a wad hasn't been put through a nodesbuilder, as opposed to simply crashing, it now informs you of this
A new blue spring is avalible for placement, which is lower-bouncing than both the yellow and red springs
Tons of new music to use

--------------------------CHANGES----------------------------
Knuckles can only glide once per jump
Sonic cannot thok as far in water, unless he has the liquid sheild
The multiplayer map rotation is brand-new
The 1-Up Monitor icon box now shows a picture of Sonic as opposed to simply '1-Up'
The layout of the 'RESULTS' screen after a CTF or Match game has been redone
The game now tells you when you have any wads loaded and that you won't be able to save to the game's gamedata.dat file

----------------------- MAJOR BUG-FIXES-----------------------
Aside from the ones listed below, over 60 of SRB2 1.08's other bugs have been fixed
Eggman can no longer be defeated by spindashing in place and waiting for him to come near you
Tails' flying has been fixed
The 'LOGIN' crash exploit has been removed
You can no longer save your game if you have cheated, then reload so the game thinks you're clean
Having a leftover Homing Ring being left chasing the player after he has died no longer crashes the game
CTF now has much less consistancy errors
You can no longer stand in the middle sector of the THZ3 boss's rail track
The glitch that allows Knuckles to reach incredible heights in any stage if you correctly bounce on a combination of enemies has been eradicated
You can now have over twenty emblems in a custom WAD file

---------------------------REMOVED----------------------------
Chaos mode is no longer avalible for play
Ice Hockey is no longer avalible for play
Any traces of Sonic Golf have been removed
Obviously this was based on a prerelease copy of 1.09 I had handy, so there's a few things missing, but otherwise it should be fairly accurate.

Just a correction and an add-in for the list.

The 1-Up Monitor icon box now shows a picture of the character you're playing as opposed to simply '1-Up'. In netgames, it displays the face of the closest character.

Eggman in THZ can no longer be defeated by the ol' "Wait under where he passes and jump up and bounce on him repeatedly" cheat. His temporary invincability timer has been upped.

No. They all show Sonic's face. Except for the one in HPZ, that's still Tails for some reason. ZOMG, SPLETSCREAN MUDE!1!

Re: My web

truepirate said:
come to my website at [ADMIN EDIT: No spam] it is beta and I need somebodys opinion.

Spam. In an unrelated thread. *sigh* Idiots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back