SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well until then, we (or I) will have to first set up the single player mode or mission mode. I first want to finish most of the character sprites.

U no when u finish the last lvl, u go back to metal city? Is it like a reset of the game? because what i was thinking was put a emerald or two in each stage from (metal city) till the last one (sandruins) just hide them in some places. may be in a breakable bolder or in a few secret passage ways. :?

Nope, I finally gave in and agreed to make this into an exe mod.

I'm doing the majority of the exe of course :P.

We're going back to the original idea of rings being air, I've already programmed alot of what was SOCced, and am working on ring draining.

Now about Amy...

After looking at amyrose.wad, I noticed the terrible head-pasting and bad alignment. People don't think it's that bad, but compared to Sonic, it looks like this:

amyrosedq8.gif
sonicbf3.gif

So after like, an hour or so, I fixed it for my own personal needs. And I'll Begin's. For Amy Rider.

amyridersm7.gif

It'll do. And Begin, I also fixed the board a little bit. I forgot to save it on this computer, since all my work is done in my brother's computer, and he just kicked me out. I'll send the sheet tomorrow.

The WADs will still be named WAD, but they will be automatically added.

And CZ, since I can't seem to get ahold of you on IRC, If I'm to take out the Sonic without X-Treme gear, I'll need you to take out SonicRider's S_SKIN, and name all his lumps PLAY. This way, I can simply make him replace the hardcoded Sonic.

Actually, I've got rings/air working just about perfectly. Here's what's been hardcoded.

(For simplicity rings are reffered to as air.)
Singleplayer main game removed.
Time-Attack works just like a 1p circuit mode.
You can't hit your running frames if you have no air.
In place of your falling frames, you have your trick frames.
As you are in your trick frames, your air counter goes up.
While in your running frames, you move really fast. (As was in the SOC)
While in your running frames, your air counter goes down.
If you run out of air, while in your running frames. You fall back into your walking frames.
Special abilities code removed.
SuperSonic temporarily removed until I can get a good idea of how to implement it.
SRB2Riders files automatically added. (CZ's doing)
Sonic.plr, Knux.plr, and Tails.plr no longer automatically added.

Here are teh bugs:
Sonic stubbornly refuses to go away. (Without his sprites, he's all crashy)
I have not yet tested netplay, so there is a chance I broke something.

And stuff I want to impliment:
An old renderer-independent motion blur effect I read about once may be implimented for 1p only. (As I know it will lag up the game somewhat)
Console variables for the host, to set the speed of the uberrun, rate of air loss while uberrunning, rate of air gain while doing tricks, and speed of boosts.
Replace spindashing with boosting.

Draykon said:
And CZ, since I can't seem to get ahold of you on IRC, If I'm to take out the Sonic without X-Treme gear, I'll need you to take out SonicRider's S_SKIN, and name all his lumps PLAY. This way, I can simply make him replace the hardcoded Sonic.

playd1us7.png

I got you started with sonic without the extreme gear

What about the shock things at the start of the race? Would it be possible to replace the lazers ( Like in THZ 2 ) with other sprites, and make it be so you are able to run around during the starting? I also would have an idea for supersonic rider. Have a sonicrider wad, with a super sonic ability on a board?

_Manic_ said:
What about the shock things at the start of the race? Would it be possible to replace the lazers ( Like in THZ 2 ) with other sprites, and make it be so you are able to run around during the starting? I also would have an idea for supersonic rider. Have a sonicrider wad, with a super sonic ability on a board?

The lazers could probably be SOCced, make it be a MF_Missle and whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back