SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. :) Somehow, though, the background doesn't seem to fit much... ah well, it may just be me.

Blue Warrior said:
Somehow, though, the background doesn't seem to fit much... ah well, it may just be me.

Well, the backround did have to be converted into 256 color format. So the backround will surely have some dis-advantages to it

I find the mod pretty nice, but the tracks seem different compared to Riders itself, i.e. shapes, objects, having to jump to get power-ups, etc. Is this because of polygon limits? Because some objects could probably be done with sprites.

For one, we aren't actually trying to emulate Sonic Riders, we're better than that ;)

Second off, you are using the old WADs, and the SOC. The new WADs and the EXE are alot more like Riders.

Had a little netgame with CZ today and the new exe, it seems that as long as I don't touch the renderer, and recycle obsolete variables, I won't usually break netplay.

Does the EXE work in both renderers, Draykon? I'd murder you if you break Software Mode. :wink:

How's Amy going, CZ64? You've been awfully quiet about it.

I told you, I'm not touching the renderers. When I did it to Zero Fighters 2 I broke netplay, and I can't offord to break netplay in a game that can barely be played in Singleplayer mode.

This is kind of a weird request, but its it possible to have either 4 or 8 special ability frames in the EXE? 6 is kind of confusing when making your character spin during a trick.

I'll Begin said:
This is kind of a weird request, but its it possible to have either 4 or 8 special ability frames in the EXE?

Sure its possible, but if we do 8 special ability frames, are you going to sprite them for us? :roll:
(you DID request this.)

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I'll Begin said:
This is kind of a weird request, but its it possible to have either 4 or 8 special ability frames in the EXE?
Sure its possible, but if we do 8 special ability frames, are you going to sprite them for us? :roll:
(you DID request this.)
How evil of you :(

Anyways, I was making a BETA version of my AmyRider (sorry, no new sprites, just the ones I had before I sent them to CZ64), and I ran into a problem.
#srb2fun said:
<Ill_Test_My_WAD> SRB2 ERROR: R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame Characters in lump STEMD0
<Ill_Test_My_WAD> how the heck am i going to fix that?
<FoxBlitzz> Insert the correct amount of lumps into your Character WAD
<FoxBlitzz> That's usually what the error means.
<Ill_Test_My_WAD> what do you mean "the correct amount"?
<Ill_Test_My_WAD> i'm not a professional WAD maker, this is like my second character wad ever
<Ill_Test_My_WAD> would it be because i've named my frames to rotate the other way, like AMYRA8A2 instead of A2A8?
<FoxBlitzz> I dunno, but best to rule out any possibilities.
FB wasn't very helpful, maybe you guys could help? *shot by people who don't like noobs asking for help*

Here's my wad: http://www.supersanctuary.com/srpgp/ffh/374140

I just sent you the fixed Amy sheet. Just so you'd know, all of the walking sprites inside the 70x70 box are aligned properly, so you can simply just copy and paste it and see it walk the right way in SRB2.

SRB2 Riders news:

The main wad has a new credits cutscene with a twist! for you to enjoy.

I'm planning to make Metal City's long sloppy part higher and lower. I might forget.

Splash Canyon has the bridge suspender glitch in software mode fixed, and the new textures you've seen in the last screenshot.

Egg Factory will have some lavafall scenery here and there, and the missing hole where the lava falls from the ceiling has a nicely done hole.

I'm planning on adding more NiGHTS bumpers on Green Cave, though I havent touched it in ages.

Sand Ruins has the blue cave textures recolored into grey, so it doesn't "hurt your eyes" like some whiners here whined about.

Babylon Garden has a wall where the removed yellow ceiling was, and it doesn't lag you as much in software.

I'll leave it to Flame or Draykon to post the screenshots.

I guess to me, the one reason the characters take so long to update is because of the boards. The main board is 3D, but only on the sides. Let me know if there's anyone who can at least sprite it from the top view.

I have screenshots of some of the updated levels. (CZ asked me to post some screenshots)

srb20001qy8.png

srb20002rm0.png

srb20003no2.png

srb20005bn3.png

Sorry if it's not alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back