• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: Generations

just a short set of screenshots to show a new section of thz-m (third picture) and a kind of better look on what the white world currently looks like, along with an extra screenshot of a part i reworked on (first pic)

screenshots

srb20283.png

srb20284.png

srb20280.png

srb20281.png

heyo, this is gonna be the last update for a week due to exams

after two fuck ups on slade not saving the wad properly and cutting out a lot of the new sections i had to recreate them in scratch, but we're still on that grind (said grind being paused for a week)

gave the skybox fires corona so now the whole city's on fire --sonic the hedgehog, 2006

just wanted to drop by to give some screenshots before disappearing for a week so here they are

srb20294.png

srb20295.png

srb20296.png

srb20298.png

I can agree with you.
Post automatically merged:

My GOD i can't wait until that releases.

My GOD i can't wait until that releases.

HOLY. That map looks so accurate.
Good job!
just a short set of screenshots to show a new section of thz-m (third picture) and a kind of better look on what the white world currently looks like, along with an extra screenshot of a part i reworked on (first pic)

screenshots

View attachment 110101

screenshots

View attachment 110101
View attachment 110098
View attachment 110099
View attachment 110100

View attachment 110098
View attachment 110099

Last edited:
HEYHEYHEY

sorry for the quick hiatus but hey exams are done and i get my time to work more again!!!! :wow:

FINALLY after 42 days (i think????) THZ-M IS FINISHED

the final time is for the entire level is 2:35 to 2:40

ill take a rest for a day like i did when gfz-m finished

dsz would probably take two months if thz-m took a month and almost a half :worry:

screenshots

srb20300.png

srb20302.png

srb20304.png

since i just started not even a full month ago (nov. 25), around early 2024 is expected though it could be stretched to early-mid since im still an amateur on zone builder and that im modern-ifying every act of the vanilla game (except bosses and met.sonic race)...i'll do my best to keep updating/adding stuff on it every day though

even then if modern v6 releases before hand i would most likely need to modify the stages to fit with the cooler guy's new style (mmm...manual drifting my beloved...:blink: )

sorry if that date sounds too long but im the only person working on this and that im an amateur still learning how stuff exactly works so...eh? :sadthumbsup:

now update time

not much else to say for this update except i added more details on stuff

the split path is going well (still obviously needs some details) but like in unwiished (and the rest of the boost games) you can see the alternate path (somewhat) and still go drop down to it if you want to (for this case, some might not be the same case)

View attachment 105997
View attachment 105998
View attachment 105999
View attachment 106000
tbh I think the GFZ-M design is a bit too... blocky. And there are too much trees.
Otherwise, great level.

HEYHEYHEY

sorry for the quick hiatus but hey exams are done and i get my time to work more again!!!! :wow:

FINALLY after 42 days (i think????) THZ-M IS FINISHED

the final time is for the entire level is 2:35 to 2:40

ill take a rest for a day like i did when gfz-m finished

dsz would probably take two months if thz-m took a month and almost a half :worry:

screenshots

View attachment 110890
View attachment 110891
View attachment 110893
omg thz is on fire cool
(The level design itself is even cooler, nothing to complain)

Last edited:
tbh I think the GFZ-M design is a bit too... blocky. And there are too much trees.
Otherwise, great level.
eh, gfz-m is my first level ever made if i dont count my testing ground level, but dont worry about it i'll remake the stage once im finished with the rest of the campaign since after erz im definitely gonna be a lot more experienced

also i love trees
omg thz is on fire cool
(The level design itself is even cooler, nothing to complain)

Really random but an idea I had for Egg Rock was some kind of cinematic where you go outside the rock, and you have to swing around using some tether thing to direct yourself back inside.
Definitely something outside the scope of this project but still an idea I had.

Very horrible concept I made to get my point across.
image.png

Really random but an idea I had for Egg Rock was some kind of cinematic where you go outside the rock, and you have to swing around using some tether thing to direct yourself back inside.
Definitely something outside the scope of this project but still an idea I had.

Very horrible concept I made to get my point across.
image.png

like uhhh that part in chemical plant where sonic gets swung around as transition from 2d to 3d and lets the player see the plant being destroyed? yeah that does sound very cool! ...but yeah, its definitely out of scope for me, sorry-

im just not good at lua, i could barely read and edit lua but i cant write one, even then i get easily confused

i'll keep this idea in my brain but it would definitely be in the very "maybe" section of ideas since i dont really have an idea on how to implement it

oh right uh other news: mylo t (the srb2 ex guy) showed interest on making modern remixes for this, im...uh, still not sure about clear stuff but hey keep that in mind but dont expect much since i really have bad understanding skills so yeah yeah yeah???

eh, gfz-m is my first level ever made if i dont count my testing ground level, but dont worry about it i'll remake the stage once im finished with the rest of the campaign since after erz im definitely gonna be a lot more experienced
Well, as one's first level, GFZ-M is actually very good.

heyyyy deep sea is now being worked on,

of course, with how ridiculously detailed and labyrinth-like the original acts are...this is gonna take probably one-two month/s to finish while still not giving the original acts...proper service?? dunno how to word it but hey remember that this project is handled by just one 15 year old who has too much time in his hands :wow:

oh yeah, for the third time white world is once again going to be remade

why?

because my brain gave better idea, lol

instead of a circle formation, it's linear, so you just gotta do some platforming to reach acts so yeah (its better in my mind than how im trying to explain it dont worry)

mannnn im going to cry if modern sonic v6 still isnt out yet by the time 2.2.14 :dramahog:

screenshots

srb20306.png

srb20307.png
srb20308.png

I've always loved this mod, I think its done a great job of what its trying to do, and now it looks better than ever!

keep up the good work- I support you all the way!

I've always loved this mod, I think its done a great job of what its trying to do, and now it looks better than ever!

keep up the good work- I support you all the way!
thank you mickey mouse :blink:

white world v3 is being made now,

white world would probably be reworked a lot of times before release which is by how fast im going - late '24 :blink:

deep sea devetopment is going fine, but besides that, nothing much to say today

screenshot

srb20310.png

I mean like, you are all the time trying to make it better and better so, take your time! It's a fan project after all.

(sorry for the bad english)
sorry to bother you with the railgrinding again, but there is a mod that turns fences (like the ones you find in gfz) into railgrinding material.the railgrinding is mapped to custom 2 (wich is less useful) and it requires skill.i dont actually know if it is easy to place fences,but seeing your first gfz it looks a lot like it.and that comes with the benefit of being more "accurate to the boost games,adding lenght to the level but still requiring skill from the player, and greater room for creativity.you can also do those cool live saving rails on drifting that are from unleashed or stuff like that.
i hope this helps.here's the mod https://mb.srb2.org/addons/rail-grinding.5432/
and have a good day/night.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back