• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: Generations

hello it is i smoklybonkly

we have more detail

both paths has merged back into one again (HOORAY)

short drift section being made (i will cry if v6 makes this look so scuffed than it already is so hopefully motdspork will keep the automatic drifting or at least give an option to enable or disable it)

began to plan adding secrets

level is reaching 1:00 mark (roughly 50-first path, roughly 58-second path), planning to stop around 1:30 as it's greenflower after all

changed cloud textures so it blends better (turns out they didnt use anything else but scroll ceiling texture so all the translucent fofs i made was useless though i decided to keep it even if it looks trippy because its cool)

gfz is about 70-75% done (secret or fun stuffs hasnt been added yet)

christmas
just a week away :wonderful:

View attachment 106254
View attachment 106256
small question but how do you make those clouds?

Do you have plans to release a Demo?
nope, no demos would be released, sorry

small question but how do you make those clouds?
used a translucent floor-over-floor and used a combination of greenflower zone's cloud textures, then put a move tagged floor/ceiling linedefs to make it move to one direction

hi, so this week started a LOT more stressful than i was thinking, lots of stuff i have to do so development would have to halt for like two days or so?

no screenshots for today, sorry :worry:

used a translucent floor-over-floor and used a combination of greenflower zone's cloud textures, then put a move tagged floor/ceiling linedefs to make it move to one direction

hi, so this week started a LOT more stressful than i was thinking, lots of stuff i have to do so development would have to halt for like two days or so?

Don't be sorry. Your making good progress, it's not your fault this week will be stressful. Do what you can no matter what gets in your way! :sadthumbsup:

You have made ALOT of progress in such a short time.
Post automatically merged:

Which is most definitely acceptable

alright, thanks for the awnser by the way!

now with automation, i can easily make transitions, so yeah theyre now being considered a LOT

still unsure about it, but now that i moved to uzb and has automation, (read above)
eh, either way ill still be fine with it

I just found out that the rail grinding in Srb2 world adventure is just reskined minecart rails.

oh im fine with people pitching in ideas actually, i like listening to stuff since it helps giving me an idea what people want, still doesnt mean ill just follow through every idea given since hey this is my levelpack :blink:

well, i like running around the stages and using momentum mods/characters with boost abilities, and my testers has been providing positive feedback so...yeah??? still not sure :worry:

deep sea development still going on

i kind of find developing it a bit easier since i could spam them underwater vegetation and make stuff filled

deep sea would have a lot more alternate paths than both thz-m and gfz-m as expected

i decided that the length of the level before i call deep sea finished is 3:00

screenshots:
View attachment 111267
View attachment 111268
View attachment 111269

hey just wanted to give some info on what white world is currently shaping to be

a hallway

yup, its gonna be straightforward in a literal way, starting from gfz, to erz

this is probably gonna be one of the more recurring factors if im going to rework it later again

hopefully you guys wont mind that

screenshot:
View attachment 111271
Wait, if it’s going to a hallway, what if the zones alternate sides?
I mean making GFZ on the left of the “hallway” and making THZ on the right, DSZ on the left, so on and so forth.

pretty sure modern sonic can’t quickstep in srb2.

it’s kinda like sms’s dodge ability, and it’s in basically every boost game.

Yeah.
I think that would be interesting if the levels have alternate paths with this in mind or something like that

pretty sure modern sonic can’t quickstep in srb2.

it’s kinda like sms’s dodge ability, and it’s in basically every boost game.
Yes, he can now :3

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back