SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent Hack, you're planning on fixing the problems I mentioned, right? Seriously, I understand if you want the hack to be hard, but just plopping enemies that'll hurt you if you try to use the attack that'll give you the most chance of hitting them is bad level design.

Just use Crawlas, or SEVERELY tone down the amount of enemies. Use the red ones, if you have to.

Agent Hack, you're planning on fixing the problems I mentioned, right?
Of course.
hack to be hard
Erm... what?
but just plopping enemies that'll hurt you if you try to use the attack that'll give you the most chance of hitting them is bad level design.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep this in mind when making the first zone. again
Just use Crawlas, or SEVERELY tone down the amount of enemies. Use the red ones, if you have to.
Crawlas are severely over-used. I'm thinking of having a nice and easing to defeat custom enemy for the first zone of this mod...

Agent Hack said:
(Don't expect Beta 3.0 in till like, January)

It's February and your still on beta 2.3...

MAINCFG said:
#SRB2 Object Configuration/MainCFG file for Sonic Quest.
#---------------------------------------------------------
#Build November 26, 2009 - Version: Beta 2.3.2

Are you even working on your project seriously?

Last edited:
Guys, calm down.

We need to be more patient. The people that are working on this project have LIFES.

When they have the project done, they will say something. Just BE PATIENT.

Guys, calm down.

We need to be more patient. The people that are working on this project have LIFES.

Only one guy. Not guys. One guy. :P

Progress seems to be going slow, so don't expect a new release anytime soon.

THANK YOU.

School assignments, family events, and just flat-out social life is one of the main reasons you people haven't seen a new release yet.

However, I have been making a lot of progress on the new scenery for SonicQuest:

FWR1A0-3.png

FWR1A0-4.png

FWR5A0-6.png
- Spherallic made this one.

FWR5A0.png

And the following are stuff made by team member Spherallic:

FWR2A0.png

FWR3A0.png

FWR4A0.png

I also have scenery that was made by team member Darkbob (AKA Dusk) but I currently don't have those scenery files on the SQ webspace...

Guys, calm down.

So? The people at Sega have lives, but if they missed their release date(and never said anything about it) do you know how many people would be mad?

Hack should of never posted a release date.

This is a why STJr. doesn't say when they "think" they will be done.

Remember when STJr pushed 2.0 to July and how many members were mad?

I guess I am just saying that I think Donovansrb10 is right about questioning this mod progress.

Don't post a release date if you can't keep it.

First of all, I never technically posted a release date. I estimated a certain month as to when beta 3.0 would be released. Obviously, my estimation was way off.

Second of all, why would you be mad if an SRB2 Mod failed to meet a certain release date? It's just a mod for crying out loud.

Also, Donovansrb10 must have modified the date on Beta 2.3.2's MainCFG. 'Cause I remember me releasing Beta 2.3.2 exactly on December 31, 2009.

Second of all, why would you be mad if an SRB2 Mod failed to meet a certain release date? It's just a mod for crying out loud.

And yet you have a website and a forum for "just a mod". And you put up a date/estimation/whatever, and it was YOUR responsibility to follow through with it. You did not. You COULD have just NOT had a date for it and just say "when it's done™" and leave it at that. You shouldn't make promises if you can't keep them.

And yet you have a website and a forum for "just a mod".
What's it too you? If you don't like it, Don't go to it. No need to stress yourself over a subject that seems so immature.
And you put up a date/estimation/whatever, and it was YOUR responsibility to follow through with it. You did not.
Responsibility? PFFT. Are you serious? I have to worry about so many things in my own LIFE, but when it comes to a mod for a game, I have responsibility for that too? Yeah I know I'm supposed to be responsible for completing this mod. But I don't need that much responsibility.
You COULD have just NOT had a date for it and just say "when it's done" and leave it at that. You shouldn't make promises if you can't keep them.
Fine. I've learned my lesson.

What's it too you? If you don't like it, Don't go to it. No need to stress yourself over a subject that seems so immature.

Responsibility? PFFT. Are you serious? I have to worry about so many things in my own LIFE, but when it comes to a mod for a game, I have responsibility for that too? Yeah I know I'm supposed to be responsible for completing this mod. But I don't need that much responsibility.

Fine. I've learned my lesson.

Even if you're worrying about so many events in your life, it still is a responsibility, Hack. We all worry. Just trying to clear the air, as usual. ~Star.

Also, about the flowers, I think the first could use a bit more shading at the edges. It's looks a bit bland, from my point of view anyway.

First of all, I never technically posted a release date. I estimated a certain month as to when beta 3.0 would be released. Obviously, my estimation was way off.

Also, Donovansrb10 must have modified the date on Beta 2.3.2's MainCFG. 'Cause I remember me releasing Beta 2.3.2 exactly on December 31, 2009.
You should of kept that in mind...

Yeah, and why do you have a site and such for just a mod?

I DID NOT edit the Maincfg. YOU put that EXACT date on there.

Edit:
ALSO, the last update on the forum is November 27, 2009!

Last edited:
I DID NOT edit the Maincfg. YOU put that EXACT date on there

SonicQuest Beta 2.3 was released November 27, 2009. But the beta was compiled November 26, 2009. I did NOT put that date in BETA 2.3.2's MainCFG. I remember releasing Beta 2.3.2 on December 31, 2009.

And to prove that the last release was not on November 27. I have a screen of the latest changelog.

reldate-screen-desktop.png

reldate-b232-desktop.png

The second screenshot proves that the latest version (Beta 2.3.2) was released December 31 and not November 27. I have been working on my project seriously.

You must think I'm stupid or something. I know my own mod. :\

Some of you may or may not know but...

http://www.sonicquestsite.co.cc/

Now redirects to...

http://srb2wind.co.cc/sonicquest/

"But why did you move?"
Well the site moved for a couple of reasons, I'll list some here:

• Personally, the domain sonicquestsite.co.cc is a bit too um... much for a simple website like this one.
  • I find srb2wind.co.cc/sonicquest/ much more appropiate for a website like this one.
  • Because I can.

"What about the forum and the devblog? I can't find them on the new website."

• Well, I have been taking into consideration that SonicQuest is way to over-advertised. And that most of the stuff the forum and devblog have could be done on a single SRB2MB Topic. So I basically decided that SonicQuest would live without a forum and blog.

"I don't think an SRB2 mod needs a website, I don't think SonicQuest needs a website."

• By all means I agree with you. But it's still a nice place to put all of the SonicQuest content I put out to the public. This website also makes a great download source for SonicQuest. :P

"What about SonicQuest Beta 2.4? Are you working on this as much as you are on the website?"

• I've been working on Beta 2.4 very, very slowly for quite some time. But I assure you, priority on SonicQuest is higher than priority of it's website.

And hey, you might find some new interesting things there... ;)

Even if you're worrying about so many events in your life, it still is a responsibility, Hack.

I'm really late for the ball, here, but making SRB2 levels is a hobby. He has no obligation to complete a level pack for you guys, so clearly, it's not a responsibility.

If you have no time for hobbies, then that just means you're busy doing something actually important.

Which pink flower? But yeah, that's my fault: I used pink and another color in a tiny checkerboard manner for the top part. I figured it'd look nice, but now I see it doesn't.

I'll probably fix that later, but this mod lost my interest, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back