SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news everyone, I've been able to complete and work alot of fun things into SonicQuest. Below list what has been done so far:

• The Ability to save your progress
  • New command lines and actions
  • 30 sec intermission time
  • 15 second item respawn time
  • 1 new unlockable!
  • 3 new CTF levels 1 by me, 2 by Dusk209 (Darkbob)
  • Slowed title background
  • 2 new tunes
  • Redesigned MainCFG
  • SQCMDS1 Script
Below is what still needs to be done:

• Lush Hill Zone (14% Done)
  • Import Sonic 3 Item boxes
  • Level Select Pictures
  • Green Hill Zone: Race Level (1% Done)
  • Make custom OGGs loop perfectly
  • Create Development Demo 1.00.0 for SQ beta testers
  • Release Beta 2.4
While I don't have physical proof that the stuff is done, I promise you will see those features listed above in Beta 2.4.

Sorry for the triple post, just wanted to show proof of SonicQuest's ability to save game data...

sq-saving-is-possible.png

Sorry, but I fail to see how this is anything special. You simply put a gamedata slot in the MAINCFG, no magic involved.

Sorry, but I fail to see how this is anything special. You simply put a gamedata slot in the MAINCFG, no magic involved.

Sorry, but I fail to see why you think this is special. I'm only showing proof. :\

Also, Sonic 3 Item boxes have found their way into SonicQuest:
s3boxes-sq-work.png

Lots of great features are being implemented into SQ, I hope you guys enjoy it when Beta 2.4 gets done.

Well, I don't know why you need proof for something like a gamedata. I would believe you have one without a picture. Same goes for intermission time and item respawn time. These are not features, just modified default settings that don't really serve any purpose. Why would I want more intermission time anyway?

These are not features, just modified default settings that don't really serve any purpose.
SQ's website said:
Modified Multiplayer Game SOCs to enhance play and change defualt game settings

The "autobindshortcuts" command to enhance play, and the SQCMDS1 script to change defualt game stuff.

Why would I want more intermission time anyway?
To make it feel more... "intermissiony"? :P

If the server wants different respawn/intermission times, they can change it themselves kthnx.

There's a reason why I didn't use the green Super/10/whatever Ring icon. None of the monitors in Sonic 3 & Knuckles had that green other than the Eggman monitor, and while it did allow you to see what was a 10 ring and what was not, it also kinda clashed with everything. I suggest using the old one, but that's mainly me being picky :P

Oh, and you DID do something about the 1-ups, right?

Also, I really wouldn't toy with the game settings like that. I'd rather change them on my own accord with my own script for my own needs. If anything, I'd have LESS intermission time and a lot more gametime. Plus, 15 second re-spawn is just BEGGING for trouble. I tried that once...Teleporters and recycles ALL THE TIME.

Last edited:
What do you mean?

Also, I really wouldn't toy with the game settings like that. I'd rather change them on my own accord with my own script for my own needs. If anything, I'd have LESS intermission time and a lot more gametime. Plus, 15 second re-spawn is just BEGGING for trouble. I tried that once...Teleporters and recycles ALL THE TIME.

I could set the intermission to 5 if everyone is okay with that, and setting item respawn to 20 or 25 might work too. Also, I might be able to set Teleporters and Recycles to off by default...

Also, I might be able to set Teleporters and Recycles to off by default...
Wait, NO Teleporters and Recyclers at all? Removing content from the game is a really stupid idea. Also, why do you want to toy around with the intermission timer and the item respawn time anyway? The fact that you now want to cut down intermission time instead of expanding it makes me ask myself if you didn't just do it because you can, instead of doing it for being useful, which it isn't, by the way.

What do you mean?

Tails/Knux/Charwad + Altered 1-up monitor = bork

Hence why in my mod, it's always a generic 1-up; so Tails/Knux/Charwad arn't an issue.

I could set the intermission to 5 if everyone is okay with that, and setting item respawn to 20 or 25 might work too. Also, I might be able to set Teleporters and Recycles to off by default...

Woah woah waoh, just because I hate how FREQUENT they are does not mean remove them outright. Hell, why screw with the settings at all? We can do that on our own.

Alright, I guess I'll just leave intermission and respawn time to SRB2's default settings. I just wanted things to be easier on the person hosting the netgame's part.

I can't please everyone... :P

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Update on Sonic 3 Item boxes...
s3-sq-2.png

Super Sneaker Item Box and Whirlwind Item Box have been "Sonic 3-inized". I also re-colored the ring area of the Ring Monitor so it doesn't have that green hue.
And yes, I shaded the Whirlwind Box's gray ball thing. :P

I will also be giving out SQdevdemo-coretest4.wad to SQ Beta Testers and Developers shortly, I just need to try out a few more things...

Why is the shoe monitor icon's black and the monitor's black a different shade from the normal black?

Also, I might be able to set Teleporters and Recycles to off by default...
Monitor CVARS only affect the ? monitors to prevent you from doing exactly that. You cannot affect the WRM/SRM rotation in any way.

New Title Screen. Has already been implemented into Beta 2.4.
TTWING-Show.gif

New work in progress screenshots of an unnamed Race level.
Starting Area:
Race-R3-1.png

Area following the starting point, obviously not done. (Blandness)
:
Race-R3-2.png

Unfinished Water slide area:
Race-R3-3.png

I'm also in need of a good name for the level, I was thinking Midnight Temple Zone. Erm I don't know.

Even for a Race level, it looks too wide. It's made worse by the fact that it's empty.
I think Midnight Temple Zone would work as the name, but you should open the sky so you can emphasize that.
It desperately needs texture variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back