SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-Post to grab attention:

While this isn't necessary I'd recomend you download the following...

SonicQuest Beta 2.3.1 PATCH: Download Now

Changes some stuff around like:

-Music in Frozen Lake Zone
-Music in Jade Hill Zone Act 3
-And other stuff...

Enjoy.

Link's broke. I can't even take a peek at the page. But very nice. The level is too dull though.

EDIT: Nevermind, my internet errored.

Last edited:
Hey Agent Hack, is it OK if you bring back the old jade hill and mix it with the new one in the next version? I'd like it if you did. Maybe replace Act 1 of Jade hill with the old one and Act 2 could be Act 1 in the current version. So ya, besides that, I think this mod is going good.

I feel as if I'm being ignored right now. =P

Last edited:
I was referencing the link to the page with the credit stuff. My internet shuts down when it's used for too long and I have to restart internet explorer.

ONTOPIC:
I did not notice a single thing new in the patch. If there was change, it wasn't visible.

I didn't notice a music change in JHZ3. I'll make sure to hunt in the patch with XWE, figure out what the hell you changed.

I actually did not change much. I really intended to change a whole lot more than just the music in the 2 levels. So yeah, expect a Beta 2.3.2 patch soon guys.

On another note, I've updated the History section of the SonicQuest website with a history download section to previous SonicQuest versions. Enjoy.

http://sqteam.webs.com/history.htm

I assume no 1.09.4 versions, correct? (Pardon me if there never was a 1.09.4 version)

Double-Post.

I completely forgot to release the Beta 2.3.2 Patch! I've been to busy with my life and playing SWBF2 online for PS2. :P A little PM from a friend of mine reminded me that I needed to release the patch, so without further ado...

Sonic Quest Beta 2.3.2 PATCH Released!

You can download it straight from the Sonic Quest website.

Download (56.3 KB)

The changelog is located on Main post. Also, I haven't really tested this wad out so I'll leave you guys to the job.

Seeya!
~Agent Hack

Sorry for the bump.

Wind on the NEW SonicQuest Forum said:
The New SonicQuest Website is now up and running!

The new website is up an running!

I actually can't believe I coded this website in HTML. Yep, I taught myself how to code web pages in HTML!

Anyways I'll jump straight to the facts:

New Features:
-Website is coded in HTML
-Website loads ALOT quicker than the old website
-Website has it's own special logo
-Bars from the SRB2 website are on this website

Bugs:
-Clicking the "Home" link brings you to a new page with just the Bars and the stuff I typed by itself.
-Clicking the "Forums" link changes the Navigation bar into the forum page. Which is just really weird, and a bit funny.

Things-to-do:
-Add in the rest of the pages
-Fix the Home link error, somehow...
-Fix the Navigation Bar changing into the Forum page error...

If you wish to contact me...
You can contact at my new Website E-Mail at: Wind@sonicquestsite.co.cc

Seeya and enjoy!
~Wind

Wind on another topic on the same Forum said:
As of 1/20/2010 the official SonicQuest IRC channel is no longer supported by me. You can still use it, but you probably won't see anyone on there but yourself.

You can visit the IRC channel here: irc://irc.esper.net/#SonicQuest

~Wind

Main Website: http://www.sonicquestsite.co.cc/
Main Forum: http://www.sonicquestsite.co.cc/forum/index.php
Files Page: http://www.sonicquestsite.co.cc/Files

Make your own layout, nobody even said you could use those images, did they?

They're just place holders while I get to making my own. (Assuming you mean the bars)

And about the layout, I made it exactly the way I intended to make it. Which makes it look like SRB2.org's layout.

Edit: Fixed all the errors found on the site! :D

Last edited:
They're just place holders while I get to making my own. (Assuming you mean the bars)

Okay, sure, my dad's PC is down at the moment, I'll just pop round your house and take yours until I repair it, I'm sure you're fine with that?

And about the layout, I made it exactly the way I intended to make it. Which makes it look like SRB2.org's layout.

Looks like? It is SRB2.org's layout, this does not make you look very good, I kid you not, ripping some random site is not as bad, but when you copy the design of the site for the game you're making a mod for (and a mod that really doesn't need a site or a forum at that) you're really going in the deep end. Copying site designs is a sign of an unimaginative, lazy author.

Loving the uptime by the way, very good uptime indeed. Shame it's down right now.

Last edited:
Okay, sure, my dad's PC is down at the moment, I'll just pop round your house and take yours until I repair it, I'm sure you're fine with that?

Sure. As long as you return it in a day or so. :P

Looks like? It is SRB2.org's layout [...] Copying site designs is a sign of an unimaginative, lazy author.

Okay, I admit it. I did copy the design of the website. It's not like It's hurting anyone or anything. I just really like the design and thought it could be the most easiest non-confusing way to browse such a webpage.
And you could also try looking at other mod's websites. They have an extremely similar looking design that practically matches SRB2.Org's.
Also, I am unimaginative. But I'm not lazy. :<

Loving the uptime by the way, very good uptime indeed.

Why thank you. :D

- - -
I changed the bars on the webpage. No more use of SRB2.Org's bars.

http://www.sonicquestsite.co.cc/

To make the site more original, could you try having the navagation bar at the top maybe?

EDIT: Also, will members of the SQ team be able to post updates on the site?

Okay, I admit it. I did copy the design of the website. It's not like It's hurting anyone or anything. I just really like the design and thought it could be the most easiest non-confusing way to browse such a webpage.

I think you really need to think about what you're saying, you did not design it. I could go and rip off the design of some big site, they'd probably go through some legal mumbo jumbo to get me in ****, because it's a little thing called theft.

And you could also try looking at other mod's websites. They have an extremely similar looking design that practically matches SRB2.Org's.

You never saw what happened to SRB3's site, did you...? That's the only one that's ripped it off other than you, as far as I'm aware.

Also, I am unimaginative. But I'm not lazy. :<

So not lazy you didn't bother to make your own bars before you put the site live? -_-

Why thank you. :D

It was sarcasm, the uptime is poor.

I changed the bars on the webpage. No more use of SRB2.Org's bars.

Better.

k, end of discussion, on topic you bums.

I think you really need to think about what you're saying, you did not design it. I could go and rip off the design of some big site, they'd probably go through some legal mumbo jumbo to get me in ****, because it's a little thing called theft.
He didn't say he designed it, did he?

You never saw what happened to SRB3's site, did you...? That's the only one that's ripped it off other than you, as far as I'm aware.
Mystic Realm and Chaos Domain also have highly original sites. Basically every mod website copies the design from srb2.org and modifies it a bit, save for Blue Heaven.

k, end of discussion, on topic you bums.
That's a bit hard when there's nothing else to talk about... Seriously, why are you wasting your time with a website and a forum noone cares about instead of actually working on the mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back