Sonic PSP and Sonic Collection 2 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, still, what does it have to do with anything? He's talking about the size of all the ROM Images together, not each ROM Images separately.

For those of you who didn't know already, Sonic Gems Collection has been announced at E3.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615854p1.html?fromint=1

Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, and Sonic R are the first three confirmed titles. According to the article, there will be nine games from the start, plus bonus games and a museum mode.

It's planned for released this August on GameCube and PS2 in Japan. No US date has been announced yet.

I'm impressed that AM2 agreed to finish up the Saturn port of Sonic the Fighters and port it over to the collection.

I'm extremely disappointed that they're going to use the PC version of Sonic CD as opposed to the vastly superior Mega CD version. I guess their software engineers weren't up to the challenge

firemario1001 said:
I'm extremely disappointed that they're going to use the PC version of Sonic CD as opposed to the vastly superior Mega CD version. I guess their software engineers weren't up to the challenge

How do you know this? The article doesn't mention it anywhere.

firemario1001 said:
"Vastly superior" my eye. The two things are practically identical. All that changes is the soundtrack, and God help them if they don't include both.

In my opinion, Sega is making a LOT of compilations. Check the sonic central checklist. There are a bazillion compilations.
They should make new games, like Shadow the hedgehog or sonic rush, not a million compilations always having the same. But what really like from the compilations like this one, Is that you can play games that were hardly accesed in the past, such as sonic te fighters.

Arf said:
In my opinion, Sega is making a LOT of compilations. Check the sonic central checklist. There are a bazillion compilations.
They should make new games, like Shadow the hedgehog or sonic rush, not a million compilations always having the same. But what really like from the compilations like this one, Is that you can play games that were hardly accesed in the past, such as sonic te fighters.
Personally, this interests me more than any new Sonic game they've ever made, because I don't want to have to boot up my Win 98 laptop to play Sonic CD.

The problem isn't the compilations... The problem are Sega America and Sega Europe! Sega Japan have better ideas and always create new games of Sonic... But the ideas of Sega America and Sega Europe are bad...

Mystic said:
Arf said:
Personally, this interests me more than any new Sonic game they've ever made, because I don't want to have to boot up my Win 98 laptop to play Sonic CD.
That's what I meant to say. The games that were hard to acces. Now sonic CD is a hard-get I believe. And getting it to work in systems like Win XP could cause problems. I don't know, I have Windows 98, and never used XP, but I heard somewhere, you can't run sonic cd in XP.

Sik said:
The problem isn't the compilations... The problem are Sega America and Sega Europe! Sega Japan have better ideas and always create new games of Sonic... But the ideas of Sega America and Sega Europe are bad...
SEGA of Japan creates the compilations as well as the new games. So America and Europe aren't to blame.

SEGA as a company has fired all the people who created the great work they did in the early 90s. They really don't appear to be capable of creating anything decent anymore. Has nothing to do with SOA, SOE, or SOJ. They ALL have this problem. They just don't have the creative minds working for them that made Sonic such a success.

Mmmmmmh... No all... Only MegaDrive... Remember, Saturn was the worse thing that Sega can created (well, after some computers)... But some people says that SNes won...

Arf said:
Mystic said:
Arf said:
That's what I meant to say. The games that were hard to acces. Now sonic CD is a hard-get I believe. And getting it to work in systems like Win XP could cause problems. I don't know, I have Windows 98, and never used XP, but I heard somewhere, you can't run sonic cd in XP.
In sonicology is a patch for the game.

I may be the only one here who thinks that Shuffle was awesome, Adventure 2 kicked ass, Advance was amazing, ChuChu Rocket was a pioneer, and just about every single new game that comes out of SEGA/Sonic Team is f***ing revolutionary.

It sucks being the only one :cry:

Don't worry. I think they're awesome. Just because I've only played once in my life a 128-bit console.
And that's what makes me angry. Why are you complaining if you have something like that? I would die if I had a Gamecube, but others criticate it very strongly. And again the question.
Why do you complain If you have a console like that??

Sonic CD, Sonic R, Sonic The Fighters plus six GameGear games and hidden bonus games!!!! :mrgreen: I think I fell in love with Sega again.

Shadow Hog said:
"Vastly superior" my eye. The two things are practically identical. All that changes is the soundtrack, and God help them if they don't include both.

I played both versions and PC seems to have worse lag in some levels, and the transition between levels when you time travel doesn't have that same appeal as the Mega CD. (No fade in or fade out, and that loading screen kinda of ruins the feeling). And they don't play any sounds during the short movies after the credits. (Eggman doens't laugh when the planet comes back, and if you get the Good Ending, there are these flowers that fall that had this weird music playing in the background, and PC didn't have that music).

Mystic said:
A Sonic CD-for-XP patch exists, ya know. I used it myself, it's pretty much flawless (save for how the loadscreens are now blank, but the game loads so fast I'll never miss them).

Remember, Saturn was the worse thing that Sega can created (well, after some computers)...
You only say that because you haven't PLAYED it. The Saturn was quite the console, ESPECIALLY if you import.

Unless you solely mean economically, in which case, yeah, they did quite a few stupid things. To be frank you shouldn't HAVE to import to best experience it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back