• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the hedgehog remake, Final Beta released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I'm a respected level designer? :DDD
Well, I could have told you that. Dynamic Temple, Firestorm Circuit, and Cosmic Angel were all epic.
Back on topic: \/\/00+! Another beta! And he's looking better every time. I did get confused for a second when I hit a pond, because for a second, it looked like he stood on the water. So I did it again, and it was just where I landed.

Well, I dunno if I can be called "respected" as I have only released one level, which happened to be my first. Unless you weren't aiming that at me....

Anyway, If you are gonna begin mapping your first 3D level, you might want to use 3D mode a lot (if your computer can handle it).
Here's some helpful 3D-Mode tips (take note that these are for SRB2DB) :
-Use the E,S,D,F keys to move around.
-To automatically align a texture, just aim at it and press A.
-To sector draw in 3D mode, use the ~ button when aiming at the ground. Sometimes this crashes the program though.
-Mouse wheel adjusts the height of the sector pointed.

Just some quick ones I could think up of, most of them are quickly discovered though.

I never really used 3D mode a lot. And I would HIGHLY advise against the whole ` key to create a sector thing. Didn't know you could do that until now, but you would risk making crossing linedefs a lot.

You guys were right, it's way easier than I thought. :D I've already managed to figure how to create sectors, things, player starts and rings just from playing around with 2D editing mode for five minutes. :P SRB2 Doom Builder is coming off as easy to use and setup. Now I just need to figure out to make thok barriers, add water, end sectors, level headers, etc.
Test shots only for proof, this isn't anything worth showing off. :P
srb20010-2.png

srb20011-1.png

srb20012-5.png

This is becoming a topic in itself. :P We need to get to talking about Shadow, guys, and I need to get back to finishing him before I get run over by serious Shadow fans.
I can't wait to start working on my match stage! :D

Dr.Pepper said:
This is becoming a topic in itself. :P We need to get to talking about Shadow, guys, and I need to get back to finishing him before I get run over by serious Shadow fans
Now why would any of us do that? *hides baseball bat behind back* Wow, I did not mean for all those b words.
All that aside, Cool! What's the level's theme gonna be?!?!?Shadow's looknig great. (if you look very closely before the word shadow, you'll see a small message that says what I'm really thinking

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Now why would any of us do that? *hides baseball bat behind back* Wow, I did not mean for all those b words.
xD
Hey guys! Look at what Angelus_the_echidna said:
Cool! What's the level's theme gonna be?!?!?
Set in a wooded area with two tree houses(for bases) and some abandoned homes for stocking weapons in. :P It will include roads, trees to 'climb' up with springs, a deep pond filled with water, and a really big hill. Once I can get started on it, I'll take some snap shots of it in progress and start a WIP topic. Since this is my first map, I will need feedback and help as I get more comfortable with using SRB2 Doom Builder.
That's almost all of what I'm going to say about it until then, so let's try to stay on topic, before a mod has to tell us to.

Dangit Angelus, I keep confusing you with Senku.

Oh and it seems that people don't know that you can CHANGE SKINS here.

Well this looks good, now I just gotta wait for my friend to spam my Inbox about this wad.... the Wad collector.

I just remembered I never explained my example exactly, I thought about how SA2B Shadow skates, so that's what I based it off of. Though I haven't played the game so I worked by memory. :<

*Cries*
I would have at least had the final version of ShadowRE(not the NET version) done today, but the back-diagonal running frames are still questionable, not done with his idle frames, and every attempt at finding a free spawnstate is causing the spintrail soc to keep pooping out anything that isn't an Egg Capsule. D: I also can't get his stripes to change color properly and haven't finished the alternate char select pic for NET. When will I ever be done with this stupid WAD?! *spammed*
This is all of all of the progress I have made so far, and it might be that way for a while unless I can get more input on the ****ing spin trail soc, as I might be able to fix everything else during the weekend. I wanted to at least release a usable NET version with the alternate idle frames while everyone waits on my lazy bum to finish him. :P
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iy4dtwzzh4n

Yeah, you MIGHT wanna make the net version have the black colorchange instead of red for 2 reasons, 1 not all the red is in range (I tried to fix the start/endcolor) and 2 I edited Shadow's supercolor S_SKIN thing to peach cause I thought at first the black DID change so that the jump frames would match the rest of the super kinda. But currently the NET version is all color dead, so I'd say revert the NET to black colorchange like the normal one, and set supercolor to peach/2. :<

Good idea Senku, I'd have to recolor all of the stripes to blue just so red would color change anyway, not worth it. :P My time would be better spent actually finishing the back-diagonal running frames.
Now, what to do about the spin trail soc...

Senku Niola said:
What's wrong with the soc? Maybe I could fix it.
I need a unused spawnstate in it that doesn't conflict with other characters' socs, like Rouge's spin trail. Or just one that doesn't make him poop other objects. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back