• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the hedgehog remake, Final Beta released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr.Pepper said:
3.gif

My first attempt, not so good actually D: Back to KolourPaint I go. *gunned down*

Perhaps you should make his back spikes shift up and down a bit too? They look unnatural just sitting there while he bounces around.

On those running frames, the thumbs are on the wrong side of the hand, the side spines need to move more than just the tips, and the feet are too big on the frame where you see the whole shoe sole.

Also I prefer Senkus to be honest, it maintains that creamy yellow look better than mine did.

In my opinion, if the super form will be like SA2, use the Senku's pallete, if is going to be like the other games like Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Next Gen, use the Nitro's pallete, also Senku accidently changed the noise pallete

nitro_the_hedghog said:
On those running frames, the thumbs are on the wrong side of the hand, the side spines need to move more than just the tips, and the faat are too big on the frame where you see the whole shoe sole.

Also I prefer Senkus to be honest, it maintains that creamy yellow look better than mine did.

My vote.

Lol, Nitro's. *shot* Count this under Nitro's just for fairness.

Also I'm in an art class so I'm used to figuring out colors and stuff.

Art class? I'm glad I didn't need lessons to learn how to draw better. :P *shot*
Back on topic...
It's settled then, ShadowRE_NET's superform will use Senku's color choices.
Ice said:
Perhaps you should make his back spikes shift up and down a bit too? They look unnatural just sitting there while he bounces around.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
On those running frames, the thumbs are on the wrong side of the hand, the side spines need to move more than just the tips, and the faat are too big on the frame where you see the whole shoe sole.
Knowing all of this, I'll try starting from scratch again. Daaah! I haven't been this frustrated with sprites since I was working on Blaze's back-diagonal sprites. D: It sucks when you have spriter's block.

I've mainly just had no motivation to work on Senku lately. D: So I feel your pain kinda. But keep up the good work with this Shadow.

Uber important bump! :D
4.gif

Still needs more work, but what do you guys think? I gave up on making his arms swing around like they do in SA2, there just isn't enough frames for that.

Dr.Pepper said:
Uber important bump! :D
4.gif

Still needs more work, but what do you guys think? I gave up on making his arms swing around like they do in SA2, there just isn't enough frames for that.

More important than my mod?...

Anyway, this is great.

It's definitely not more important than your mod, what good is a character WAD without decent levels to play them in? The Emerald Isles was a big motivation for me to finish Blaze, so I could enjoy playing as her in that uber awesome level pack.
Btw Chisuun, I enjoyed playing the Mount Dawn zone you released, despite the fact that you're death pits don't work. :P
I'll continue improving those frames and finish the rest of the angles, expect a new beta soon! :D

Ice said:
I have to say I like level wads more than character wads though.
What gave you the impression that I like characters more than levels? If I didn't enjoy playing SRB2 level packs so much, I would never have bothered making Blaze or even posted here in the first place. :P Character WADs only change you're appearance and ability to interact with the game's enviroment, and I make character WADs for that reason, to play my favorite levels as my favorite characters.
I basically have the same opinion as you, except I like characters that don't come with SRB2, so I make them myself.

I make character wads because I enjoy them. I wad mainly so I can make stuff that basically just looks cool. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back