RP (role playing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 Guy, "Fail" was witty years ago.

And Chaos is right. Which is why I'm kind of tired of the fact that the only thing I see the staff doing is banning people. I mean, just by creating ShufflarB2 and SRB2Live, a hell of a lot more has been done to solve our Master Server problem than anyone else here has done.

Why do I say that? Well, it's pretty simple: those exes aren't used for netplay much, yet they are a netplay enhancement, not only with newer gametypes and features, but with the fact that we have another way of getting some decent netplay. If Logan wasn't to ban any of the RPers, we would be fine, because noobs have SRB2 while we have SRB2Live and ShufflarB2.

Hell, if my predictions are correct, I just might be able to dump Sigsev Cafe. =P

knucky said:
Draykon said:
I'm just going to but in here, to say that it dosen't waste THAT much bandwidth. However I'd like to remind you all of this: If Logan says you can't do something, you can't do it. End of story. No amount of complaining is ever going to change anything. The Master Server is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship, and Logan is the head dick.

ok,what about a request that i do? if Logan could read what i said.Simply accepting MATURE role playing.Any term about sex,drug, and all what that 13+ will not be accepted,and can even get banned.

if its needed,im gonna make a post only of signature for accepting mature RP in srb2.Yep somehow it can be childish but playing as a caracter that you have maid isnt....because he might dont have the stupid personality of those childish hedgehog in Sonic...anyway,there some 8year kid that play this game.So it could be childish but that fine lol?that gay but there no problem with it.If they have fun well nobody care.The game isnt made for RP....but it could be.Just look all the wad caracter we got,and say they they are not used for rp only (for exemple that damn recolor mephile) i mean amyrose is mostly used for rp lol

another fact;almost every online game have rp in it,childish or not(exemple: runescape<----childish and world of warcraft<----mature)

i just hope you,god(logan), can read this

This is a SONIC game dammit. sorry, I just needed to post that.

Bluewarrior said:
n00bs have Srb2, we have Srb2live and Shufflarb2.
Shuffle and cueball61 have already won three intarwebz each. BlueWarriors post has tripled their winnings therefore they have each won 9 internets. Thank you.

What's the point in Role Playing? Go outside if you need to interact so bad. Or just read a book. As for it being immature, it's just like when you were 3 years old pretending to be your favorite superhero, only with text.
EDIT:
SuperSonicStar* said:
We cant do anything Guys!

• Even reporting does no good! There's no way we can stop he invashion of rp and hangouts of the ms. But even doing that, people wont give up on rping so much...

And thats the truth...*
You don't realize how small the SRB2 community actually is. It's not like everybody is being so overflowed with messages that they won't see them. They read the reports of rule breaking almost as soon as we send it. We know when there's an RP, and when we want to report it we know exactly who to talk to. Logan GBA's main purpose of the SRB2 community is the master server, and if somebody is not following the rules given to you by him, he will not show mercy.

Recently lots of the main noobs noobs such as catgirl, unique and evil tails have been permanantly banned from using the master server, and
lots of roleplaying servers are being banned, we are getting the numbers of roleplayers down I think, and at this point I think a lot of the
people on the forums should start hosting games on the master server, because from what I've seen, most of you are against
roleplaying and hangouts.

And instead of staying off the master server complaining about how noobs are overrunning it, we should (when we get get rid of a lot
more noobs) take the opportunity to get a load of people from here hosting games so that we're the ones on it. Lots of the main noobs
who were mainly responsible for all the roleplaying and hangouts have been permanatly banned, so I think if people from the forums
started hosting games we can stop so many noobs from hosting.

Or I'm talking utter crap.

I just agree that i hate that rp is against the rules, but i follow that rule anyway (even though my frriend who seems to like to use my name does not) but still I am an rp fan, don't know why, I just am, I am just stating my opinion, but if someone made another master server just for rp would that change the problem? Just wondering

Happened once.
People went nuts.

shayne said:
but if someone made another master server just for rp would that change the problem? Just wondering

Yes, but good luck finding someone willing to host such a thing.

Sciky said:
Lots of the main noobs who were mainly responsible for all the roleplaying and hangouts have been permanatly banned, so I think if people from the forums started hosting games we can stop so many noobs from hosting.

I agree that the intelligent group should host more. I'd actually bother hosting if my connection could support it, myself. But that's not going to stop the unintelligent group. And in all honesty, there's no problem that the unintelligent half is hosting, so long as they do it within the rules. The real problem lies in the people complaining about idiots on the MS who don't host themselves, when they are perfectly capable of it.

Luis, we're talking about getting someone to host the master server, why would we choose someone who likes to do something that's
breaking the rules?

luis90 said:
DarkWarrior said:
Yeah, good luck finding someone who wants to Roleplay (noobs) that will be able to change the defualt master server.

Is more like it.

No, I wrote it exactly as I meant it.
Don't stick words in my mouth, thanks.

SuperSonicStar* said:
Um no not really...

Funny, all you've said in this thread is, that you support roleplay, and have told srb2guy to shutup, then tried to tell us that trying to stop
the roleplayers is useless, which at this point now sounds like a desperate attempt to get us to stop reporting servers so you and others
can roleplay, And now you've said this for some reason, stop trying to get us to stop reporting servers, roleplaying is wrong, and very dumb,
so no, we wont stop reporting them.

Yeah I didn't think that part of my post through, but the main part of my post is just to say that I think supersonicstar is just a
roleplayer who's saying things to try and get us to stop reporting servers right now, so all the noobs on the ms can roleplay.

As for wether it'll go on forever, I don't know, but really there are sources where all these noobs are coming from, like youtube, seriously,
most of these noobs find out about srb2 from youtube when they see videos of roleplaying and overpowered wads on youtube and
go "omg hyyper tauils chao!!! I mudsty get this gaaaame!"

And really, I think things like youtube videos can be stopped, like emailing the staff and requesting those videos to be taken down for
the reasons we give that they're exploiting rule breaking, and bringing in unwanted users who break rules, and I don't think its
good advertising srb2 to any more people, because the truth is that just brings in more noobs.

So yeah while I may not have been sure of how long it'll take to stop all this rulebreaking before making my post, it was right of me
to tell supersonicstar to stop trying to get us to stop it right now, just because he likes roleplaying.

Let me express my thoughts on this matter...

Sonic and friends have alot of roleplaying potential. With lots of maps made in SRB2 that look like a city, or suggest adventure, it makes SRB2 great for roleplaying. Just the fact that you can be your own non-human-like character, and that they can do other stuff than your traditional lame magic RPG attacks, is already a reason why SRB2 is a great game for roleplaying. Add the fact SRB2 is greatly customizable, and has intense speed for those "action" moments gives SRB2 great potential for RPing.

But its done so wrong by all these guys. "The mystery of the freaking chao" or all turning into Hyper Mystic Sonic and shooting each other hundreds of times in Castle Eggman 2 is just wrong. I've never actually noticed SMS being used for those purposes untill I joined a n00b server for fun to see what it was like. It was horrible. Everybody had 999 rings and were spamming fireballs at each other as Hyper Mystic Sonic. Yeah...

I've got nothing against RPing. I even think its a fun way to bust time once in a while in a non-traditional way for SRB2. But for the sake of god and all that is holy, if you have to RP, at least do it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back