RP (role playing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

knucky

Ok,i have to make a post for it,that make me angry and it dont make sence.

FIRST!: i dont know where,but i saw somewhere that we couldnt do rp? or hangout?....here my question,why? i know there always some dude that are retarded and make shit.But in the real live,there some good guy that just wanna have fun.And THAT make me angry,because of moron we cant do rp? someone help me

SECOND!: i know there some guys that hate rp,i respect it, but when you are a server of 5,and all wish to do rp,that's not fine? =/ and anyway,im sure there some guys that play as girl just for "rp" lol (lol cuz i made it).

FINALLY!: well maybe im all worng and rp is acepted? well if we can get ban for rp,you are gonna have to kick lot of people! almost everyone that make a coop server are doing rp (you will never see rp in ctf or match server lol?) i know some people just like me are real freak of rp and play at 10 rp forum+ rp worldofwarcraft + rp msn + lot of rp game....i find rp all where i go in fact.Yep ima freak...but rp isnt bad? lol,maybe im just the one that do the most rp in all this world? Doing RP on THIS forum is not a good idea,i know,but in-game?

Making rp illegal will just make confusion,if we say in the server name(ex: knucky server! (rp) ) well only rp player will join,so we will be all happy? no? just saying knucky server! fun, can be hangout? but hangout and rp arent the same thing.So the people will join without knowing that rp and there the food fight.You just have too look carefully and about 33% of all the server ARE rp,but they just dont say it.(ex: knucky dedicated server!) but in fact that a rp server.

Look maybe i have the face in a pie cause all of this allowned but well,tell me! but if its not, well im against

Hangout and RPing is banned from the master server because it takes up Logan's bandwith, and for the fact that hanging out and RPing are just immature and childish. Sciky, SRB2 Guy, Insert Name Here, Sky Ninja, h4mg4 (did I get that right,) and I report them for said rule breaking. And yes, RPing can happen in match and ctf, same with hangout, if there are no rings in that map.

Sumakima said:
Hangout and RPing is banned from the master server because it takes up Logan's bandwith, and for the fact that hanging out and RPing are just immature and childish.

wow....rp immature? and taking MORE bandwith then other server?

rp is way not immature,you dont know what you are saying.And you say it take more bandwith lol? lol master server detect the rp then it crash? lol?

just as i said....there some people that hate rp,sorry but that not immature. If you continue to said that immature,gonna have too prouve it then,but be ready to got a huge fist in the face and im sure im more mature then you.

Well, knucky, it seems you don't know the MS rules. RPing is immature, because it usually consists of people calling themselves Sonic characters, and pretending to fight or... something else. (ugh) It does take up Logan's bandwith, due to it haveing a high number of players (idiots) and being an unnessary server. Hangout just sucks. Period.

Edit" Yes, Spazzo. I've learned to read "engrish" on my time on the internet. Took me about 6 months of training.

RP servers take up Logan's bandwidth as much as regular servers do. However, Logan doesn't want RP games on his Master Server, taking up space. He's generously donating his bandwidth to people who want to play SRB2, not RP. Here are some suggestions for you:
  • Make your own Master Server.
  • Host RP games over IP and do not advertise them on the Master Server.
  • Play SRB2 the way it's meant to be played.

Dark Warrior said:
RP servers take up Logan's bandwidth as much as regular servers do. However, Logan doesn't want RP games on his Master Server, taking up space. He's generously donating his bandwidth to people who want to play SRB2, not RP. Here are some suggestions for you:
  • Make your own Master Server.
  • Host RP games over IP and do not advertise them on the Master Server.
  • Play SRB2 the way it's meant to be played.
Better yet, do it in real life! (or on a chat program or something, if you're long distances apart)

Sumakima said:
Hangout and RPing is banned from the master server
Yes... because:
  • It takes up Logan's bandwith,hanging out and RPing are just immature and childish.
Sumkima said:
Sciky, SRB2 Guy, Insert Name Here, Sky Ninja, h4mg4 (did I get that right,) and I report them for said rule breaking.
Yes, but i'm not gonna be able to untill Monday. -_-
Sumakima said:
And yes, RPing can happen in match and ctf, same with hangout, if there are no rings in that map.
Yes. Just follow the rules...

It wastes Logan's bandwidth while playing srb2, around standing around talking, is not contributing to any of the game modes whatsoever and sonic games are not about standing and talking, which is why it wastes logans bandwidth, if you want to roleplay, do on on a different server from the master server or do it on an rp channel on irc or something.

As for you saying rp'ing isn't childish, maybe not on other games, but it is on srb2, because its not like other roleplaying games where you have mature final fantasy characters like cloud and Barret from final fantasy VII or Warcraft characters, these are sonic characters, characters which aren't interesting or mature enough (anymore thanks to sega) to make stories and roleplaying off them, and because of how young they are and the way they look, the horrible amount of extra characters put in every sonic game, and just generally the way the 3d games are so chidlish at points it excites children or really immature teenagers, then they come in, and rp, and it sounds something, like this.

"I gonna be with sonic" "no I am" "dinner time" "yaaay, Im gonna be there first" "time for your milk baby choa, and then beddy bed time" "no no beddy weddy time waaah". Because of the way the characters are and how many there are by what sega have done with them, children who have grown up with the 3d games (or some really wierd teenagers) come in and rp with immature and childish stories, simple as that, and its a FACT they're childish, its not the same as if you were roleplaying with like world of warcraft characters or halo or something.

And its a waste of time for Logan's bandwidth when you can do nothing but stand around talking somewhere else and it ruins the game for people with brains more mature then a five year old that want to play the modes that are officially supported by the game and actually are what sonic is about, speed, skill and fun challenges.

Another long rant by me, sorry everyone.

Yeah Kaysakado I was refering to pointless servers when I said "nothing but stand around talking" I wasn't saying talking is what wastes bandwidth, I was refering to the idea of rp'ing is just talking as that's all it is, and that creates a pointless server, which, as you said, wastes bandwidth.

You guys realize that the MS is only used as a way to list games, right? Talking excessively won't waste bandwidth. But still, having a pointless server does. =/

I'd just like to remind you guys that Sonic is, in fact, a children's game, and SRB2 is no different. If you expect childish things not to happen on the master server, then something is wrong with you.

If there was a separate place (master server or forum) for the younger side of the community to organize netgames off of this master server, then a lot of problems would be solved. Sometimes, though, I just wish this damn community would get along rather than being classified into the two parts "noob" and "leet".

Blue Warrior said:
I'd just like to remind you guys that Sonic is, in fact, a children's game

Really colourful games, with non human characters or sections of fantasy that wouldn't happen in the real world makes it completely childish, and not for teenagers or adults in anyway? *throws super mario galaxy out the window*.

Sonic games are not completely childish yes they are for children too, however I'm refering to the old 2d sonic games here really, the 3d ones did get really childish in a lot of areas which I did explain in my previous post, however its not completely for children which is why, older people play the current 3d sonic games but are always dissapointed because of the real childishness that was never there before as well as the bad controls and plot ideas, and older people try to play netgames on srb2, only they can't because people are acting really childish with roleplaying, which is one of the reasons roleplaying is not allowed.

Also this game is built based of the original sonic games which represent the earlier games, which were a challenge but were for kids to, so yes in a way we were obviously going to get some childish behaviour, but we should never have expected anything like this, really annoying immature people bringing there 1000 sonic characters and baby-like roleplaying every day to a game that's meant to stand for the old, good sonic games that didn't have all this crap.

And no, we can never get along with retards who act the way they do.

RPing is only childish if you RP childlike, unlike me I can RP pretty well:

<Senku> Hey Nitemare wanna race to Station Square? *rubs nose*
<Nitemare> *leaning against a tree, eyes closed* Nah, I'd rather just lay back and rest. *yawns*
<Senku> Suit yourself.
*Senku runs off* [This wouldn't be typed, but would be acted]

You get my point, right? Now leave me alone with this stuff, RPing is fun. :<

Yeah Senku, that kind of rp'ing isn't really childish or annoying, problem is its very rare to find people who would rp like that, too many people act how I and others have described it and that wont change.

Also even if people did rp more like you it would still count as standing around and talking making a useless server which contributes to nothing, when you could be doing it somewhere else instead of wasting logan's bandwidth.

Sciky said:
Blue Warrior said:
I'd just like to remind you guys that Sonic is, in fact, a children's game

Really colourful games, with non human characters or sections of fantasy that wouldn't happen in the real world makes it completely childish, and not for teenagers or adults in anyway? *throws super mario galaxy out the window*.

Tell me where I said Sonic games are completely childish.

Sonic games are not completely childish yes they are for children too, however I'm refering to the old 2d sonic games here really, the 3d ones did get really childish in a lot of areas which I did explain in my previous post, however its not completely for children which is why, older people play the current 3d sonic games but are always dissapointed because of the real childishness that was never there before as well as the bad controls and plot ideas, and older people try to play netgames on srb2, only they can't because people are acting really childish with roleplaying, which is one of the reasons roleplaying is not allowed.

Also this game is built based of the original sonic games which represent the earlier games, which were a challenge but were for kids to, so yes in a way we were obviously going to get some childish behaviour, but we should never have expected anything like this, really annoying immature people bringing there 1000 sonic characters and baby-like roleplaying every day to a game that's meant to stand for the old, good sonic games that didn't have all this crap.

Okay, first, please fix those run-on sentences. Second, the Sonic fanbase is attracting more people under ten nowadays, so, regardless of whether or not this is based on the classic series, it's going to attract the modern fanbase. If the modern fanbase consists of people under 8 who are entertained by roleplays and hangouts, then you're flat out of luck.

And no, we can never get along with retards who act the way they do.

Then you better do something to get them out of the community if that's the case. Reporting servers to get rid of noobs? Not going to work. Ten year olds will just keep coming in, and those that are getting banned will just return once they're unbanned.

Frankly, I think some of you guys here should actually try and understand why these people are roleplaying even though it's against the rules and try and justify the problem so it works for the betterment of both sides of the community. Shoving them out has proven multiple times not to work.

I'm just going to but in here, to say that it dosen't waste THAT much bandwidth. However I'd like to remind you all of this: If Logan says you can't do something, you can't do it. End of story. No amount of complaining is ever going to change anything. The Master Server is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship, and Logan is the head dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back