RP (role playing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 Guy shut up, hang outs are fun simple as that no questions ask. If you keep being like that your face might not have eye balls or noses when im finish...

SuperSonicStar* said:
SRB2 Guy shut up, hang outs are fun simple as that no questions ask. If you keep being like that your face might not have eye balls or noses when im finish...

Because threatening violence over the internet does everyone a lot of good.

SuperSonicStar* said:
Oh, and... No, you. They are useless and a waste of time / bandwith / money.

dark super sonic said:
Sumakima said:
Hangout and RPing is banned from the master server because it takes up Logan's bandwith, and for the fact that hanging out and RPing are just immature and childish.

wow....rp immature? and taking MORE bandwith then other server?
No one said it took MORE bandwidth than other servers; don't twist words around.
dark super sonic said:
rp is way not immature,you dont know what you are saying.And you say it take more bandwith lol? lol master server detect the rp then it crash? lol?
RP isn't really immature nowadays (especially over the internet), but in SRB2 it's usually just 8 - 12 year olds using chao wads and pretending to be babies or something. Anyway, the master server is unable to detect RP servers (it's usually under the Co-op gametype, so it's basically hidden until you go inside).
dark super sonic said:
just as i said....there some people that hate rp,sorry but that not immature. If you continue to said that immature,gonna have too prouve it then,but be ready to got a huge fist in the face and im sure im more mature then you.
It's not that we hate RP though. You have it all wrong! People get caught up in the rules, the noob situation, and getting noobs banned; their mind set is basically to search and destroy with RPs and Hangouts being the target. As I said before, most RP servers for SRB2 are very very immature, and it has been proven in the many logs from the servers from the hosts who've been banned already. Also, why are you offering a punch in the face for proving it? Not only is violence a sign of immaturity and insecurity, but I guarantee that if I were to know you IRL, I'd probably be able to take you. It's all a matter of maneuver and technique; according to what you just said, all you can do is look and punch wildly. Anyway, that's beside the point. Even if you can knock out, oh, say, Mystic, that doesn't make you more mature than him. Especially if you're fighting over something as trivial as Role Playing on a freaking game server.
dark super sonic said:
sumakima isnt right rpin and hangout is really fun its just kick a** just awsome so its a dumb rule to and got my best friend banned we werent hang out! but we rp if its only us 2
Aside from the grammar errors, I'd say you're completely wrong. Just because it got your best friend banned doesn't mean it's wrong, or it's a conspiracy. It means you have to follow the rules if you want to use the ******* thing, and if you don't like it, tough. Don't use it then. It's just that simple! You could have played with your friend without advertising, but you didn't. It's your loss, and no one else's problem. Take it up with Logan if you are feeling oh-so-bold, but all it's going to end in is you being banned along with your friend, which is Logan's way of punching noobs in the face.

Senku said:
...or maybe just have another MS for RP servers only or something.
If you look at the MS Rules page, you can see that I've already suggested that two different Master Servers be made, but it has been denied due to the fact that it would double the amount of bandwidth Logan needs to host the Master Server (originally), and also because he doesn't feel like it. That being said, I feel as if your response (@ Senku) is kind of biased, because you've been into that whole RPing thing ever since you came here. Hell, you still do it in Access with JTE, MK, and their crew of randomness, right? (lol SRB2RP) Though I really don't care, this whole topic is basically a huge mess of bias mudslinging.

Oh well. I wish I could stop it, but the only weapon I have against you flamers are words; since no one listens to those anymore, there's nothing I can do.

SRB2RP died, Mimiru's Home sorta died. So I haven't RPed as much anymore, I still like it though. Also how about ME hosting the Roleplay MS? I would have it up for certain hours or something. I mean I seriously wouldn't mind much, though I do need it to play SRB2 and stuff though, that's why I would only keep it on so long. But yeah, if Logan or something helps me I would be the RPMS host.

The master server source code is around here somewhere. I'm pretty certain it'll be easy for you to find it without any problem; by all means, go ahead and host. The only way it'll truly work though is if the SRB2 staff encourage RPing/Hangouting users to use YOUR server. It'd also help if it were on 24/7 considering a lot of people end up doing it in the early AMs, but I know it's very difficult to do so. It could work regardless, but you'll need support... But I really don't know where you're going to get it. To be totally frank, I noticed most MS noobs don't even know that "Advertise on internet" is going to put their server on a huge list; they just think it'll be put on the internet somewhere and people will find it, and they do! So it's not like they can read the rules anywhere, because they just don't know.

There are multiple issues with role playing on the master server. I'll outline the main ones:

1. Role playing servers waste space on the server listing. They're completely worthless for people who actually want to play SRB2. Say what you want, I've done enough role playing in games actually designed for it to know how role playing really works. It's not playing SRB2.

2. Back when we allowed role playing on the master server, there was a constant stream of people that went into those servers just to troll them. It was impossible to role play on the master server ANYHOW, simply because of the trolls. You need to set up a private game anyways if you want anyone to take it remotely seriously.

3. The people in this community downright SUCK at role playing. Most of them are 8-14 year old males that think role playing means repeating Shadow's angsty lines before killing someone in match. As someone who personally quite enjoys Dungeons and Dragons, let me tell you that "role playing" on the master server essentially consisted of either of the following:
a.) The host tells you all what to do and nobody really does anything (Shadow's old games)
b.) A bunch of idiots doing stupid crap that makes the "I'm attacking the darkness" people look like the best role players on the planet.

That is not role playing. It's acting like a moron, all the while, advertising that you're doing so, wasting the time of people who want to play and encouraging the trolls to join your game to make fun of how stupid you are. If we added a "role playing" flag to the MS, that would only solve problem #1, making #2 a hell of a lot easier and doing nothing about #3.

In conclusion, we do not allow role playing on the master server. If you would like to role play, you are free to set up your own master server or set up your own private games via IRC, AIM, or other means. This not only helps with keeping the noise off the master server listing, but it protects you from trolls making fun of you for pretending to be an angsty hedgehog with a gun, or worse, your very own recolor fan character.

Mystic said:
In conclusion, we do not allow role playing on the master server. If you would like to role play, you are free to set up your own master server or set up your own private games via IRC, AIM, or other means. This not only helps with keeping the noise off the master server listing, but it protects you from trolls making fun of you for pretending to be an angsty hedgehog with a gun, or worse, your very own recolor fan character.

So, from how I'm reading the bolded part, it sorta sounds like YOU are trolling. :/ But I'm gonna see what I can do about making an RPMS.

The bottom line, Senku, is that I joined enough RP servers back in those days to know what they did in them, and I assure you that allowing RP servers on the master server will not get genuine role playing like you want, it will simply mean that being an illiterate moron and basing your server around it would be considered acceptable. That is EXACTLY what used to happen on those RP servers, and that's why they're banned in the first place. That is not an exaggeration or me making fun of role players, that's what they actually did.

I know I wouldn't.

Roleplaying is best defined as multiperson storywriting. Each participant takes on the role of a particular character, and helps to write the story by pretending to be that character. It's really fun in the proper situation.

Roleplaying in SRB2 however, rarely works. In a game not designed for roleplaying, everyone finds themself out of synch. Not to mention, the majority of the SRB2 community are really bad at it. Well, you can read the rest of the topic to get why it dosen't work here.

We cant do anything Guys!

• Even reporting does no good! There's no way we can stop he invashion of rp and hangouts of the ms. But even doing that, people wont give up on rping so much...

And thats the truth...*

on Edge said:
Well anyway, the reason I see hangout is evil is that:

1) If I wanted to talk etc. I'd do it in real life, OR a chatroom.
2) There are MMO games that are actually designed for that kind of stuff.
3) Part of RPing means not being allowed to do anything, such as shoot people or finish the level. :<[/quotewhen

i do rp which is everyonce in a while. the reason i do rp because its to hard not to rp becaus i enjoy rp because it adds some more fun if your only doing the 3 coop levels but thats not my point my point is that when i rp i still play yes i dont just stand around i FINISH THE LEVEL or SHOOT RINGS AT OTHER PEOPLES dont blame all teh people who dont finish whne you rp just blame the people who hangout and do it

SuperSonicStar* said:
We cant do anything Guys!

• Even reporting does no good! There's no way we can stop he invashion of rp and hangouts of the ms. But even doing that, people wont give up on rping so much...

And thats the truth...*

That, my fellow users, is a example of FAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back