If Sega keeps going the way they are...

Will you remember Sonic as he was? Before Sega corrupted the series?

• I'm loyal to Sonic, he'll survive on sites like this if I have to program games myself!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah! Away with Sonic if that happens!

• I'll think of him how he was.

• I'll think he's a totally messessed up hedgehog, and play his games now and then...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashovare said:
TimberWolf said:
KingofFlames said:
TimberWolf said:
1. Everybody would get sick and tired of there not being anything new in each game like it has been.
2. No matter what they'll be whiners.
3. When you really think about it, you can see that the najority are whiners. I'm not one of 'em, but too many people ARE, and THEY overshadow the rest of the fans.
4. SAdv isn't really old, and the old games are looooooooong gone.
5. SRB2>Sonic'06. Sonic'06 is THE ONLY 3D Sonic game that actually sucks, which means that SRB2 is better than eet. I don't want to get into everything that happened on IRC last night, though.
1. We are already sick and tired of anything new in the new games.
2. How are they whiners again? Just by stating their own opinion?
3. Who really cares if they overshadow the other fans?
4. Oh really? Then why'd they release mega collection and gems collection?
5. Wrong, Sonic'06 is NOT the only 3D game that sucks.
1. Yet if they don't do anything new, they'll be people that're going to complain about everything being the same
2. As in they'll always be people complaining about how Shadow or Rouge or Silver, etc aren't in there or how it's getting repetitive.
3. Which means that they're wants are seen and heard by SEGA first, and SEGA will hear from them more than they'll hear from the rest of us.
4. Because they could? They can't release NEW games in that style, jsut let the new fans expierence the classic titles that started it all.
5. Really? Tell me any other 3D Sonic game that sucks and why.

Okay;

Sonic Heroes: I've played it. It's monotonous, and every team has the same moves because all the programmers did was edit the level to make it shorter different teams, or put in a mission. Mission select is boring too, and the leves don't have a ton of replay value. As an added 'bonus,' the voices of the haracters is also messed up. (Yes, I have played the game. In fact, I have it.)

Shadow The Hedgehog: They gave a super-Sonic hedgehog a gun and vehicles. It might have been a cool twist IF Sega hadn't ALREADY been meessing with the Sonic Series and sending it down the tubes.

The last one I'll mention: The new Sonic for PS3 and Xbox 360. Camera angles are terrible, and it's glitchy. They made some of the characters look idiotic, like Eggman, and added a human character! As if adding a human charater to the main story line (Besides Eggman of course) isn't ba enough (It's the way they integrated Princess Elise into the story that made it so terrible also) they made Sonic fall in love with the human!!

As for fans getting bored, Sega has thought up new and good or at least decent twists to make gamelay more interessting in the past. I mean, the story still made sense and the gameplay was actually fun.

Also, a lot of fans like the 2D games. In fact, I think they might sell more if they weent back to their 2D games. A lot of people I talk to say, "Yeah, I know who Sonic is. The old games rocked but I don't like the new ones."

Finally, of ourse there are always going to be whiners. But has it occoured to you that if 95% of Sega fans are complaining, they just might be doing someting wong? Don't reply to this with a, "They'd whine about something else." comment, because I, for one, know if Sega went back to actually producing good games, I'd be happy with them. (I'm not sying, "good" is 100 Sonic Advance clones.)
Heroes: It was meant to be a kids game to deter away from the seriusness that Sonic was becoming. As well, it wasn't meant to be all hard and shit. And give the 4Kids actors a break here, it's there first game that they've VA'd for in the Sonic series and they were jsut going by how they interpreted the characters to sound like.

Shadow: You just said why it's awsome: using guns and vehicles as well as going super-fast. I noticed that you didn't comment on the 4Kids actors (who've GREATLY improved, at least when it comes to Sonic, Espio, Shadow, Eggman and Knuckles).

Sonic'06: The PS3 version isn't out yet. As well, they made Eggman mroe realistic. Again, you didn't comment on the VAing, which has AGAIN improved. And if someone who isn't with IGN or GameSpot or anybody else doesn't find alot of glitches or bad camera angles, what does that tell you? And about Elise, they did the same thing that they did with Shadow and Maria.

You didn't comment on Sonic Riders, why?

Also, leave 2D for the hand-helds. The home consoles are for 3D games, PERIOD. Yes, they should keep makeing 2D handhed games, but they should also stay in the 3D market. They've learnt from Sonic'06, adn they're gonna bring the series out from the pit Sonic'06, and ONLY Sonic'06, made.

BlueZero4 said:
'Bout that Eggman thing. I thought he looked cool, or at least in the trailers. Probably a different story in game, tho'.
Why not just download the cutscenes here

Jman said:
It would be great if they can make Sonic games online playable like SRB2 though and make multi 4p. The games would be way better.
Sonic and the Secret Rings is supposed to be compatible online for the Wii as rumor has it.

Super mystic sonic said:
Meh, its mostly the camera and the lack of freedom in the 3D levels. You should be able to go everywhere in a level. Run on roofs, be superfast, turn Supersonic anytime when you have the emeralds, Jump on every mountain, and do just the good ol' thok(admit, its a great addition) and spindash. Slide moves and all that fancy stuff ruins the controls. Also, too much death pits. Really, you shouldn't die when going in water, or falling from a ledge. Just....make it 1 big area.
Amen. There is my #1 complaint with 3D Sonic games. I seriously think we need a first level as an open plain. You, Sonic, and miles of open terrain in every direction to explore as fast as you damn want. Draw distance high enough that the curvature of the Earth is the limit of what you can see, with rolling foothills of a mountain range you can actually go to on the horizon.

It's time to accept that the model presented in Sonic Adventure is outdated and no longer cutting it. What worked in 1999 doesn't work anymore in 2007, and we need something new. Running on a set path over a bottomless pit just isn't the pinnacle of gameplay anymore. I honestly have more fun running fast in games that aren't Sonic nowadays. Okami's wolf can run QUITE fast when she gets up to speed, but that doesn't mean the camera ever loses it and the gameplay turns into a linear path. Just running around in an open field is a lot of fun, and something you simply cannot do in 3D Sonic games. Instead of "Adventure Fields" from SA1, how about gigantic worlds that are the actual stages? Sure, there's a beginning and end of the level, but who cares how you get there?

_THAT_ is what I want to play.

Big, open fields is basically what they advertised in that trailer oh-so long ago, isn't it? It may look cool, but I think a big open field would just be boring. You need something leading you forward, but I'm not saying it should be a linear path over a deathpit, either. Now, an open field for an adventure field would be great. It wouldn't be a problem getting from level to level in a wide open area because, well.. you're Sonic. You can get from point A to point B in a flash.

Shuffle said:
Big, open fields is basically what they advertised in that trailer oh-so long ago, isn't it? It may look cool, but I think a big open field would just be boring. You need something leading you forward, but I'm not saying it should be a linear path over a deathpit, either. Now, an open field for an adventure field would be great. It wouldn't be a problem getting from level to level in a wide open area because, well.. you're Sonic. You can get from point A to point B in a flash.
Suffle speaks dah truths.

Simply give the player an idea of where they're supposed to go in the title card. By "flat plain" I don't mean "empty". Think Hyrule Field but hundreds of times bigger. Just because something is expansive doesn't mean you don't know where you're supposed to go.

Hyrule field is used as a means to get from place to place, though. It doesn't have a start and a finish. I can't think of any game where a huge area is used all the time, save for RPGs and MMOs.

Start at a beach or something, give the player a compass, and tell them their objective is "north", and face them north. The water would block off the player because eventually they'd go deep enough that they'd drown without air. It's simple enough to put in restrictions on the player's movement that make sense instead of "OMG WE'RE OVER A BOTTOMLESS PIT DON'T FALL". Have large rivers on the edge of the territory that you can't cross because they're deep enough and wide enough that you'd drown before you made it across.

You can't thok in real Sonic games. Also, don't you think they're smart enough to make it big enough that you can't get across?

Big open fields are fun to explore, if they has any interactivity, of course.
In the Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, I would spend endless hours on hours entering and leaving town to interact with the field, over and over again.
Expansive fields can be fun, if, developed properly, of course.
The Sonic Adventure fields were small and cramped (innovative at the time, though) and did not offer any lasting type of exploration, which sucks.

And THIS is why, as replacing one of the hidden levels, I'm going to have a great big open field in my level pack. Maybe I'll replace Mario Koopa Blast and have three acts. So, yeah, big fields are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back