If Sega keeps going the way they are...

Will you remember Sonic as he was? Before Sega corrupted the series?

• I'm loyal to Sonic, he'll survive on sites like this if I have to program games myself!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah! Away with Sonic if that happens!

• I'll think of him how he was.

• I'll think he's a totally messessed up hedgehog, and play his games now and then...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Not S
2.You misenterpereted me.
3.Who's ChaosZero?
4.More buttons, less authenticity. Pad and another button is fine.

BlueZero4 said:
1.Not S
2.You misenterpereted me.
3.Who's ChaosZero?
4.More buttons, less authenticity. Pad and another button is fine.
1. So? You don't actually need the boost to get an S rank. Actually, you only need a whole bunch of points that you can easily get by going back and forth on a rail and doing the rail tricks, because you always get the same amount of points each time for that.
2. Maybe, maybe not.
3. Fix'd
4. Not for everything that Sonic and co can do nowadays. You've got alot of attacks that they're capable of now, as well as the fact that in SAdv3 you contro 2 characters with a varity of actions. This is known as EVOLVING, NOT crapping out on games.
5. You forgot 5 D=

BlueZero4 said:
1.Cheap
2.Yes
3.Who?
4.Look at X-men
5.Who cares?
1. No, smart. Just Google "Sonic Rush Cheats" for hints and shit.
2. No
3. What, you can't read your own name?
4. Not Sonic, something crappy
5. You dun know that numbers have feelings D:

Super mystic sonic said:
Meh, its mostly the camera and the lack of freedom in the 3D levels. You should be able to go everywhere in a level. Run on roofs, be superfast, turn Supersonic anytime when you have the emeralds, Jump on every mountain, and do just the good ol' thok(admit, its a great addition) and spindash. Slide moves and all that fancy stuff ruins the controls. Also, too much death pits. Really, you shouldn't die when going in water, or falling from a ledge. Just....make it 1 big area.
Amen.

Alright guys, who the hell should care about buttons? As long as not all buttons are majorly important, I'm fine. Not doing a boost with L, a jump with A, a trick with B, a supertrick with X, a spindash with Y, and a R for speed thok and such. Look....now that would be crappy. Problem is, you do all actions with 2 major buttons. B and R. A is just a supertrick when on a spring.

As for me, Sonic Rush is the best 2D Sonic game ever. It has all those lacking things the old Sonics didn't had. Altough I do miss the tropical Green hill zone. And I hate the last special stage. Thats just plain unfair.

I simply Think That all Sonic Games Are too short

........Actually all games are too short(but more Sonic than most), and then you buy the sequel and it SUCKS NADS.

It sucks that game companies always Have to do this just to make more money, like if they had one longass game they wouldnt make much money.

I hate money, it has to exist though, because if it didnt people wouldn't work and we wouldnt have things like Games and Computers since the inventors would keep it to themselves

Black Zero said:
I hate money, it has to exist though, because if it didnt people wouldn't work and we wouldnt have things like Games and Computers since the inventors would keep it to themselves
GFT

TimberWolf said:
Super mystic sonic said:
I hate the last special stage. Thats just plain unfair.
Agreed. I can't get through that freakin Special Stage because it's IMPOSSIBLE.

I beat it. Sonic games to me has no problems. 2k6 kinda felt like SA and SA2 put together and there my favorites.

But did y'all forget about the Phantasy Star Series. They make alot of money off of it when you think about it. ST always get $9 from everybody a month who ever plays any of the online series.

It would be great if they can make Sonic games online playable like SRB2 though and make multi 4p. The games would be way better.

TimberWolf said:
Jman said:
It would be great if they can make Sonic games online playable like SRB2 though and make multi 4p. The games would be way better.
You mean like the DS' Wifi?
Yeah, 'cept it's been said a thousand times that SRB2 will not be ported to DS.

If someone were to make a crudely done (but actually working) expansion pak in the DS's W Gate that expands the RAM of the unit, would it work then, only having the very bare minimal requirements to run SRB2?
If a computer programmer who hasn't a computing job actually wants to do that, then I know thw answer.

TimberWolf said:
The MAJOR problem with MOST of the Sonic fanbase is the fact that MOST of the fans are crybabies.

You've got:
Sonic fanboys/girls
Shadow fanboys/girls
Classic fanboys/girls
3D fanboys/girls
2D fanboys/girls
Platform fanboys/girls
Handheld fanboys/girls
*insert character here* fanboys/girls
*insert platform here* fanboys/girls
*insert handheld here* fanboys/girls
*insert gameplay here* fanboys/girls
etc

THAT'S what's MAINLY bringing Sonic down. People look at the Sonic fanbase and see crybabies argueing over EVERYTHING, so they then take that image and place it on the games and company themselves: idiots who can't do anything but argue over everything and make crap games

If Sega stuck with one style of gaming, or actually listened to the majority of their fans maybe there wouldn't be so much complaining. Right now, Sega is making, "crap games." That's another reaon Sega fans are upset. Personally, I like the old Sonic games (Such as Sonic Advance) and I wouldn't mind if Sega went back to that style. At least until it go t holld on Sonic again. After that, they could try making some more 3D games.

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
This topic makes me want to carry on the title so it says, If sega keeps going the way they are the are going to walk into a brick wall.

Ditto.

Ashovare said:
TimberWolf said:
The MAJOR problem with MOST of the Sonic fanbase is the fact that MOST of the fans are crybabies.

You've got:
Sonic fanboys/girls
Shadow fanboys/girls
Classic fanboys/girls
3D fanboys/girls
2D fanboys/girls
Platform fanboys/girls
Handheld fanboys/girls
*insert character here* fanboys/girls
*insert platform here* fanboys/girls
*insert handheld here* fanboys/girls
*insert gameplay here* fanboys/girls
etc

THAT'S what's MAINLY bringing Sonic down. People look at the Sonic fanbase and see crybabies argueing over EVERYTHING, so they then take that image and place it on the games and company themselves: idiots who can't do anything but argue over everything and make crap games

If Sega stuck with one style of gaming, or actually listened to the majority of their fans maybe there wouldn't be so much complaining. Right now, Sega is making, "crap games." That's another reaon Sega fans are upset. Personally, I like the old Sonic games (Such as Sonic Advance) and I wouldn't mind if Sega went back to that style. At least until it go t holld on Sonic again. After that, they could try making some more 3D games.

1. Everybody would get sick and tired of there not being anything new in each game like it has been.
2. No matter what they'll be whiners.
3. When you really think about it, you can see that the najority are whiners. I'm not one of 'em, but too many people ARE, and THEY overshadow the rest of the fans.
4. SAdv isn't really old, and the old games are looooooooong gone.
5. SRB2>Sonic'06. Sonic'06 is THE ONLY 3D Sonic game that actually sucks, which means that SRB2 is better than eet. I don't want to get into everything that happened on IRC last night, though.

TimberWolf said:
1. Everybody would get sick and tired of there not being anything new in each game like it has been.
3. When you really think about it, you can see that the najority are whiners. I'm not one of 'em, but too many people ARE, and THEY overshadow the rest of the fans.
5. SRB2>Sonic'06. Sonic'06 is THE ONLY 3D Sonic game that actually sucks, which means that SRB2 is better than eet. I don't want to get into everything that happened on IRC last night, though.
1. We are already sick and tired of anything new in the new games.
2. How are they whiners again? Just by stating their own opinion?
3. Who really cares if they overshadow the other fans?
4. Oh really? Then why'd they release mega collection and gems collection?
5. Wrong, Sonic'06 is NOT the only 3D game that sucks.

KingofFlames said:
TimberWolf said:
1. Yet if they don't do anything new, they'll be people that're going to complain about everything being the same
2. As in they'll always be people complaining about how Shadow or Rouge or Silver, etc aren't in there or how it's getting repetitive.
3. Which means that they're wants are seen and heard by SEGA first, and SEGA will hear from them more than they'll hear from the rest of us.
4. Because they could? They can't release NEW games in that style, jsut let the new fans expierence the classic titles that started it all.
5. Really? Tell me any other 3D Sonic game that sucks and why.

TimberWolf said:
KingofFlames said:
TimberWolf said:
1. Yet if they don't do anything new, they'll be people that're going to complain about everything being the same
2. As in they'll always be people complaining about how Shadow or Rouge or Silver, etc aren't in there or how it's getting repetitive.
3. Which means that they're wants are seen and heard by SEGA first, and SEGA will hear from them more than they'll hear from the rest of us.
4. Because they could? They can't release NEW games in that style, jsut let the new fans expierence the classic titles that started it all.
5. Really? Tell me any other 3D Sonic game that sucks and why.

Okay;

Sonic Heroes: I've played it. It's monotonous, and every team has the same moves because all the programmers did was edit the level to make it shorter different teams, or put in a mission. Mission select is boring too, and the leves don't have a ton of replay value. As an added 'bonus,' the voices of the haracters is also messed up. (Yes, I have played the game. In fact, I have it.)

Shadow The Hedgehog: They gave a super-Sonic hedgehog a gun and vehicles. It might have been a cool twist IF Sega hadn't ALREADY been meessing with the Sonic Series and sending it down the tubes.

The last one I'll mention: The new Sonic for PS3 and Xbox 360. Camera angles are terrible, and it's glitchy. They made some of the characters look idiotic, like Eggman, and added a human character! As if adding a human charater to the main story line (Besides Eggman of course) isn't ba enough (It's the way they integrated Princess Elise into the story that made it so terrible also) they made Sonic fall in love with the human!!

As for fans getting bored, Sega has thought up new and good or at least decent twists to make gamelay more interessting in the past. I mean, the story still made sense and the gameplay was actually fun.

Also, a lot of fans like the 2D games. In fact, I think they might sell more if they weent back to their 2D games. A lot of people I talk to say, "Yeah, I know who Sonic is. The old games rocked but I don't like the new ones."

Finally, of ourse there are always going to be whiners. But has it occoured to you that if 95% of Sega fans are complaining, they just might be doing someting wong? Don't reply to this with a, "They'd whine about something else." comment, because I, for one, know if Sega went back to actually producing good games, I'd be happy with them. (I'm not sying, "good" is 100 Sonic Advance clones.)

'Bout that Eggman thing. I thought he looked cool, or at least in the trailers. Probably a different story in game, tho'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back