If Sega keeps going the way they are...

Will you remember Sonic as he was? Before Sega corrupted the series?

• I'm loyal to Sonic, he'll survive on sites like this if I have to program games myself!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah! Away with Sonic if that happens!

• I'll think of him how he was.

• I'll think he's a totally messessed up hedgehog, and play his games now and then...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuffle isn't taking the quotes out of context, just breking them down into segments, so he can more clearly tate an idea.

TimberWolf said:
Although debating is fun, it's rather pointless. I mean, why flame and argue over a different POV/opinion?
Well, you can have an opinion on whether 3D or 2D was better, but it's a fact there's more glitches in the newer 3D games and it's also a fact that Sonic is going downhill.

In the 3D games, Sonic does tend to stop more, but you still preserve a good amount of your speed if you use the homing attack before you hit the ground. Also, there have been 2D Sonic Racing games.

I think Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and back was really good, (with the exception of a couple games) Sega should actually put some time, effort, and most importantly, thought into their games.

Shadow Hog said:
No, there is no such thing as a 3D sidescroller.

It's 2.5D.
See? I was right.

Anyway, I'm still adament that the only bad Sonic game has been Sonic'06, and by all accounts THAT'S being fixed.

Whether you were right or wrong Timber, that's probally something Sonic needs, just take a break from 3-D. A MAJOR break. What's so wrong with that?

I wouldn't mind the 3D so much if, y'know, the games didn't suck. Sonic R was limited, but it was a pretty fun 3D game.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
Whether you were right or wrong Timber, that's probally something Sonic needs, just take a break from 3-D. A MAJOR break. What's so wrong with that?
Some of the fans will go "RELEAS A GAEM NAO FOAR EH PLATEFIRM!".

The MAJOR problem with MOST of the Sonic fanbase is the fact that MOST of the fans are crybabies.

You've got:
Sonic fanboys/girls
Shadow fanboys/girls
Classic fanboys/girls
3D fanboys/girls
2D fanboys/girls
Platform fanboys/girls
Handheld fanboys/girls
*insert character here* fanboys/girls
*insert platform here* fanboys/girls
*insert handheld here* fanboys/girls
*insert gameplay here* fanboys/girls
etc

THAT'S what's MAINLY bringing Sonic down. People look at the Sonic fanbase and see crybabies argueing over EVERYTHING, so they then take that image and place it on the games and company themselves: idiots who can't do anything but argue over everything and make crap games.

Then when you have idiots as lemmings that can't make a decision for themselves and rely on REVIEWS, that seem to not like the games no matter what (fucking pricks), you have what is going on now.

Somebody at another forum that both Boinciel and Spazzo know from that forum played the game, and HE reviewed it and DIDN'T give it a crap score.

In fact, I'll quote him:

Sho said:
As most of you know, I got a 360 and Sonic Next for Xmas. The 360 is pretty damn cool, although it tends to overheat with the amount of time my parents are playing that damn golf game on it.

Moving on, Sonic Next, in all it's shiny double-boxed glory, was unwrapped along with the console to play it on. I had been hearing a lot of bad things about the game, and I was itching to know whether it was true.

After playing it for an hour or so, I came to the conclusion that the reviews were wrong. It's a badass game. It has a glitch here and there, but it's awesome. The gameplay's fast and a lot more enjoyable than the last few games. It revitalises the meaning of speed in the games, the levels keep you moving. The town levels are enjoyable too, and some of the odd jobs people have you doing can be fun and a decent break from all the running around.

The graphics are amazing compared to anything before it. Everything flows in movement, although the characters are a little stiff.

I loved the music. It was a good variety of songs, and really felt fitting to the level.

Silver's levels were challenging and original. Despite him being a lot slowler than Sonic, the gameplay is just as fast paced. There are a lot more puzzles, some of which are frustrating. Shadow's gameplay lands you in vehicles most of the time, but they're not particularly needed most of the time. Shadow has a lot more power than Sonic, and is slightly slower than him, but still fast. His levels are based around finding things or destroying things to open doors, although he also has similar levels to Sonic at times.

The buyable powerups are a neat feature. I had a lot of fun slowing my surroundings and pulling off Matrix-like moves, or shrinking and jumping around.

The voice acting was pretty good. Silver's voice is annoying at times, but is still fitting to his character. Although everyone using the same voice samples when spoken to can get annoying.

To sum things up, this is a very good game, despite what most reviewers have stated that were expecting "Sonic going back to his roots." and being anal about anything other than Sonic on his own running through Green Hill Zone again. The new concepts are good, and Sonic's gameplay IS a lot closer to how it was in Sonic Adventure and possibly before that. Running, killing enemies. No secret Keys, guns, Chao Drives or animals, just plain running through the levels at breakneck speeds, killing enemies and collecting rings. How further to his roots do you want to get?

For most reviews I've read, people say they played the first level as Sonic and decided it sucked balls. You need to play it more than that, and not be snobby about it. I played it normally, I'm just writing this because all this "I won't go near Sonic Next 'cause the reviewers said it's BAAAAAAD. Sega's going downhill =( =( =(" was getting on my nerves. It's a good game, And I enjoyed it. People can have their opinion on it, but TRY the game first, instead of relying on reviewers to make decisions for you. So it's not the best thing since sliced Mega Drive, but it's close. It's a very enjoyable game if you want to enjoy it, unlike most people NOT wanting to enjoy it and picking at everything until the eventual slew of 5/10s. I don't give a damn about what "IGN's official opinion" gave it. It's their opinion, not yours. If they said "I think Coca Cola sucks and gets a 2/10" would you never drink Coca Cola again? I don't think so. So why be like that with games?

I'm just going in circles now due to tiredness and the though-train derailing, but I got my point across.

This has been an opinion by Sho. Have a nice day.

Ok TimberWolf, he's fully entitled to his own opnion.
But the fact remains, Sonic has been degrading over the years, even if some people don't want to believe it.
Some fans are just tired of the way Sonic Team has been treating Sonic.
I don't have to write my own review, I can read other ones that you say are just being negative (but true, none the less) and agree with them.
Go and play those games, I don't care, but the fact remains:
Sonic Team is producing nothing but crap.
Oh, and there are a lot more bugs than just a couple of them.

TimberWolf, who's Sho?

Also, there's no convincing me. I'm never buying an Xbox 360 or a PS3. The slightest reason I might've bought'n either was Sonic 2k6. It's not that good a reason, be it a plus AT ALL.

BlueZero4 said:
TimberWolf, who's Sho?

Also, there's no convincing me. I'm never buying an Xbox 360 or a PS3. The slightest reason I might've bought'n either was Sonic 2k6. It's not that good a reason, be it a plus AT ALL.
He's from another forum. Both Boinciel and Spazzo also know who he is. He's giving a game a review by actually playing it. How many of you have played the game? Daioka already said that he HASN'T:

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
I can read other ones that you say are just being negative (but true, none the less) and agree with them.

WHich obviously means that he doesn't know how many glitches there are. SHO'S showing the plus sides to it that reviewers constantly leave out and instead pick on the little things in the games.

If someone who doesn't make reviews for huge ass websites DOESN'T see anything that the reviewers are, something's wrong with the reviewers.

Those big websites seem to look for the "wrong" in games. I was disappointed when Sonic Next got a 5/10.

Excuse you, if you would stop being a dumbass and stop taking random sentences out of context, you would have seen that I later repiled that I did have a chance to finally play it, and I was disgusted with it.

And why should I list the number of glitches, for what purpose?
How about you read all of my posts befiore bad-mouthing me.
And don't even bother to say you did, it's obvious you didn't.

TimberWolf said:
The MAJOR problem with MOST of the Sonic fanbase is the fact that MOST of the fans are crybabies.

You've got:
Sonic fanboys/girls
Shadow fanboys/girls
Classic fanboys/girls
3D fanboys/girls
2D fanboys/girls
Platform fanboys/girls
Handheld fanboys/girls
*insert character here* fanboys/girls
*insert platform here* fanboys/girls
*insert handheld here* fanboys/girls
*insert gameplay here* fanboys/girls
etc

THAT'S what's MAINLY bringing Sonic down. People look at the Sonic fanbase and see crybabies argueing over EVERYTHING, so they then take that image and place it on the games and company themselves: idiots who can't do anything but argue over everything and make crap games.
The Sonic Fanbase wouldn't be so disjointed if SEGA didn't make all of their games so different. It all started really going downhill when SEGA stopped making their own consoles. Face it, Sonic's transition into the 3D world wasn't a good one.

Meh, its mostly the camera and the lack of freedom in the 3D levels. You should be able to go everywhere in a level. Run on roofs, be superfast, turn Supersonic anytime when you have the emeralds, Jump on every mountain, and do just the good ol' thok(admit, its a great addition) and spindash. Slide moves and all that fancy stuff ruins the controls. Also, too much death pits. Really, you shouldn't die when going in water, or falling from a ledge. Just....make it 1 big area.

Well, thats my list of complaints about 3D Sonic. Now for 2D! Extremely low accel, no air move without barrier, slow charging, lack of view, too much rocks and obstacles that can't be dodged without slowing down, not clear enough about whats a death pit and what not, if you stand on a hill with a enemy you'll be death/hurt in no time, unfair crap controllled special stages, weird looking Amy and Sonic, no balance between Sonic and other characters, no spindash while running, no....

<Furious> Stop, I understand already, okay?
<SMS> But.....I was only at 1/9 of the list....

I don't find jokes that involve fake lines funny.

Anyways.

I see the Sonic games as getting faster, with more glitches and less freedom. I haven't played 2K6, but I may get it if I see it in a bargain bin or something, provided it's for PC.

Super mystic sonic said:
Meh, its mostly the camera and the lack of freedom in the 3D levels. You should be able to go everywhere in a level. Run on roofs, be superfast, turn Supersonic anytime when you have the emeralds, Jump on every mountain, and do just the good ol' thok(admit, its a great addition) and spindash. Slide moves and all that fancy stuff ruins the controls. Also, too much death pits. Really, you shouldn't die when going in water, or falling from a ledge. Just....make it 1 big area.

Well, thats my list of complaints about 3D Sonic. Now for 2D! Extremely low accel, no air move without barrier, slow charging, lack of view, too much rocks and obstacles that can't be dodged without slowing down, not clear enough about whats a death pit and what not, if you stand on a hill with a enemy you'll be death/hurt in no time, unfair crap controllled special stages, weird looking Amy and Sonic, no balance between Sonic and other characters, no spindash while running, no....
So you're saying that SEGA and ST should just give up and go bankrupt? Thing is, you're wrong on both counts:
3D: If ti was one big area with no obsacles, pits, etc it'd be too easy to just run straight through the level and wouldn't be fun PERIOD. As well, you get mroe movement in the 3D games than in the 2D games because you get to go in all directions, not just up/down or left/right. You DO get to explore. I've done it myself in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I've also SEEN it in SADX and SA2B.

2D: Try going full speed in Sonic Rush and you'll see how wrong you are, plain and simple.

But Sonic Rush isn't a real 2D sonic game. For one, Sonic only should use the directions and jump. Sonic Rush practically requires the use of boost, even though all the other actons are still present.

For that matter, Advance was never truly Sonic, because it used B, among other buttons.

And as for 3D, they just plain and simple need more platforming.

BlueZero4 said:
But Sonic Rush isn't a real 2D sonic game. For one, Sonic only should use the directions and jump. Sonic Rush practically requires the use of boost, even though all the other actons are still present.

For that matter, Advance was never truly Sonic, because it used B, among other buttons.
1. No you don't. The only point when it's REQUIRED is to get into a Special Stage, everywhere else you cna just run without using the boost.
2. Sonic Rush was 2D for the main levels and more 2.5D for the bosses. It;s still mainly 2D.
3. So if Sonic doesn't just jump, it's a piece of crap? That is the lamest excuse EVAR.
4. So a Sonic game is crap because you use alot of buttons, including a B button. Again, that is the lamest excuse EVAR.
5. 5 is a good number

1.Have you ever done a mission that way? Look at your score afterwards.
2.I was reffering to authenticity, not dimensions played in.
3.What?
4.Auhenticity again.
5.Why 5? 4 is awesome.

BlueZero4 said:
1.Have you ever done a mission that way? Look at your score afterwards.
2.I was reffering to authenticity, not dimensions played in.
3.What?
4.Auhenticity again.
5.Why 5? 4 is awesome.
1. I have, and I got an A rank.
2. Explain
3. Let me quote you:
BlueZero said:
Sonic only should use the directions and jump.
By that, you stated that Sonic should only move left/right and jump.
4. Again, explain
5. 5 pwns 4 because 5 is larger than 4, although 6 is worried because 7 8 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back