Drifters Characters (2.0 versions released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I may not have worked on any new Nitemare sprites yet but I did randomly start fixing up the Senku md2 I have.
srb20016.png

I haven't released it at all, still gotta fix up some glasses and his pants.

Cause so far, I've only seen crappy edits of the Sonic model, plus I wanted to try editing it myself since I know the most about Senku's looks of course. :P

No, he said my models are crap. Really, he did. And you didn't start editing it randomly, you started editing it when I was going to give you some ideas for it that didn't turn out working.

Ok, all the character wads were updated, and Sinkoo is released with a temporary ability. I quickly reupdated Sinkoo, slight sound problem with him.

Jacklekku said:
Senku Niola said:
Human Nitemare looked more angry in the drawing Senku made in the Fancharacters topic (Senku, I edited my post's original Fancharacters list last night with the human versions of your characters, if you haven't noticed).

Suchi-Rukara-Chan looks like a mixture bitween Amy and Blaze. I like her, though. I wonder how Suchi-Rukara-Kun looks like...

First off, fanchar topic?

Second, Suchi looks like this:
th_SuchiChan_Scan.jpg

I canceled her for now though, Nitemare is bad enough to work one first.

Hang on a second, this makes no sence
12. Do not post recolors, sprite rips, music replacements, or timer socs.

* Recolors, or edited versions of the official character sprites, are extremely disliked. Making fan characters or bad edits of official characters is almost always bad, and has a great lack of creativity. Don't make them, and if you do, don't release them. People just don't like them.
* Sprite rips, where you simply take a sprite from another game, which generally doesn't look anything like the art in SRB2, and put it into an SRB2 character. While it's possible to make a good sprite rip into a character, it almost always looks awful. Don't do this unless you know exactly what you're doing.
* Music WADs, or WAD files containing music lumps to change the soundtrack for SRB2, just aren't interesting. They're also potential copyright violations, so they are banned from the forums entirely. If you post one, it will simply be deleted.
* Timer SOCs, or SOC files that only edit the time periods for certain things, like Invincibility or drowning, are pointless, and anyone can make them.

These types of WADs are frowned upon, and frequently will lead to your link removed and topic locked. Even if that doesn't happen, you will get a negative reaction, because nobody really likes to play them.
Isnt this technecly (sp?) a recolour? sorry if this offends you, but what makes senku NOT a recolour, don't say, "olololo it ays teh clothes" 'cause light dasher has clothes, is he not a recolour? no

By god its a double spam post o doom! Senku rules by the by his wall jump stops in the air though. That stinks in netgames when you think you are sonic in race mode...

light dasher said:
Hang on a second, this makes no sence
12. Do not post recolors, sprite rips, music replacements, or timer socs.

* Recolors, or edited versions of the official character sprites, are extremely disliked. Making fan characters or bad edits of official characters is almost always bad, and has a great lack of creativity. Don't make them, and if you do, don't release them. People just don't like them.
* Sprite rips, where you simply take a sprite from another game, which generally doesn't look anything like the art in SRB2, and put it into an SRB2 character. While it's possible to make a good sprite rip into a character, it almost always looks awful. Don't do this unless you know exactly what you're doing.
* Music WADs, or WAD files containing music lumps to change the soundtrack for SRB2, just aren't interesting. They're also potential copyright violations, so they are banned from the forums entirely. If you post one, it will simply be deleted.
* Timer SOCs, or SOC files that only edit the time periods for certain things, like Invincibility or drowning, are pointless, and anyone can make them.

These types of WADs are frowned upon, and frequently will lead to your link removed and topic locked. Even if that doesn't happen, you will get a negative reaction, because nobody really likes to play them.
Isnt this technecly (sp?) a recolour? sorry if this offends you, but what makes senku NOT a recolour, don't say, "olololo it ays teh clothes" 'cause light dasher has clothes, is he not a recolour? no

Bumping my topic only cause I never got to answer this, my wads may be "recolors" in way, but unlike quite a few wads that are in this section of the forum, I took over about a month or more for all three characters, plus more if you count all these updates for them. As for that, and that the sprites actually look nice and all. They even have a different feel in the game to an extent.

Actually Senku your WADs are sprite edits, not recolors. Or maybe they're mixes.

Everyone gets the terms mixed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back