• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the whole point of making a mod out of anything is purely due to having fun, I was having fun making this mod, and I still am, I'm still intending to release it. I don't know why some people are hating this project soo much. If this is breaking any rules, please tell me. If I'm taking credit for other people's work, I haven't released it with a readme yet.

DashFox2007 said:
What I have is a collection of free license textures that I plan to replace with my own later, with everyone credited.
Why don't you just make your own textures first? You'll get a better feel of the level while you're making it, rather than feeling like you're playing your old level with different textures.

DashFox2007 said:
Well, I haven't been working on this thing ever since the day I first started it, I stopped working on it for a while, then I started it again.
I'm not trying to suggest you have. I'm saying you're putting in too many small things, especially when you're gauging your progress until release by the things you're not working on.

DashFox2007 said:
All I was doing was making this mod for fun, I was planning on releasing it, and I was planning on getting critiqued on it, honestly, if it bothers you that much, then I'll just let this topic die and work on it myself for my own recreational purposes.
I don't have a problem with you working on this for fun. (Why would you make something for SRB2 if you weren't having fun?) What I do have a problem with is that you're trying to hype your mod by showing off small details that don't matter in the long run.

Oh, and why do you think we're not impressed? As a community that leans towards gameplay over graphics, small things aren't necessary.

You might as well focus on the small things, given you actually aren't going to put any levels in it. (Unless you're talking about the whole not working on it/procrastinating/bugs thing.)

Something that I would like to see would be the main content (such as levels) in an eternal .wad file that could be loaded into vanilla SRB2, and the .exe having a bunch of small extra effects.

I think I'll just individually release levels on the message board first instead of releasing a group of levels that need improvement all at once here. I'll release all the other misc stuff I have done now and come back and add levels to this when I have more experience.

But the exe still has lots of little changes that are still enjoyable and fun to mess around with.

When I think my level designing skills are good enough. The levels I currently have I think are ok, but I think I need more practice to release a set of good levels for this thing.

DashFox2007 said:
When I think my level designing skills are good enough. The levels I currently have I think are ok, but I think I need more practice to release a set of good levels for this thing.
Practice makes perfect. If you're going to wait to make levels that are explicitly for your mod, you might as well make some other ones first to practice.

Princess Solelias said:
If I had known about this a long time ago, I would say you was stealing our idea with the gems but I rather keep rings instead.

Is there a reason why you keep ranting on about Gemplanet?

Princess Solelias said:
If I had known about this a long time ago, I would say you was stealing our idea with the gems but I rather keep rings instead.

That's an lol there, look at the date when I started this, GEMPLANET is actually the mod that should be accused of copying here.

BlueZero4 said:
Practice makes perfect. If you're going to wait to make levels that are explicitly for your mod, you might as well make some other ones first to practice.
I think I'll just individually release levels on the message board first instead of releasing a group of levels that need improvement all at once here.

Yeah, BZ4, I was going to do what you just said.

from 1 to 10 how far is the exe complete?

Why are you guys bringing GemPlanet up? I didn't said nothing about it or ranting on it.

I never heard of this wad/mod/exe or whatever it is when I got started helping him on the final version.

I just wanted to help him on his final version becuase I hated the old one, I don't know why but I did. He was a beginnger at the old version so I shouldn't really complain.

Ok so you started this a year ago, WOW! I started 10 months later and quite finished.

Since you want to bring GemPlanet up, lets Compete your wad/mod/exe or whatever it is vs our mod.

No one say nothing negative about this now becuase there is no telling whats in GemsofEarth and DashFox's mod after seeing the progress.

EOC.

Gemplanet is a wadded mod.
Dashfoxs' mod is an exe mod.

No offense to GemEarthBrandon and Princess Solelias ,but, you two can't do much of what DashFox is doing in his mod so there really is no point in competing.

GemPlanet was supposed to be an EXE as well. It still might be one.

And I could had sworn said EOC but you always has to be VERY ANNOYING!

Damn, you have no type of sence in you.

Sorry to ruin the topic becuase of that rat.

And I don't know how to make an EXE, no one still ever told me how to edit a source code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back