• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you're thinking 3D Floors, or whatever they're called, and those are not FOFs, AFAIK.

shot0025kv8.png

Realistic Texture set + Dynamic Lighting + New OpenGL renderer
shot0024he5.png

shot0020jy3.png

More stuff soon...

Karuno said:
Yes, the pictures LOOK cool, but fancy textures and lighting effects don't make up for a bad level.

Ok, so what are you implying, that I'm spending too much time on everything else but the levels, which you haven't even played yet?
Yes it LOOKS cool, but I'm actually trying to take my time on the levels as well, I have no idea why you seem to assume that the actual levels in the mod are automatically going to be awful.

I don't think so. I think he's saying that you may be making all these cool effects, but that it wont make up for if your level designing skills suck...

I know that all my levels need to be well designed, the project would fail if I didn't take my time to create uncramped levels with good sector layout and item placement.

I'm going to completely finish a few levels first, then I'll release an exe/app with those levels and other features of the mod in editing. I get critiqued on those levels, fix em up, make more levels, and put the mod in the releases section of the forum. I'll take my time to finish up all the other levels and material and keep on releasing new versions in releases. Although, the levels are going to take some time, because I really want to make better-than-decent quality levels.

Edit: So yeah, I'm going to release a beta here first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back