• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Solelias said:
And I could had sworn said EOC but you always has to be VERY ANNOYING!
You don't run this place. You do not tell other people what to do, understood?

Princess Solelias said:
Damn, you have no type of sence in you.

Sorry to ruin the topic becuase of that rat.
This, this right here, is blatant flaming. Read these before you post next time, and don't act like that.

So basically we would have the exe and then add any levels which you make =/, what about the normal srb2 levels and the ones which people make, will they be compatible with the final version ?

Probably not, considering lots of things are going to be added and replaced. Although, I pretty much know for a FACT FinalEgg.wad will be unsupported.

Well, here's the EXE/App, it has nearly all the features listed on the first page. This is designed to be used with existing add-ons, and has a slew of new features. No levels yet, but those are still being worked on.

Docs

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnsjx9wogxb

Source Code

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyy5xoduarj

Win32: Version for Windows 2000 and up I think

http://www.mediafire.com/?j4jd0kxfjmf

Mac Version: For Mac OS X Tiger and up

http://www.mediafire.com/?juhq4jydlb0

Info on every new feature shortly, list any bugs you find.

Setup:

Setup for Windows:
Copy srb2.srb from you main SRB2 folder (Not 1.1) into the folder extracted from the zip
Rename it to game.data
Copy music.dta
Rename it to music.data

Setup for Mac:

There's two ways to do this:

1)
Make a new folder in the directory of whereever you have the game
Copy srb2.srb from you main SRB2 folder (Not 1.1) into the new folder
Rename it to game.data
Copy music.dta
Rename it to music.data

2)
Copy music.data and game.data into the apps resources, to do this:
Ctrl-click on the App
Choose "Show Package Contents" from the popup list
Go into Contents->Resources

The mod is AWESOME! The textures were absolutely beautiful. The only problems with it are that after the first level, the life count goes to 1 and you need one more gems to finish a special stage.

It's un-finished, and lives are getting taken out. This amount of levels is just scratching it. :P Also, I came up with an alternate way to set up MD2 models. Ok for people who know the trick on doing this, but not good for n00bs who don't know what the crud to do. :D

EDIT: Before you ask, I won't tell you the method until (or if) DashFox code's this. :P

The sheer nature of this is to be played on existing levels. Being able to run this in the main SRB2 directory would make everything better because you don't have to copy all the files over again.

I have found a bug. I clear the game and it says I get level slect, but when I go to extras it show "modify rings". So I select it and the game crashes.

I have been itching for a release of this mod ever since I heard of it, it looks incredible! If only I could get it work on my Vista PC. *cries* (Yes, I followed the instructions precisely, and the exe refuses to run. Does anybody have problems running this on Vista?)

Question: How in the world can you rename a file from "srb2.srb" to "game.data"? Every time I do it, it still says that it is a .srb file (Actually, it look more like game.srb.data, but w/e). And don't say, "Put quotation marks around the file" because that won't work. It won't allow quotation marks in the file when I try to rename it. (Even with the music.dta file.)

(It's an in depth version of chase's question, if you think of it as the same question)

Open up "My Computer". Go to "tools > Folder Options..." in the menu. Then, click on the "View" tab. Uncheck the option called: "Hide extensions for known file types". That should do it.

Dr.Pepper said:
I have been itching for a release of this mod ever since I heard of it, it looks incredible! If only I could get it work on my Vista PC. *cries* (Yes, I followed the instructions precisely, and the exe refuses to run. Does anybody have problems running this on Vista?)

I have a Vista and It works just fine, but I think it was one of the 3 zip files that kept it from working.

Princess Solelias said:
Why are you guys bringing GemPlanet up? I didn't said nothing about it or ranting on it.

I never heard of this wad/mod/exe or whatever it is when I got started helping him on the final version.

I just wanted to help him on his final version becuase I hated the old one, I don't know why but I did. He was a beginnger at the old version so I shouldn't really complain.

Ok so you started this a year ago, WOW! I started 10 months later and quite finished.

Since you want to bring GemPlanet up, lets Compete your wad/mod/exe or whatever it is vs our mod.

No one say nothing negative about this now becuase there is no telling whats in GemsofEarth and DashFox's mod after seeing the progress.

EOC.
You know your little crappy Wad mod is nothing compared to this...He was on his DARN hands and knees working on this, Do you wish why? its because yours is WAD his is EXE get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back