Church of Scientology faces "Anonymous".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice, look at your signature.

Anyway,I think scientology may have something to do with the prophesis of the anti*religious figure here*. Sigh, "Freedom of religion" Does not guarantee "Protection to worship your religion..."

It's just another religion, that for some reason, seems to be more obscure than others. I would post a link to the wikipedia article, but I feel that it doesn't say very much. And yeah, like DroxSorcerer said, they are doing a few good things, but in the completely wrong way.

luis90 said:
Ice, look at your signature.

Anyway,I think scientology may have something to do with the prophesis of the anti*religious figure here*. Sigh, "Freedom of religion" Does not guarantee "Protection to worship your religion..."

I knew someone would bust that out sooner or later... >_>

Anyway, I can't ask google the same way I can ask stuff here.(unless I had google brain)

Scientology is a (fairly recent) religion, which has been more or less constantly mocked since it's inception by various parties, a good example of such is South Park, who's mocking of the religion eventually lead to Isaac Hayes (Chef) quitting the show. You can probably find some more specific stuff on the religion here (I'd watch out though, something tells me it's probably quite prone to hijacking).

Scientology is essentially a pyramid scheme masquerading as a religion to attain tax-except status. They use a combination of copyright law and aggressive lawsuits to attempt to crush their critics in unending paperwork. Basically, they're a dangerous cult that honestly entirely deserves to be dismantled.

http://www.xenu.net has a large amount of information related to Scientology and how absolutely horrible they really are. I highly encourage you to read it if nothing but for the laugh at how ridiculous OTIII is. The sheer concept that anyone believes that crap is so incredibly sad, never mind the fact that they shelled out thousands of dollars to do it.

The name "Anonymous" is honestly more of a joke at this point making fun of that Fox News report. It's not really a hacker gang as much as a term for the members of the chan internet communities (4chan, 7chan, etc.), referencing the fact that said communities don't require you to type in a name to post (which automatically places the name "Anonymous" on the post.) Hackers are just the ones the news likes to talk about because they're obviously breaking the law with DDoS attacks.

As usual, Wikipedia has an article which explains it with a relatively unbiased view: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Chanology

DroxSorcerer said:
Trust me, you have no reason to be afraid of anonymous. They're doing more good than harm.

If they are doing more harm than good, Tell us 1 reason why they Steal MySpace Password & cause relationships to end?

Megamantn said:
DroxSorcerer said:
Trust me, you have no reason to be afraid of anonymous. They're doing more good than harm.

If they are doing more harm than good, Tell us 1 reason why they Steal MySpace Password & cause relationships to end?

You know, I've been wondering the same exact thing whenever Anonymous starts making any sense. Either as a publicity stunt or not, I do not think that the ones who hacked myspace passwords are part of the legion against Scientology. I believe that certain hackers are using the momentum of Anonymous as a springboard for publicity, or for laughs.
Though, it's my opinion. But opinions can be changed with desperately needed fact.

Megamantn said:
DroxSorcerer said:

Not all Anonymous do that. Infact, probably only a minority of them do that.

DroxSorcerer said:
Megamantn said:
DroxSorcerer said:

Sounds like You're with Anonymous...

Megamantn said:
DroxSorcerer said:
Megamantn said:
DroxSorcerer said:

Sounds like You're with Anonymous...
Eh, kinda. I raid with them on Habbo Hotel. But, anyone you know can be anonymous.

I'm an anon too, and I don't understand why you guys are all like ZOMG ANONYMOUS IS SO CRAZY HOLY SHIT HACKERZ.
Most of them just post in the chans, as mystic says, it fills your name wit anonymous if you don't put a name there. It's often a joke that anonymous is one, and many. I'm with them most of the time, although I don't raid past the legal line. Y'know, Habbo raiding and some forums spam. Nothing too destructive.

Whatever, I'm with Anon in this one. And let's hope that their mention in this forum won't guarantee us a raid. (Remember that miniraid some time ago? That was pathetic)

Honestly, I post on the chans occasionally as well, so _I_ would pretty much be grouped along with them. Anonymous is merely another example of memes in action, and the reaction they're getting pretty much proves the point that nobody that didn't grow up with the internet understands what's going on.

Dear people of the Sonic Robo Blast 2 Messageboard,
This is a message from anonymous, we belive your messageboards are a source of Fail and AIDS and therefore must be destroyed.

For the sake of your family, for the sake of your friends and for the sake of the Messageboard, we will destroy every piece of your community in it's present form.

Please think of this not as an attack on you please think of this as a friendly weeding out of the failures of this messageboard.

In the end you will thank us and we will be commended for our efforts.
You will see us as the savoirs of this place... By the end of this week our cleansing will come to completion and the dawn of a new form of MB will arise...

All hail the great and powerful Mudkipz.

We are anonymous, we do not forgive, we do not forget. Expect us.

Well, I am with anon and do think everything in that post is needed, but I'm too lazy to do anything... so yeah~

I don't like Anonymous. They are worse terrorists than the KKK, Nazis, Al-Qaeda & even worse than the Devil himself.

I'm planning to help destroy Anon.

Megamantn said:
I don't like Anonymous. They are worse terrorists than the KKK, Nazis, Al-Qaeda & even worse than the Devil himself.

I'm planning to help destroy Anon.

Did you read anything that Mystic, Arf, and I have said. Anonymous are people just like me and you who live normal lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back