• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, everyone here is excited about SA-Sonic's release, but I don't see anyone talking about, you know, christmas? I mean give your sky high expectations a break. Christmas is literally a day away. (Assuming you celebrate christmas.)

That's not true anymore. He'll just work no matter the load order, but only with 1.3 onwards. If Frostii actually releases Xmom 1.3 before SA-Sonic is released isn't up to me, though.

Xmom support was added specifically because Metalwario64 request it. Otherwise, no. SA-Sonic has a complicated complete rewrite of SRB2's physics that none of those mods cannot account for. The code would be INCREDIBLY bulky if I wrote different physics for every single one of them. Even for Xmom 1.3+, SA-Sonic completely ignores any changes it makes and just alters some of it's own values to sort of mimmick Xmom's trends.

He knows what he said.
674174035264929802.png

This is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to you.(Featuring SA1 jump style!)
srb20910.gif

This might be the most difficult place to get up to for SA-Sonic I know of. You'd need to bring these runshoes all the way there and then superbounce from that tiny ledge. I blew it, but maybe you guys will succeed! Also, check out the last ULDCs if you haven't already, they're criminally underplayed map packs.
srb20893.gif

For some reason this GIF got people really excited in the SRB2 OS. Yes, people, you CAN grab ALL ledges.
srb20895.gif

Reminder that an SA-Sonic player/bot can encourage you!
srb20897.gif

Anti-slip feature abuse
srb20905.gif
Glad to know I'm wrong in that case! That's great news, since load order can be tricky at times. I don't mind that he doesn't support other momentum mods either! He really doesn't need to, especially with the speeds he can reach already!

And man, the more I see of SA-Sonic, the more I catch onto little details that I just fall in love with, like the flicker of the jumpball and how utterly smooth that spintrail is! I really like that little thumbs up icon for encouragement, too! I don't remember what button does encouragement, though. It'll be easy enough to figure out! I also am amazed he can grab even those tiny ledges from Mystic Realm! That's really impressive, the ledge grabbing will be a huge help for some stages!

And seriously, the ULDCs are great!! The summer ULDC in particular has some great levels- Starlit Skyway Zone in particular would be amazingly fun as SA-Sonic, and Snow Bridge Zone suits the season! Gate Garden is also shown off here in Golden's gif, if you guys wanna check the level out!

I think he meant a full comparison

Could go either way really

(Going off topic a bit,I never liked Neo Sonic too much, I dunno why. Maybe him being more heavy is the issue I'm having)

Honestly if anything Adventure Sonic would totally win a race against Neo

(Going off topic a bit,I never liked Neo Sonic too much, I dunno why. Maybe him being more heavy is the issue I'm having)

If it was just a race without any major parkour, then Neo Sonic will win.
Its when there's parkour that SA-Sonic and other characters like Mario begin to shine in terms of racing.

If it was just a race without any major parkour, then Neo Sonic will win.
Its when there's parkour that SA-Sonic and other characters like Mario begin to shine in terms of racing.

Yeah Neo really faulters in more platforming heavy areas what with him being more slippery and junk

Meanwhile Adventure Sonic can get creative and find shortcuts with his skillz,and while Mario is by far the slowest his huge moveset can really open a lot of paths if you use it well

Plus his speed is actually a boon since he can be more precise while platforming

Yeah Neo really faulters in more platforming heavy areas what with him being more slippery and junk

Meanwhile Adventure Sonic can get creative and find shortcuts with his skillz,and while Mario is by far the slowest his huge moveset can really open a lot of paths if you use it well

Plus his speed is actually a boon since he can be more precise while platforming
Yeah, I'm actually really excited to see what I can do with SA-Sonic's arsenal cause Mario can go just about any route he wants to.

I mean naturally he would win his kit is insane

Sa-Sonic would probably win, because of his speed and moves like the bounce and Lighspeeddash or -attack.
I think Mario would win because of his recently buffed wall jump not to mention in platforming sections all mario needs to do is triple jump and wait at the right moment to dive to get across while you have to slow down a bit as sa-sonic to make sure you don't screw up because he won't stop at the edge if you keep holding forward.

It probably depends on the level itself since SA-Sonic excels on the ground, rather than in mid-air.
"Emphasis on parkour" doesn't necessarily mean kaizo platforming.
Regardless, wall jump is hardly an argument since race levels aren't usually built around it.

Last edited:
Can you please show us Super-SA Sonic absolutely OBLITERATE the final vanilla Srb2 boss?

Pretty, pretty p l e a s e .
What's with you guys wanting to cheat Super Sonic into bosses? Oh well. By the power of haxx, EGGMAN! YOU'RE FINISHED!!
srb20915.gif

The truth is that I really admire how skilled you are with SA-Sonic, it shows that when you know how to use the character you can do wonders.
I do like making GIFs fun to watch when I can!

I think SA-Sonic ran faster when staying grounded, right? Can he outrun the train in Logarithmic Train Zone like Metal Sonic can?
srb20921.gif

Despite SA-Sonic being the faster on the ground than any of the vanilla cast, the answer is for some reason no.

Honestly, I'm practically praying that Frostii releases just this simple patch before release, since my showcase videos revolve around XMom, and I wouldn't want to showcase SA-Sonic all bugged up. Hahahaha
Hope so too! There's already 3 mods I know of people are looking to update mainly for SA-Sonic. The future's looking bright!

as of now, are you thinking about something like Adventure Tails, or the like? (also, 2 side-questions, 1. Are you ever considering make a more controller/simple-friendly version of SMS? 2. What's your opinion on the Adventure games?)
0: Thinking about it? Sure. Actually planning on doing anything, for now, no. We're very focused on what's right in front of us.
1: I'm torn on what I wanna do with SMS. It'd become a whole remake if I actually implemented every idea that came to mind by now.
2: They're both games that left me fulfilled and excited for what would come next. In terms of potential, I think the Adventure series have the most to tap in out of any Sonic games, so naturally I still want to see more.

Did that one gif just have the phrase "Hey you! It's time to speed up!" for his power sneakers? Does that mean he gets the Adventure music for it and invincibility?!
Yes.
844719461696143362.png

I don't see anyone talking about, you know, christmas?
Welcome to the SA-Sonic thread. Not the Christmas thread! But hey, merry Christmas anyway!

Cuz i'm running low on stages

seriously the only stage addon i have is the sonic 06 one
I linked 3 ULDC levelpacks in my last post. But if they're too unofficial for you, try the OLDC packs instead.
https://mb.srb2.org/forums/official-level-design-contest.32/

Or try SA genysis, Station Square and Windy Valley are pretty cool to run through!
srb20913.gif

I really like that little thumbs up icon for encouragement, too! I don't remember what button does encouragement, though. It'll be easy enough to figure out!
It's spin. Don't worry about remembering that, you get a prompt when encouraging is applicable!

I also think Adventure Sonic's got an edge on Neo Sonic. Neo's arguably worse than the vanilla cast. But even if SA-Sonic's faster than Neo, that doesn't translate to the air. He has to sacrifice and build speed every time. On high-level play, that's huge, and leaves room for other characters to catch up.
srb20932.gif

srb20931.gif

SA-Sonic gets going fast, but Neo has more powerful opportunities to keep his speed going. But ultimately, I think SA-Sonic's versatility tips the scales.

Mario's a different story. Dude's more versatile than even SA-Sonic, leading to stuff like this.
srb20943.gif

When powerups like the cape get involved, Mario's definitely got the edge in most cases.
srb20933.gif

But hey, all the powerlevel and feat scaling should be measured by you guys when he comes out!
Merry Christmas, y'all!
SA2_logo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back