The Ghoul's Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazz has a good point though there is no problem with n00bs needing new pants from playing this cource. But there is a brave few (like me) who will act scared but then in five seconds kill others insted of ghouls, because they laughed at them (guilty) Now that I'm no longer scared of it, I can rid the area of n00bs.
Just to say it and because it is true nice wad!
Why not soc the other enemeys that are in ghouls forest 3 and make that as well

Let's see...
Choke: An Sjas that doesn't teleport and flinches in pain frames.
Sjas: Already done.
Jitter Skull: A Choke that doesn't flinch.
Creeper: It won't be exactly the same(He can't run away), but give him MF_Pushable, then Have linedef executors around him raise a 3D Area into him, which triggers another linedef executor for pushable objects, and that would change Creeper's state to whichever state you're using for him to pop up and scare you.
Yurei: I have no idea how she behaves, so meh.

The creeper doesn't actually have a state where he pops up and scares you in gzdoom. He prints a message to the HUD with a font which consists of his image hi-res and raises it in front of the player.

Yurei is done via scripting so I really doubt you'll manage to get her working in this.

Anyway, i've added info and links on my website.

Why exactly does the creeper do what he does instead of use a seperate state?

Anyways, when 1.1 comes out, if thye do decide to add a DIE console command, Yurei would be possible, by having her/him/homosexual trigger a Linedef Executor that runs a script that makes you die.

Kaysakado said:
Let's see...
Hm, let's see, yeah.

Choke? Huh... Not hard to SOC it.

The original Creeper gives you an "item" that triggers the effect, if I'm not wrong. I can SOC it, but meh, SRB2 can't print text nor stuff that way, so it loses the fun without the giant "WAAH" screen.

I thought that Yurei would be impossible, but I SOCed it perfectly. It's basically an (Invisible) object rotating arround the player. It shoots toward you a projectile, invisible too. It doesn't "explode" when touching something. Instead, it "explodes" some seconds after being launched, and creates the heartbeat sound and another object that simulates Yurei walking. The rotating object starts shooting the projectile faster, and faster, until a point, where it waits some tics, and then bam! You get a kind of a telefrag. If you hit any of the "Walking" objects, they will destroy the rotating object, plus it triggers the death secuence. Anyway, the death sequence's flame stuff is almost impossible.

Jitterskull... I thought it would be easy, but his attack isn't possible in SOC. Phew, did I forget something?

Btw, thanks, Cutmanmike. :>

Why, what's Jitterskull's attack?

Anyways, for the Creeper, you could make some really big graphic and have that be the state he becomes.

Also, for Yurei, I don't really understand. I get the part with the heartbeat and walking, (are ghouls supposed to walk?) but what do you mean by telefrag? And how can you hit the walking objects if they're invisible? And does the death sequence flame stuff really matter?

The jitterskull just charges at you when he's close enough. If you manged to get Yurei to work in this thing then i'd be suprised if you can't do jitterskull.

Cutmanmike said:
The jitterskull just charges at you when he's close enough. If you manged to get Yurei to work in this thing then i'd be suprised if you can't do jitterskull.

Jitterskull's charge attack can't be done in SOC. The problem is the "Is too close enough to attack?". The actual SRB2 version just can't do that in any way, and I doubt that the next one will be able, neither.

Well, if you're hoping for multiple people to play, you could just target the nearest player, which should be close enough. Alternativly, fake it with the turret fire function. Just turret fire a fake ghoul for one tic while being invisible for a couple states. However, if the person isn't close enough, the ghoul'd will disapear for no reason. >>

Couldn't you make it that if Jitterskull had a sensor area that spread out to a sertain number of pixals, and if someone's damage sector went into Jitterskull's radius, he would charge at it?

on Edge said:
Well, if you're hoping for multiple people to play, you could just target the nearest player, which should be close enough. Alternativly, fake it with the turret fire function. Just turret fire a fake ghoul for one tic while being invisible for a couple states. However, if the person isn't close enough, the ghoul'd will disapear for no reason. >>
Ironically, that was the EXACT way I tried to make it.

tailsmastermind said:
Couldn't you make it that if Jitterskull had a sensor area that spread out to a sertain number of pixals, and if someone's damage sector went into Jitterskull's radius, he would charge at it?
Then he would kill you instantly.

I really like this level.
First it scared the hell out off me :P
But then later i had to laugh at all those noobs who screamed other maps and that sort of stuff XD

If only we had A_RemoteAction in Vanilla SRB2, Jitterskull would be possible. Well, can you at least release what you have so far?

hey

some weirdo made a wad, called gh2.wad, i loaded it, and it was the ghouls forest, i was like, what the hell, stupid ghouls keep killing me, jeez, try finding him and giving him a earful for stealing your wad i loaded station square wad, and they were runnin around, i had no rings, and, POW, im dead, can you fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back