• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash-drawn wads a.k.a. NG wads (cancelled)

Do you want a next gen sonic wad?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wtf r u talking about?

• no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Draykon said:
One word: Photofiltre

It's what I use: tolerance variable, a bunch a nice effects. Good enough for me.

I either use PSP 9 (paint shop pro 9) or Neopaint

Hopalongtom said:
I've played the DEMO of Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic next-gen) and they havn't really improved from the Sonic Adventure Gameplay AT ALL!!

YYEEEESSSS!!!!

Finally a new SA! The greatest Sonic game ever played, now even better!

Anyway, the level in the screen really isn't that long. I believe we're gonna make huge robots that chase you at a near-Sonic speed. The levels are gonna look like this: First you enter the level. You're gonna fight against numerous enemies, you'll jump from place to place, and use lots of springs. Some rails and trail of rings will be made for shortcuts. The springs are the main ways. At the end of the level you'll run between 2 robots on a straight path. Your thok will nearly not speed you up. The robots are slightly faster then you are, and they are undestroyable. Hit the boost pads, rails, and trail of rings to stay in front of em. Finally you'll hit the egg-sign and hit something that shoots you out of reach from the robots.

Sounds good? Well, lets say its possible to make this, but there's gonna be some good SOCcing and level making skills needed. Rails' ARE possible, and SRB2 riders proved that. We just need a better texture, and the rail should be more thin.

Well, as much as I hate to assist premature Sonic next-gen stuff, I do know how you could get Rails working much better than in SRB2Riders, at the sacrifice of compatibility with Characters not built for rails of course.

Super mystic sonic said:
Hopalongtom said:
I've played the DEMO of Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic next-gen) and they havn't really improved from the Sonic Adventure Gameplay AT ALL!!

YYEEEESSSS!!!!

Finally a new SA! The greatest Sonic game ever played, now even better!

Anyway, the level in the screen really isn't that long. I believe we're gonna make huge robots that chase you at a near-Sonic speed. The levels are gonna look like this: First you enter the level. You're gonna fight against numerous enemies, you'll jump from place to place, and use lots of springs. Some rails and trail of rings will be made for shortcuts. The springs are the main ways. At the end of the level you'll run between 2 robots on a straight path. Your thok will nearly not speed you up. The robots are slightly faster then you are, and they are undestroyable. Hit the boost pads, rails, and trail of rings to stay in front of em. Finally you'll hit the egg-sign and hit something that shoots you out of reach from the robots.

Sounds good? Well, lets say its possible to make this, but there's gonna be some good SOCcing and level making skills needed. Rails' ARE possible, and SRB2 riders proved that. We just need a better texture, and the rail should be more thin.

If this is possible, let me know so I can make grinding sprites.
I'm working on the back-side running sprites now, it should be completed either monday or tuesday.

Also, about the chasy robots thing, I have an awesome idea for the second level to accomplish that but, I want to get Kingdom Valley completed before we just go on to another level.

Dash the Hedgehog said:
Approximately how much percent complete is this WAD/Mod?

Like I said countless times, don't expect much. I haven't completed all the sonic sprites, Flame the Hedgehog is still working on the Kingdom Valley level, other members are still doing enemy sprites, there is still crappy white dots around the sonic sprites, and we still haven't fixed the frikken title screen. There is alot to be done. Most of us are busy in our own lives or have other projects to do. The only real thing we have completed was the new spring created by Light Dasher. We are still in the very-early beta stages. It wouldn't be a smart idea to release what we have now, hopefully we can release a decent beta to the public around the holiday season. Our project is very incomplete.

Ashura The Hedgehog said:
I wonder why they named it Sonic The Hedgehog instead of Sonic Adventure 3??

I wonder why as well, the name would fit alot better since there is 3 hedgehogs that are the main characters.

If there was a sonic adventure 3, It would be sonic heroes.I also don't understand how sonic adventure 2:battle has anything to do with adventure.Besides the chao garden,it's all action stages.

it was called SA2 because the levels were huge, the story was perplexing, and the series was being continued. At least, that is my opinion, but this digression should cease. The mod sounds good if you can accomplish all that is planned.

Yes. But they just couldn't think of anymore names and decided to name it the name of the first game released, but capitalizing the name Sonic, making it SONIC the Hedgehog. (Also known as Sonic 2006, Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, and Sonic Next-Gen.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

RgxSuperSonic said:
I'm working on the back-side running sprites now, it should be completed either monday or tuesday.

It is possible to make rails. All you need to do is make a floating rail-like path that has the speed boost option. This will make you roll over the rails. Can't make differen't sprites for it, sorry.

Also, about the chasy robots thing, I have an awesome idea for the second level to accomplish that but, I want to get Kingdom Valley completed before we just go on to another level.

Well, lets say we don't want seperate levels for that robots chase stuff(unless you really want to). The chase should be at every end of the regular part of the level. Once you hit the boosts, the robots will chase you. They are slightly faster, and you're gonna need strafe to speed up. Boosts, lightdash, and rails make you go faster to stay in the lead.

Well, the jumping could be the nojumpspin and the falling down could be the rolling and the rolling could be the grinding sprites

Super mystic sonic said:
RgxSuperSonic said:

It is possible to make rails. All you need to do is make a floating rail-like path that has the speed boost option. This will make you roll over the rails. Can make differen't sprites for it, sorry.

Fixed, am I being ignored here? Using a state-changing linedef executer with a higher tag-value than the speed-pad, you can make rails use their own states, which can have their own sprites.

RgxSuperSonic said:

I wonder why as well, the name would fit alot better since there is 3 hedgehogs that are the main characters.

The confirmed playable charactors in SONIC Next Gen are:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Shadow the Ultimate Lifeform

Silver

Tails

& Blaze (not sure wether they mean Blaze the Cat or someone else)!

Hopalongtom said:
RgxSuperSonic said:

The confirmed playable charactors in SONIC Next Gen are:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Shadow the Ultimate Lifeform

Silver

Tails

& Blaze (not sure wether they mean Blaze the Cat or someone else)!

Knuckles and Omega, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back