YOUR Artwork can be shown HERE!! (NO Sprite Rips, please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my avatar is a part of a drawing i made, might get a photobucket account to upload it (the original was 1240 x 1653 in pixels, thus took me a whole hour to make it the right size to replace my ol' sonic recolor)

EDIT: the main outline was made in paint.net, the color and effects made in photoshop

speedhog said:
my avatar is a part of a drawing i made, might get a photobucket account to upload it (the original was 1240 x 1653 in pixels, thus took me a whole hour to make it the right size to replace my ol' sonic recolor)

EDIT: the main outline was made in paint.net, the color and effects made in photoshop
Just use Image shack Rather than make a photobucket account

moonlander said:
This is concept art for the main character of a game I'm working on.
It's a quickie, and I'm not very good at drawing female characters.

That's an Amazing Drawing For a Quicky

soniclowrescolorua3.png

Still trying to get better here, a shoddy attempt at Sonic, this would be. Mind you, it's not that same style that's used absolutely everywhere, but rather an attempt at drawing him without changing his anatomy, but also without using that same style everyone seems to use when drawing Sonic characters.

If at all possible, some constructive criticism would be nice.

speedhog said:
Sonicboy The Hedgehog said:
moonlander said:

i agree about that
Thirded! It's much better than you say it is.

Draykon said:

Still trying to get better here, a shoddy attempt at Sonic, this would be. Mind you, it's not that same style that's used absolutely everywhere, but rather an attempt at drawing him without changing his anatomy, but also without using that same style everyone seems to use when drawing Sonic characters.

If at all possible, some constructive criticism would be nice.
I know all about your ideas on drawing Sonic in a different style (though I don't necessarily agree with them), but this isn't the way to do it. In particular, his head isn't shaped well and he looks evil too. And his eyes should be a little bigger.

Also, his hands, legs and feet (especially the feet) all look bad, and it's coloured, shaded and inked very messily too. In fact, this entire drawing looks terrible.

Again, I understand your views on Sonic's style, but I don't think your drawing skills are at the stage yet to draw a character like him in a new style. You're aiming a little too high.

I'll Begin said:
speedhog said:
Sonicboy The Hedgehog said:
moonlander said:

i agree about that
Thirded! It's much better than you say it is.

People are saying its better because none of them are all to great at Drawing concept art themselves, granted I'm not good either, but I used to be good at drawing Dragon Ball Z characters.

I'll Begin said:
Again, I understand your views on Sonic's style, but I don't think your drawing skills are at the stage yet to draw a character like him in a new style. You're aiming a little too high.
Obviously you don't, as the whole idea is that I learn to draw Sonic WITHOUT the style everyone uses. That is to say, take what I know about the character, and draw him as I see fit.

(As for the rest of the post, constructive criticism acknowledged, I will take it into account in future works.)

Edit: Actually, I think I may have misunderstood your post. So uh, disregard the first half of this one. I get what you're saying, I'll keep working on my human characters first then. (And for the record, save passive aggression, I gave up on that whole "All Sonic fanart is in the same style" subject when I realized the entirety of the Sonic fandom is against me on it.)

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I'll Begin said:
[quote pyramid]
People are saying its better because none of them are all to great at Drawing concept art themselves, granted I'm not good either, but I used to be good at drawing Dragon Ball Z characters.
Well I don't necessarily think it's an amazing work of art that should be printed and hung in an art gallery, but it's still a great drawing and Moonlander isn't giving himself enough credit.

Draykon said:
I'll Begin said:
Obviously you don't, as the whole idea is that I learn to draw Sonic WITHOUT the style everyone uses. That is to say, take what I know about the character, and draw him as I see fit.
Yes. I know that, but I don't think you're ready to do that yet. This image seems forced.

EDIT: I just saw your edit. Coolio, then.

12266748794876f0b6c687e.png

My avatar is a cross between Knuckles and Kirby. I also had versions with Tails and Sonic as my avatar a while ago, but I seem to have misplaced them at the moment.

I also dabble a bit in Pokemon splicing. There's more than a few, so I'll just link to to the webpage that they're all stored at.

link

Simsmagic said:
12266748794876f0b6c687e.png

My avatar is a cross between Knuckles and Kirby. I also had versions with Tails and Sonic as my avatar a while ago, but I seem to have misplaced them at the moment.

I also dabble a bit in Pokemon splicing. There's more than a few, so I'll just link to to the webpage that they're all stored at.

link
Don't Worry, I save the others

Sonic Kirby
95548594818fef044313.png

Tails Kirby
6317638384863e6774f88f.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back