Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this in Sunshine Atoll Zone Act 2
srb20000

Had another try at Spacewalk Zone & rage quitted on Act Two's fan puzzle. If you know which part I mean.

Had another try at Spacewalk Zone & rage quitted on Act Two's fan puzzle. If you know which part I mean.

Which character you using?

I haven't tried actually beating the whole thing in my actual file, but me and my sis were blasting through the stage in multi-player using float characters like Mecha Sonic and Tails Doll. XD Of course, you wouldn't be able to actually do that in your save file, but just saying anyways.

Yes. The fan part... I hate my F drive from being wiped by a virus right after beating that and the whole TP campigain with emeralds. IIRC, you need to get near vans to raise you but NOT to get sucked up into their tubes. You need to somehow stablize (I didn't spell that correctly, didn't I? I mean to be more stable) on the middle of the screen by repeating this proccess. Finished it with Sonic after about... 6 lives total? (With closing game once 'cause I had to go). Mastering it can be quite annoying.

I actually think that Spacewalk Zone Act 2 is longer and harder than Alien Armageddon Zone Act 2. In my personal Time Attack results, my record for SWZ2 is about two minutes longer than for AAZ2.

& what's with that Instant Kill blue floor puzzle? =-/
That's a very awful gimmick from a very awful stage of his, I think his first one. To quote Fawfulfan himself:

Fawfulfan's Wiki page[B said:
][/B]Egg Hall Zone: My first actual level, as well as my first release. It was crudely based on Techno Hill Zone Act 2. I don't hesitate to admit that it was an absolute mess with no redeeming value whatsoever. It was utterly cramped, no interesting gimmicks, cheap deaths, really short, messy textures, Hall of Mirrors galore, and a really shoddy Thok Barrier.

Well yeah, talk about hypocrisy ^_~

LOL, I totally didn't realize it, but now you say that it's obvious to me that I did reuse that gimmick from Egg Hall Zone.

However, my intent here was to make it considerably more forgiving than it was in EHZ. Back in that level, there was no visual cue or warning that the blue grid was particularly dangerous, the crampedness of the level made it tough to avoid, and there were places where the pits were so deep you couldn't even see whether a grid was blue or red. In SWZ, I clearly label it the first time you encounter a blue grid/red grid path choice, you can always see the grids, and there is sufficient space to move around. It's certainly not a gimmick I would brag about, but I think it was at least done better here than there.

That said, I have still made a few changes to it for v9.0, IIRC. I've lost track of everything I've changed, so I don't remember for sure, though. I have definitely modified both acts of SWZ to some extent.

Last edited:
Which character you using?

Knuckles.

In SWZ, I clearly label it the first time you encounter a blue grid/red grid path choice, you can always see the grids, and there is sufficient space to move around. It's certainly not a gimmick I would brag about, but I think it was at least done better here than there.

True. Although using it on the upside down Platforming Puzzle seemed to be a rather stupid idea. Oh well. It's your level.

EDIT: & one small question, did you design the background for ECZ?

Last edited:
IIRC, you need to get near vans to raise you but NOT to get sucked up into their tubes. You need to somehow stablize (I didn't spell that correctly, didn't I? I mean to be more stable) on the middle of the screen by repeating this proccess. Finished it with Sonic after about... 6 lives total? (With closing game once 'cause I had to go). Mastering it can be quite annoying.

Well, I incredibly got SZ2 Sonic's Emblem in the second attempt. But I just got out of that room (you know, the suckin' tubes one) in the seventh attempt. I was using a hack wad, SMV2.wad, the Super Monitor one. Makes all characters super, though it was still difficult. And I ended AAZ2 with Sonic with only 1 life and NO rings. I really dunno how I got to that point. I realized that complaining and complaining wouldn't solve anything, so I went with all might XD

@Metal Rawr: did you get all emblems? May I see your stats' screen?

Pfft, no Kim. I'm trying to though. I only had about 16 emblems before my F drive was deleted anyway.
I'm at SNZ1, I can't find the "purple crystaline" thing. That's how I reached the purple room with the deathpit glitch I mentioned before, I was searching for the emblem. Psst, Fawfulfan, was I close? =X

srb20010.png

Look at the broken wooden support, I think the ceiling texture needs to be changed, unless you meant for it to be like that.
This is in FSZ1.

You know, SNZ1 has a couple of visual glitches, such as rings disapearing and reappearing (visually, of course) when you start walking in certain directions, and on the cloud platforming part at the very beginning of the stage, while jumping towards some clouds the player suddenly becomes invisible, or only parts of it that are currently sepuse to block the cloud from a player's view.
I'm guessing this is all SRB2's fault, though =|
Edit: I just rememebered something that's kind of bugging me. When you go out of caves in SNZ, the snow that's there doesn't like, how do I explain in english... It only starts on the moment your out of the cave. No bits of it are going to the beginning/exit of a cave, making it look wierd. Maybe you could add bits of this "snow" on the ground at the entrance/exits of caves to avoid this?
Also, dunno if this is intentional, but not all of the snow slows you down.

Last edited:
That said, I have still made a few changes to it for v9.0, IIRC. I've lost track of everything I've changed, so I don't remember for sure, though. I have definitely modified both acts of SWZ to some extent.

When you say modified. Do you mean you made it bearable? Sorry I just really hate that zone.

Sponge, can you explain why do you hate that zone? Do you hate it as in "its too freakin' hard" or hate its theme, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back