Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a cheap level too, to be honest. It's just that fixing/replacing it is a very daunting process. It's advancing, but quite slowly.

I think it's a cheap level too, to be honest. It's just that fixing/replacing it is a very daunting process. It's advancing, but quite slowly.

I don't know how to put this, but I see this as cheap because it's just a bunch of snow caps above a death pit. I know it stays true to its name as such but I wanted to see some snow valleys with patches of ice and such. Yeah I like the sound of that. While it's nice for all the platforming the whole level seems like continuous platforming, not breaks to run straight ahead, I'd just like to see a fairly level valley of snow shoved somewhere as a break from all the jumping and tall towers which kill you if you fall off.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
While it's nice for all the platforming the whole level seems like continuous platforming, not breaks to run straight ahead
Running is boring, platforming isn't. That said, there are still enough stretches where you can run for a while. And yes, he was talking about Spacewalk.

About Spacewalk: Real cheap. It is cheap because it is in the space. The space has no oxygen, so... uh... you know... no breath... and stuff. I suggest customized breath stops, not just blue translucent cubes.

About Snowcap Nimbus: Glitchy because this stage has more FOFs and POs than any other one. It is not surprising.

About Spacewalk: Real cheap. It is cheap because it is in the space. The space has no oxygen, so... uh... you know... no breath... and stuff. I suggest customized breath stops, not just blue translucent cubes.

I know right, I thought SWZ would be like Egg Rock in a way, walking around parts of the broken up ship with falling floors and stuff while also having to explore the outside with the limitations of space.

Maybe you can breathe in SWZ because the huge air tanks the ship had before exploding are now spreading air everywhere because of the spaceship's selfdesctruct...? Yah I know that doesn't make sense, but it IS a part of a Sonic game/mod/FANGAME MOD. I don't expect that much sense. For me, its actually a quite fun level, platforming, need to be dangerous to choose the right path without the blue ground/floor, changing gravity... Although some parts where the "oxygen tanks" did not reach could have the space countdown thing, It'll add a bit more to the stage. The only thing annoying about this zone is getting used to normal gravity while reaching AAZ... It causes me alot of deaths XD

You do realize you don't die in space due to lack of air, but being crushed by space pressure, right (IIRC, it could be something else, as space has quite a few means of killing you)? Otherwise, how do you explain having more air time underwater than in space areas? Still doesn't explain the many, many, MANY occasions of Sonic breathing in space, with the most egregious example being Sonic Colors, as ALL of the issues of having a theme park in space itself simply can't be explained, and nobody cares anyway.

Last edited:
Never mind how being anywhere near lava would kill you due to convection. Video games don't generally deal with real world physics. What's important is that you set some rules and you abide by them from then on.

Another thing about SNZ, actually, about the music for act 2; I have another trouble imagining something in the song the zone clearly has, I think I'll be agreed this time (or I hope so). It sounds more like a "day" version for BMZ, but it doesn't have anything that's "reminding" the fact the snowcap is full of oil, machinery and other stuff.

Another thing about SNZ, actually, about the music for act 2; I have another trouble imagining something in the song the zone clearly has, I think I'll be agreed this time (or I hope so). It sounds more like a "day" version for BMZ, but it doesn't have anything that's "reminding" the fact the snowcap is full of oil, machinery and other stuff.

That's a good point... I forgot that myself when I was making the music. Hmm, I wonder how I could incorporate something like that in... That could be hard.

WOW LOOK GUYS LIFTOFF GANTRY IS ALMOST COMPLETE

Hey, Charybdizs, how will you mix a rocket base landscape with a peaceful mountain one, I mean, Liftoff Gantry? That might be difficult

WOW LOOK GUYS LIFTOFF GANTRY IS ALMOST COMPLETE

*gulp* I told Fawfulfan I'd have that done last night when I got home from my church, but when I got back, I forgot all about it what with food and my OLDC map. Hmm... And the lesson there was about not making promises you won't keep. I guess I learned something.

Hey, Charybdizs, how will you mix a rocket base landscape with a peaceful mountain one, I mean, Liftoff Gantry? That might be difficult
Meh, it's all just kind of a spy-ish theme, you know, sneaking into the launch base, the first act is gonna have more of a brassy suspenseful theme, and then the second act, when you're inside the base, it's more intense. I'm working on the second one right now, but I've got a good concept of the first one in my mind.

*gulp* I told Fawfulfan I'd have that done last night when I got home from my church, but when I got back, I forgot all about it what with food and my OLDC map. Hmm... And the lesson there was about not making promises you won't keep. I guess I learned something.
No worries, just finish it up and release it as soon as you can.

Drowned Downtown Zone? Hmm... Haha, I can't figure out how you did that. Anyways, I'm off to play me some OLDC online! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back