Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a better idea? :3
Well, actually, that's barely ice cave/sky mountain-ish...

No. Just no. :p

Mmmh, I do have to say I like that one. Yours choice of instruments still feels a bit un-SRB2-y though, if you know what I mean. I don't really know how to fix that, except for toying around a bit with instruments, but maybe somebody else can help you there. For this song, I think the piano should be replaced by some more electronic-sounding. (Also, where is the bassline? City themes ALWAYS have a funky bassline :P)

Yeah, I was thinking about that... I think probably the only thing I could really do to make it sound more SRB2-ish which is basically Midi-ish, is to simply, incorporate Midi into it. But, I highly doubt anyone actually wants me to do that. As for the piano, I have to say, and my opinion is set in stone as FawfulFan says he likes it, that the piano I have in there has that inner city ring to it, with the fact that it's a bit ominous and slightly dissonant. As for a bass line, I'll have to think about it, it didn't occur to me to do anything more with the bass than I already did. In case you were wondering, the first sound in the song, the really low one, that is actually an FM Bass sound, actually the type used in the genesis Sonics, with quite a bit of effects added to it. I liked how the bass turned out though.

I agree about the bassline, but don't change the piano...I like that.

And regarding Snowcap Nimbus, here's what I think the ideal would be. You know the music for Ice Cap Zone? The one that was also remixed for the SRB1 Remake? I was hoping Snowcap Nimbus might sound a little like that, except slightly more ethereal and insubstantial.

Where on earth is the SRB1 remake? On the wiki it says that there is all these different modes like Emerald Hunt, and SRB1 mode, and Mario mode, but I never found them. I'm not sure exactly what the remix you're talking about is, never having played SRB1. I do know Ice Caps music though. One of my favorites actually.

I've just given another look at the list of songs needed. It seems that if charybdizs' going to make the whole soundtrack, he's going to have to need 2 remixes of each zone.
1= The act 1 song
2= The act 2 song
3= The song of the match level based on the zone.
That's alot of work. That probably means theres still alot of time before version 9 comes out.

Meh, it's completely unnecessary to make another song for the match levels.

Charybdizs, can you tell us which music theme will be apllied to each zone's boss?

Like said before, Liftoff Gantry - Brass...

Okay, just to clarify for everyone, there is not going to be separate Match remixes. I don't hate the idea, but I don't have much of an opinion either way, and seeing as Charybdizs would prefer not to make those extra remixes, that's how it's going to be.

Also, you probably know this, but just so I know we're clear, the SNZ music shouldn't be a total remix of Ice Cap; it should just have a similar feeling and energy, but also tinkered with so it's a little more "sky-ish".

Also, you probably know this, but just so I know we're clear, the SNZ music shouldn't be a total remix of Ice Cap; it should just have a similar feeling and energy, but also tinkered with so it's a little more "sky-ish".

Defintiely. I'm not one to rip Sega off on their songs. :p

Sunshine Atoll - Tropical

Eruption Conduit - Techno

Drowned Downtown - Urban

Snowcap Nimbus - Ethereal

Gritty Columns - Egyptian

Fume Shaft - Industrial Ambience?

Liftoff Gantry - Rock?

Spacewalk - Don't know

Alien Armageddon - Don't know

Like I said, I haven't gotten past Fume Shaft Zone yet, so I'm not sure what would fit the next levels best, I'll determine that in time to come.

Last edited:
Wow, the ones you've made so far are pretty good, Charybdzis. I can't wait to try the mod once the music is added!

And Fawfulfan, since I haven't commented on this mod since like version 2.0 or something, I thought I'd let you know that this is really getting good in some of the more recent versions. (Although I still haven't beaten spacewalk zone...) Anyway, keep it up, this is obviously becoming one of the biggest and most important projects outside of the official game. Well done!

By the way, I know you're busy with college and all, (so am I actually) but if you have a little time, would you mind taking a look at the latter four levels on the level pack (The Chase is on)that I released a few months ago? I admit I was kind of craving your input so I could improve them, but you only reviewed the first two stages, and no one else gave me any really helpful constructive criticism.

I don't want to bug you with my stuff though, so don't worry about it if you can't spare the time.

Wow, I've heard so much about Spacewalk Zone, I can't wait to get to it. And no, I'm not gonna skip it with the Emerald Platform, even though I do have all the emeralds.

Aww did I make you cry? :(
Oh, no. Everyone almost makes me cry because I'm apperantly the only Sonic Unleashed fan in existen... *shot, bricked, kicked in private area, shot again*
As for Alien Armageddon, I'd go with a sinister castle theme with act 2, act one IMO should be more like a "preparing for the final battle", like the one it has now.
Also, it seems I'm not that much of the SRB2 noob I tought I am. I actually beated Tortured Planet!... (and then a virus attacked me, deleting my TP save file... Oh yeah and another 50 Giga worth of stuff >.<)
Edit: Oh yeah, did I mention I like Sonic Unleashed for Wii? *atomic bombed*

By the way, I know you're busy with college and all, (so am I actually) but if you have a little time, would you mind taking a look at the latter four levels on the level pack (The Chase is on)that I released a few months ago? I admit I was kind of craving your input so I could improve them, but you only reviewed the first two stages, and no one else gave me any really helpful constructive criticism.

I don't want to bug you with my stuff though, so don't worry about it if you can't spare the time.
You know what? You'd make The Chase Is On a lot better just by following the same general principles to improving every one of your levels. Add texture variation, add sector scenery, widen cramped passages, shrink huge open areas with no content, reduce the presence of enemies, and increase the number of sector-based gimmicks. Every one of your levels could be improved by taking those steps. Go back, do that, and then contact me again, and then maybe I can give you some more specific advice.

I've been working on that kind of stuff... slowly.
I'm planning to release an overhauled version eventually, I'll let you know when that's available.

Might not be anytime soon though...

Wow, I've heard so much about Spacewalk Zone, I can't wait to get to it. And no, I'm not gonna skip it with the Emerald Platform, even though I do have all the emeralds.
It's better you don't. I had the emeralds with Tails, but I kept going on Spacewalk. You'll get impressed with all the work Fawfulfan did on the stages. I am still fascinated. I like to go in Spacewalk only to see the beautiness. And why can't you pass of Fume Shaft? [Enable Annoying Kim] Which character are you playing with? Can I help you in something? Fume Shaft is too easy! In which part are you stuck? PM me if you want. [Disable Annoying Kim] About the songs, I suggest you put techno on it and put another type on Eruption Conduit. In the case of Alien Armageddon, put pop music :D

Defintiely. I'm not one to rip Sega off on their songs. :p

Sunshine Atoll - Tropical

Eruption Conduit - Techno

Drowned Downtown - Urban

Snowcap Nimbus - Ethereal

Gritty Columns - Egyptian

Fume Shaft - Industrial Ambience?

Liftoff Gantry - Rock?

Spacewalk - Don't know

Alien Armageddon - Don't know

Like I said, I haven't gotten past Fume Shaft Zone yet, so I'm not sure what would fit the next levels best, I'll determine that in time to come.

Snowcap Nimbus needs a funky but Icy Beat to it. I think Aquarium Park 2 is a given example of how the music should sound, nice piano sounds and s funky beat.

Fume Shaft should sound similar to Lava Reef zone beat wise and instrument wise.

Liftoff Gantry Zone, try and give it an orchestrated sound with a guitar riff as a solo or something? Otherwise try something like Crazy Gadget in comparison to Egg Rock style music.

I thought That Spacewalk Zone would be some calm piano music, kinda like the calmness of Deep Sea Zone.

I don't mean 'rip Sega off on their songs' but perhaps use the awesome beat and instrument use as an example of inspiration. That sounds like ripping it off I know.

Also I love Drowned Downtown Zone! Perhaps the second act could have a bassline?

Edit: Also what format will the songs be in since I want to hear them on the Mac version of SRB2?

Last edited:
I had the emeralds with Tails, ,
put pop music :D
1. Because Tails' so hard, I had to do it first time with Sonic, so of course I skipped at my first save file (Though I played Alien Armaggedon and Spacewalk on servers/a few fail Sonic save files I deleted).
Though kim, if theres one thing your better than me, its collecting emblems. I can't stand those, even though I want to try the unlockable stages... SOOO MUCH.... D:
2. Pop music...? For Alien Armaggedon...? I dunno. I'm not a fan of pop music, but still, I don't see how this fits the "final sinister castle" theme.

It's better you don't. I had the emeralds with Tails, but I kept going on Spacewalk. You'll get impressed with all the work Fawfulfan did on the stages. I am still fascinated. I like to go in Spacewalk only to see the beautiness. And why can't you pass of Fume Shaft? [Enable Annoying Kim] Which character are you playing with? Can I help you in something? Fume Shaft is too easy! In which part are you stuck? PM me if you want. [Disable Annoying Kim] About the songs, I suggest you put techno on it and put another type on Eruption Conduit. In the case of Alien Armageddon, put pop music :D

The reason I can't pass Fume Shaft is simply because I haven't had the time to play it! :p

Why would I put techno on Fume Shaft and change Eruption Conduits music when everyone's happy with it?

As for pop music for Alien Armageddon, I haven't played that level yet, but I'm pretty sure pop wouldn't fit. :/

Snowcap Nimbus needs a funky but Icy Beat to it. I think Aquarium Park 2 is a given example of how the music should sound, nice piano sounds and s funky beat.

I just listened to that, that sounds pretty accurate of what I'm going, except I'm gonna go for a little more ethereal sounding.

Fume Shaft should sound similar to Lava Reef zone beat wise and instrument wise.
We'll see, I have some ideas already. I was thinking kind of something like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qp0_NE8M1c

I don't mean 'rip Sega off on their songs' but perhaps use the awesome beat and instrument use as an example of inspiration. That sounds like ripping it off I know.
Not really, it's not ripping it off, I've done that with almost every one of these songs, except ECZ

Also I love Drowned Downtown Zone! Perhaps the second act could have a bassline?
Yes, it will.

Edit: Also what format will the songs be in since I want to hear them on the Mac version of SRB2?
.ogg, maybe midi if Fawfulfan needs it, it wouldn't be hard to turn them into Midi, it'd take like 5 minutes per song.

Ultimately what I make the songs like depends on Fawfulfan, so don't get disappointed if I don't use the numerous ideas you guys have given.

No, stick with OGG. I'm not cheap when it comes to file size, and I don't care much for MIDI if I can avoid if.

I think it would be great for Alien Armageddon Zone to have sort of creepy, Gothic-style music--or at least AAZ2 should be a Gothic-esque remix of AAZ1.

No, stick with OGG. I'm not cheap when it comes to file size, and I don't care much for MIDI if I can avoid if.

I think it would be great for Alien Armageddon Zone to have sort of creepy, Gothic-style music--or at least AAZ2 should be a Gothic-esque remix of AAZ1.

Maybe you could put some synth effects to add a sort of alien feel to the stage? I dunno, but I think it would go great with the gothic theme that was suggested.

Arg, music production is such a task sometimes! I've been working so hard on this (yes I have, I just work relatively slow) that I've completely wore down any inspiration I have for this for the moment. Things like that happen every once in a while, I'm gonna pick it back up in a week or so, when my brain recharges. Sorry for working so slow, but there's really nothing I can do about it! :(

Arg, music production is such a task sometimes! I've been working so hard on this (yes I have, I just work relatively slow) that I've completely wore down any inspiration I have for this for the moment. Things like that happen every once in a while, I'm gonna pick it back up in a week or so, when my brain recharges. Sorry for working so slow, but there's really nothing I can do about it! :(
Well, you can allways hear other songs to get inspirations...? And if that doesn't work, you can have my brain recharger, I'm not using it at the moment :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back