• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tikal Beta finally out! Now for the real thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAH! Finally! I'm gonna test her out when I get home.
(I'm currently typing this on a computer at school, and downloaded it onto my school flash drive.)

Two things about my school:

First, from my experience, web blocker programs either block everything or block nothing. I'm lucky enough to go to a school where the web programs block nothing. In fact, the blocker is called SonicWall! Coincidence...?
Second, the teachers know what I do, and they don't have a problem as long as I don't actually play video games...I'm allowed to do game-RELATED things. And the restriction on no video games is lifted during lunch and break! If that's not the definition of sweet, I don't know what is. Not a day goes by when I don't remind myself how lucky I am to be allowed to do these things.

What blocked my high school was a modified version of SonicWall!!!! At that rate it blocked out anything that it did not deem educational. So basically we were only limited to search engines like google, and archival sites like wikipedia. Like I said in the First day of School topic, my high school sucked!!!

Have fun at my school. ; SonicWALL: tags-> blocked for.... games, pron, mp3/streaming, not rated, arts/entertainment (The shop I'm in uses computers and we use it to get stuff for our computer related projects, most being blocked for this one.)

Anyways, yay beta and stuff.
EDIT: Fix I3I7 and S3S7, bracelet

The only way around my school's defenses, which block pretty much nothing except Youtube, is a site called SEFreak. This is likely due to the educational stuff on it. Luckily, it also has an in-site web browser. The only reason I still actually DO my computer classes' work is that I don't know the password to access this in-site Web Browser.

also... *InfinityAutoHomingRailrings the thread back on-topic.*

Thanks for the tip Senku. I fixed that, so redownload her.

Also, a friend of mine sent me this character select pic. What think?

Angelus_the_echidna said:

Nice char select image. I don't think some of the colors fit in the srb2 pallet though. I'm also glad to see the Tikal beta out.

SparkTheHedgehog said:

Nice char select image. I don't think some of the colors fit in the srb2 pallet though. I'm also glad to see the Tikal beta out.
tikal.gif

Photoshop automatically converted this to the srb2 pallet, it looks a little odd with the automatic conversion.
I also used a mild de-speckle on it.

I'd bet that picture would look even better if I could see it right now. My internet isn't working right, so while I troubleshoot that, I'm back to using my dad's crappy p.o.s. that blocks every picture (I'm not kidding, I can't see the forum logo or the status bar either.)

I find it odd this Tikal beta was released at almost the same time as Ubuntu 8.10, talk about an awesome Halloween eve! =D
Anyway, nice work on the hurt frames, :) those were the only new frames I hadn't seen yet. I don't think I ever mentioned that the gliding frames were pretty good too.
Now for the fun part, all you have to worry about now is just refining the current set of sprites and finding the perfect char select pic. :D
On the subject of the char select pic, the one posted here looks good, but I was thinking of either drawing over it or making a much more SRB2-styled one in MSPaint. (I would be saying Kolourpaint, but the kacpid/knotify processes have been using up 80% of my CPU ever since I installed Ubuntu, with few to no options for killing them. So Ubuntu's running just as slow as Vista right now! D: *points finger at lousy generic/buggy kernel*)
I'm back to using my dad's crappy p.o.s. that blocks every picture
I sure hope your dad thinks the same of that PC too, if you're going to say that where he can read it. =P *shot* Really though, I would only call a PC a pile of crap if was either "falling apart", had a broken CD drive, used a 13+ year old OS, couldn't do basic stuff like drawing graphics, safely browse the internet/forums, or even so much as display high-color graphics. xD

zeldagamer00 said:
tikal.gif

Photoshop automatically converted this to the srb2 pallet, it looks a little odd with the automatic conversion.
I also used a mild de-speckle on it.
Try a little more dithering.

Dr.Pepper said:
I find it odd this Tikal beta was released at almost the same time as Ubuntu 8.10, talk about an awesome Halloween eve! =D
Anyway, nice work on the hurt frames, :) those were the only new frames I hadn't seen yet. I don't think I ever mentioned that the gliding frames were pretty good too.
Now for the fun part, all you have to worry about now is just refining the current set of sprites and finding the perfect char select pic. :D
On the subject of the char select pic, the one posted here looks good, but I was thinking of either drawing over it or making a much more SRB2-styled one in MSPaint. (I would be saying Kolourpaint, but the kacpid/knotify processes have been using up 80% of my CPU ever since I installed Ubuntu, with few to no options for killing them. So Ubuntu's running just as slow as Vista right now! D: *points finger at lousy generic/buggy kernel*)
I'm back to using my dad's crappy p.o.s. that blocks every picture
I sure hope your dad thinks the same of that PC too, if you're going to say that where he can read it. =P *shot* Really though, I would only call a PC a pile of crap if was either "falling apart", had a broken CD drive, used a 13+ year old OS, couldn't do basic stuff like drawing graphics, safely browse the internet/forums, or even so much as display high-color graphics. xD
That's why he hardly uses this computer anymore, so there's no worries of him reading it. Plus, it's about 10 years old, it's suffered a system crash, and quite frankly, we're lucky it's still running
As far as the character select pic, it's pretty much the one I envisioned, so if I could just refine it to look like it came from MS paint, I'll use that and give credit to my friend in the final release.
And now for the next thing on my mind. If you're still there Senku, check your PM box. I have a question for you.

I plan to get my laptop's internet up and running soon, until then I'm bound to this computer. But I'll continue to fix up tikal.

I have a better player text for tikal:

PLAYERTEXT = Medium
Glide/Climb
It handles
same as Knuckles,
it's a bit faster than
Knuckles, good for
beginners.

And those spinning sprites remind me Honey's jumping sprites, I'll see if I can do something for help at the WAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back