• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Walls of the Void (Map Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, its extremely easy. Those aperture science weighted store cubes, and aperture science weighted companion cubes were done my me in less then 3 minutes.

This might be the last video I post for the portal levels, showing you that its not all fun and games, at least when cubes and turrets are involved:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=slXMSVdQS0k

(Credit to sonic fan2000 for the Wheatley model, which I slightly edited. Wheatley is there for no reason, simply to kick around and spindash into.)

Heh, don't forget I made the turret models too.
sorry about the sides on wheatley :S

Heh, don't forget I made the turret models too.
sorry about the sides on wheatley :S

No problemo, its actually alright. And yes, he also made the turrets md2, and again the textures and model was slightly edited by me :p. Though I'm not entirely sure about this, but I'm thinking on porting the actual portal turrets here. (I also used sonic fan2000's turret model to make the sprites for the turret)

So I decided to replay one of my favorite Classic Sonic games, "Sonic Pocket Adventure", and I found something rather interesting.

The use of the Sonic Jam model seems more appropriate in this map pack due to these reasons:

Well, we know the Walls of the Void will bridge the classic games with the modern games, so, why not use the adventure model? Well, the answer now lies in these pictures:

As I was replaying Sonic Pocket Adventure, I noticed it was another one of those games with the storyline all messed up. (for example Sonic Battle, it takes place after Shadow the Hedgehog, yet was released after Sonic Adventure 2). Well this game was released after Sonic Adventure, but connects the classics with the modern. To show that Sonic from Pocket Adventure was before adventure, look at the way sonic looks:

Sonic in Sonic Jam:

Sonic in Sonic Pocket Adventure:

Comparison of models to sprites:

Look pretty similar huh? And now here is the most interesting part. Eggman's switch in uniform. At the beginning of the game, he wears his normal outfit:

But, when entering the Gigantic Angel (Eggman's new battleship), we see a change in outfit:

This now means that the Walls of the Void takes place during Sonic Pocket Adventure, in a new timeline that was created by the events in Sonic Generations. (The reason how a new timeline was created will be explained by the Doctor in a cutscene, and will have a similar idea to that of Back To the Future, but different.)

Not to mention Eggman's moustache was more reddish than brown but when he changed his outfit it became more brown.

Alright, well I tested the Portal maps in 2.1, and it looks like the 2.1 version will have to be a seperate downloadable version. Just for the heck of seeing it, here are some pics of Portal in 2.1:

Welcome, to hell:

Other then that map being a ton more darker, many sounds (not all for some odd reason) are broken, and do not activate (for example the elevator sounds work, but the portals and buttons don't), textures are not aligned, unlike in 2.0 where there are, and the Portal Cameras don't work, all transparent textures are now ugly (the portals are normal, but with strange blue and orange lines going across them), the transparent texture in Chell's room is now cyan, which was the color for flats to recognize as transparent. The Cutscenes are now made much smaller, so they will ALL have to be remade to fit your screen.

EDIT: Other tested maps like the Final Boss in the walls of the void don't fully work either.

The Walls of the Void is now going to be released for these versions:

SRB2 2.0
SRB2 Wii
SRB2 CB
SRB2 CBPNG
SRB2 2.1

(Oh, side note, I have tested the portal maps on the Wii version, and its fantastic, it was like playing Sonic Adventure fused with Portal 2. :P)

Last edited:
I think its low-poly goodness is beautiful

Well I like your other model better, I might say otherwise if you make it the size of the actual "Sonic Jam" Sonic. The tallness of the legs with the properly scaled body looks so awkward.

EDIT:I found a solution, release both the models for the game

Last edited:
Well I like your other model better, I might say otherwise if you make it the size of the actual "Sonic Jam" Sonic. The tallness of the legs with the properly scaled body looks so awkward.

EDIT:I found a solution, release both the models for the game

Thats a better post, state dislikes and I'll be sure to fix them (like the Jasper.md2 I am working on, I make, show, get feedback, and fix).

I will edit to be shorter. And there is a possibility that I am thinking about using both models, that as you progress through the story you see sonic develop into that dreamcast look.

Thats a better post, state dislikes and I'll be sure to fix them (like the Jasper.md2 I am working on, I make, show, get feedback, and fix).

I will edit to be shorter. And there is a possibility that I am thinking about using both models, that as you progress through the story you see sonic develop into that dreamcast look.

Ok, Thanks to know (I don't think i said that right)

The Walls of the Void is now going to be released for these versions:
SRB2 2.0
SRB2 Wii
SRB2 CB
SRB2 CBPNG
SRB2 2.1

Why not just release it to the current version of SRB2? It would be much easier to make stuff and also texture editing is easier now if I recall correctly.

Why not just release it to the current version of SRB2? It would be much easier to make stuff and also texture editing is easier now if I recall correctly.

CB offers much different stuff then the current version, such as certain linedefs, sector types, characterabilities, etc.

And I think its cool to also have this on the Wii, and the Wii version is a simple edit of the original srb2 version. Really its all just a simple process of conversion, but nonetheless each version will be unique.

Last edited:
Wow great work I love how well you did on the minecraft and portal zones too.

Thanks, they are quote strange, yet fun zones in this map pack.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Ok, Thanks to know (I don't think i said that right)

Is this better? I shortened him down and fixed his belly to look more classic, aswell as new arms and legs:

Haven't posted on here in a while..and to tell the truth, the pack is going ever so slowly due to lack of motivation, lack of time, and lack of help.

So, certain updates:

Portal maps have been updated with some new stuff that 2.1 has to offer (no, not Lua, I am not that great of a Lua scripter)

Some levels have been completely ported over to 2.1

Updated storyline to:
a.) Fix loopholes in Sonic storylines from Sonic 3 to present
b.) Fix loopholes in Doctor Who storylines from end of series 4 of the reboot to series 7.
c.) Introduce Metal Sonic in a different way, thanks to 2.1 reintroducing him.
d.) Allow players to make decisions at one point, either follow Tails' advice, or Sonic's. Following a different character's advice will lead the player to a different level, changing the ending of the story.

Also, some of you might have seen the Robotnik model I posted on the general thread thingy, well, part of that model's purpose, is for this video.

please let me help you, you tell whatta do and i do it.

Mainly soc'ing. I am horrible at that. If you are truly devoted to helping me, I will give you more detail on Skype. (Note, I only have full access to Internet on weekends.)

Also, update on Sonic and the Black Knight/ Diablo 2 levels. No pictures yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back