• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Walls of the Void (Map Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, feel completly free to use my Bandages The Hedgehog WAD sprites: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fem3r2aqbg1qpbk/Bandages.wad

I might use it if he appears in-game, but should he appear in a cutscene I shall use the md2 model I made editing the heroes model.

EDIT: Or, maybe he can appear in an easter egg room. There are many easter egg rooms that feature easter eggs from some of the games in this map pack, and some rooms from other games not officially in the map pack. For example, one easter egg room from this map pack is a portal playground room, which has many fun things such as gels, companion cubes, portals (I might upload a video of me trolling the chuckles bot by putting him in an endless portal loop) and other fun stuff. An example of an easter egg room that features stuff out of this map pack, is the Gato rooms. Gato, is a singing robot from the game Chrono Trigger, and if beaten he awards you 15 silver points. In this easter egg room, Gato stands in the middle of a room and is surrounded by 15 rings. So I might make a Sonic Boom easter egg room.

Last edited:
That all in this mod looks awesome. Actually I thought about making Minecraft maps too.

For mushroom hill, I don't really like those new textures but they're Ok.

And will there be any portals in the Portal section? That would make the maps even more fun and would not be hard to set to the level.

Pallet town: Are you serious about the field with all those flowers and bushes?

Anyway, those 3D modules look great. What program do you use to make them?

That all in this mod looks awesome. Actually I thought about making Minecraft maps too.

For mushroom hill, I don't really like those new textures but they're Ok.

And will there be any portals in the Portal section? That would make the maps even more fun and would not be hard to set to the level.

Pallet town: Are you serious about the field with all those flowers and bushes?

Anyway, those 3D modules look great. What program do you use to make them?

New textures? These are the textures right from S3&K :o.

Yes there will be portals in the portal maps. The portals will first be introduced in the second map titled "The graveyard of cubes". The portals also appear in the portal easter egg rooms and will serve the purpose of ''luls''.

Well Pallet Town has changed a bit, but there still is a section with all those grass and trees there. But the most part of the level is in Mt. Moon cave.

The program which I use to edit/make the 3d models are; Misfit 3D, and Blender.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

The Walls of the Void has a new look to it;

I will now be using the jam model for game (looks like the first couple cutscenes need to be remade :P [they needed to be remade anyways]). The Metal Sonic model is my edit of the Sonic jam model, fused with the old Void Metal Sonic model. The background, is ancient Gallifreyan writting that spells "The Walls of the Void", and on the top right, the logo of the game.

Are these models ever going to be released before the actual map pack is? I have a thing for lo-poly, and the Jam models really suit my fancy.

Are these models ever going to be released before the actual map pack is? I have a thing for lo-poly, and the Jam models really suit my fancy.

All the models will be released alongside the walls of the void as a separate optional md2 choice. However, I might release the Sonic characters earlier, such as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, and Robotnik.

This level pack is REALLY Original. Will there be a demo soon?

Probably not since the release of 2.1 is near. The Doctor might want to mess around with Lua and see how it plays out with his mod. Also I think you had asked this question before:

Are you planning a demo or a full release?

It will all be released when fully completed. I usually work on it when I am ''in the mood''. I tend to work on my, well, work when I am bored, and feel like doing random stuff. This is a huge example of random stuff.

I was working on a Klonoa model by request, and I remembered an old 3d modeling too I used to use, and began to search for that tool...until I fell down memory lane. I found an old ROM hack of Pokemon FireRed I made, which is quite similar to what this topic is about:

(Yes, that is the emerald/ruby character, but I remember I tried to make the character from ruby/emerald a friend of the player thoughout the game, here happened to be one place where he appeared.)

my god, it was like, 2005 when I made that..

EDIT: I also uploaded a quick video on the portal playground easter egg, with my trolling chuckles bot. Whos had the last laugh now?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_y2pFncwos

(Btw, that one thread of me asking how to make a two way teleport, and how people told me it was either going to be an endless loop, or something impossible, in your face :D).

Last edited:
Awesome. I really wanted to see the portals mechanic. They are like... WOW. I never expected something like this in SRB2. This is turning to be one of the best WADs in existence!

It's beautiful <3

Awesome. I really wanted to see the portals mechanic. They are like... WOW. I never expected something like this in SRB2. This is turning to be one of the best WADs in existence!

It's beautiful <3

The momentum parts are really fun :p. Running into a portal with full speed and flying out the other to land on some far platform.

EDIT: oh, and Larztard, since I do not have google+, and can't comment on my own video (much thanks google, love ya), I will reply to comments here.

I might add the portal radio song, definitely catchy (it used to be my ringtone :p)

Last edited:
How easy is making a 3D model? I think I want to make one myself soon...

In my opinion, its extremely easy. Those aperture science weighted store cubes, and aperture science weighted companion cubes were done my me in less then 3 minutes.

This might be the last video I post for the portal levels, showing you that its not all fun and games, at least when cubes and turrets are involved:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=slXMSVdQS0k

(Credit to sonic fan2000 for the Wheatley model, which I slightly edited. Wheatley is there for no reason, simply to kick around and spindash into.)

In my opinion, its extremely easy. Those aperture science weighted store cubes, and aperture science weighted companion cubes were done my me in less then 3 minutes.

This might be the last video I post for the portal levels, showing you that its not all fun and games, at least when cubes and turrets are involved:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=slXMSVdQS0k

(Credit to sonic fan2000 for the Wheatley model, which I slightly edited. Wheatley is there for no reason, simply to kick around and spindash into.)

Those Aperture Turrets are not final, are they? Because they're weird. You hear 5 or 4 bullets firing, but it's only one bullet coming at you. The room is also kind of too dark. Other than that, it looks pretty interesting!

Those Aperture Turrets are not final, are they? Because they're weird. You hear 5 or 4 bullets firing, but it's only one bullet coming at you. The room is also kind of too dark. Other than that, it looks pretty interesting!

Nope, the turrets, and some parts of the maps are unfinished. It may seem dark in the video, but its actually good in-game.

These are great. I'm planning a TF2 mod, with CTF and even Payload, (when you release it) can I use these sentries as normal sentry guns? (I'll give credit to you)
Either way, Awesome.

I guess so, but why not make an actual sentry instead of using the turret? If you want I could make you a sentry md2, or find one from tf2 somewhere on the Internet and port it to srb2.

I guess so, but why not make an actual sentry instead of using the turret? If you want I could make you a sentry md2, or find one from tf2 somewhere on the Internet and port it to srb2.

-Off-Topic-
That would be great, many thanks for the intel. I don't have any idea how to make SOCs and I don't even know what this LUA thing in 2.1 is, so... I only make sprite edits. By far the Payload sprites are quite good, at least I think so.

-On-Topic-
Let's try not to go away from the topic. This is one of the most original wad ideas I have ever seen - Even though I joined the MB like some months ago... - You should keep up this great work. By the way, in the portal maps, what is wheatly's purpose? Is he part of something or just an easter egg?

-Off-Topic-
That would be great, many thanks for the intel. I don't have any idea how to make SOCs and I don't even know what this LUA thing in 2.1 is, so... I only make sprite edits. By far the Payload sprites are quite good, at least I think so.

-On-Topic-
Let's try not to go away from the topic. This is one of the most original wad ideas I have ever seen - Even though I joined the MB like some months ago... - You should keep up this great work. By the way, in the portal maps, what is wheatly's purpose? Is he part of something or just an easter egg?

Just a random easter egg, however that is how the other personality cores will look like in the GLaDOS fight at the end of the portal maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back