• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Walls of the Void (Map Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shoot. I must of mixed up my music tracks. I thought the Sonic & Knuckles encounter was the mid-boss theme. It has been a while since I had played the complete version of Sonic 3.

I would still go with the Sonic & Knuckles music piece. It's not as boring as the Sonic 3 music piece.

EDIT:
Remember that you are remaking Mushroom Hill Zone.

It doesn't have to be a complete remake. You could add some original content to it or better yet, you could even make your own design of Mushroom Hill Zone.

Last edited:
Ok, actually it sounds better. So... forget what I said earlier. I vote for the Sonic & Knuckles one.

Sonic and knuckles theme it is then.

larztard said:
It doesn't have to be a complete remake. You could add some original content to it or better yet, you could even make your own design of Mushroom Hill Zone.

Well act 1 is going to be a complete replication in terms of level design and placement of enemies, rings, and items (excluding loops, there will be large slopes or slope-like duplicates).

act 2 is going to be a 3d environment of mushroom hill zone.

If there's going to be a Knuckles fight, I'd like to point out that the S3 knux theme is basically the beat to the S3 miniboss theme; you could segue in from one to the other to good effect.

If there's going to be a Knuckles fight, I'd like to point out that the S3 knux theme is basically the beat to the S3 miniboss theme; you could segue in from one to the other to good effect.

I haven't really thought about a knuckles boss fight, but now I might consider it.

I was making the metal sonic md2 for this map pack, edited from the Sonic jam model and mixed with contents from the old model, but then I got bored. So I made this quick md2:

This is eggman from that one movie you get to see in the Sonic Jam movie theater. Basically, eggman woke up one day, happily reading the newspaper, until he sees on the first page "sonic the hedgehog is number one", and gets mad. He goes to his tv, sees the same thing. He later picks up his old sonic plushy, and starts choking it (great stress management), then suddenly gets an idea. He turns the plushy into a suit, attaches rockets to his shoes, and runs around destroying things in a similar fashion to sonic destroying badniks. The episode ends with everyone forming an angry mob and yelling at sonic, as eggman stands tall and proud, laughing at the doomed hedgehog.

I remember that short movie. Are you going to animate that model or was it just made for fun? It would be kinda funny to see a hundred eggmen running around in sonic costumes in a multiplayer game.

I remember that short movie. Are you going to animate that model or was it just made for fun? It would be kinda funny to see a hundred eggmen running around in sonic costumes in a multiplayer game.

I'm not sure. For now its just for fun, but I'm bound to be bored yet again one day :p.

Also, yesturday when driving home and listening to this game's last boss song (which was made by my brother :o), I thought of a new idea, which is great, but will double the level count by 2.
The idea is to include Knuckles as a character with his own storyline, and near the end his storyline will intertwine with Sonic's. The idwa was that Knuckles, the seven chaos emeralds, and pieces of the master emerald are sucked into a crack in space and time, and Knuckles jumps in to save them. At the end, Knuckles would meet Sonic and his new friends and help them out using the power of the newly restored master emerald.

Sould I carry out this idea or no? Originally Knuckles would have only been a character in the Portal 1/2 coop maps.

I think you should carry out this idea, Sure, it may double level count by 2, but I still think it's a good idea.

A Knuckles-only campaign? Sounds good to me. But only after you finished and released the Sonic campaign(I really can't wait to play this).

A Knuckles-only campaign? Sounds good to me. But only after you finished and released the Sonic campaign(I really can't wait to play this).

Well, what I ment by the Knuckles storyline is that the story switchs view points. Think of Sonic Adventure 2, how at first you see the hero story from Sonic's viewpoint, then it switches to knuckles in wild canyon. So its all one campaign, but at the end both characters meet up and work together. (Sorta like a 'meanwhile' thing, like meanwhile sonic is going through, I don't know, toadstool village, Knuckles would be searching for the pieces of the master emerald in Aperture Science.

Last edited:
Well, what I ment by the Knuckles storyline is that the story switchs view points. Think of Sonic Adventure 2, how at first you see the hero story from Sonic's viewpoint, then it switches to knuckles in wild canyon. So its all one campaign, but at the end both characters meet up and work together. (Sorta like a 'meanwhile' thing, like meanwhile sonic is going through, I don't know, toadstool village, Knuckles would be searching for the pieces of the master emerald in Aperture Science.

Oh, I thought it was going to be SA1-style, like - you choose your character and play that character's story. Either way, I say go for it!

Oh, I thought it was going to be SA1-style, like - you choose your character and play that character's story. Either way, I say go for it!

TSDude and I will be doing that for our SA2 TC mod (which btw doesn't have much progress).

One funny thing I noticed about the Walls of the Void and Sonic Boom, is that they have quite alot in common from what I've seen from the behind the scenes video. Here are somethings I've noticed are similar to the walls of the void from that video:

1.) Character personalities - The creators of Sonic Boom said they want Sonic to have a bit more of an adventerous personality, always ready for an adventure, and still have that brotherly connection with Tails, but Tails will not be afraid to tell Sonic if he is wrong on something, like in an argument or something. This is similar to the walls of the void, because as Sonic and Tails (DAMN, got that song stuck in my head now...) are traveling through the cracks, Sonic is simply having the time of his life, wondering where the cracks will take him next, while paying little attention to what they are. Tails on the other hand is trying to figure what they are, and how they came about. Tails later in the game gets into an argument with Sonic if the player had decided to go to the Sonic Spinball levels instead of going to the Star Wars levels, because of [insert long storyline explaination here].

2.) Different Characters and their abilities - Sonic Boom has 5 main characters from what we have seen, Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. Each of those characters have their own abilities, and this is ESPECIALLY so in the walls of the void. In the walls of the void, there are 6 main characters, and 5 playable characters. Each character will have their own unique gameplay (not really so for Shinx). A good example is Goku, and his ability to fire ki blasts and (hopefully, I'm not fully there yet) charge ki to allow more ki blasts to be made.

3.) Dimensions - Sonic Boom is a completly different dimension, it takes place in a completly different part of space and time in terms of the original sonic timeline. The Walls of the Void will follow the storyline of the original sonic timeline, however it will be explained that the original timeline has created a temporal loop of timelines, making two timelines in one dimension. There is the prime timeline, which is the timeline we know as, and the new timeline, which includes these games in sonic's timeline in order; "Sonic 1, (Tails' Adventure), Sonic 2, Sonic 3/Sonic 3&K, Sonic Generations, Sonic Robo Blast, Sonic Robo Blast 2" and following the list, the Walls of the Void. It will be explained how the timelines split into two in-game.

The Sonic from Sonic Boom should appear as a cameo or during campaign, since there will be different dimensions.

According to a recording from the Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes (the part about the TV Show) Sonic and Eggman mention multiple knuckles form different dimensions. That's a way you can make a little gap. Maybe a black hole (ish) entity takes the crew to the Sonic Boom dimension. But this is your level pack, you can add this or not. It's your decision ;)

According to a recording from the Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes (the part about the TV Show) Sonic and Eggman mention multiple knuckles form different dimensions. That's a way you can make a little gap. Maybe a black hole (ish) entity takes the crew to the Sonic Boom dimension. But this is your level pack, you can add this or not. It's your decision ;)

Well, in my opinion, "the more the merrier!" - Eggman. And I could easily make them appear in my map pack, simply say that the crack in time and space opened up in their dimension as well, but I see no way of adding them to the storyline. Plus it would add a bit more confusion for the characters. I think that if they have any chance of appearing, its as a cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back