The return of Swine Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.
fawfulfan said:
You don't need to worry about it. For now, it's no deadlier than normal strains of the flu. Yeah, it's killed some people, but the regular flu actually kills people too. Common flu is actually the most common cause of disease-related death in the United States, and has been for decades.

Also food for thought is that fact that flues generally are prone to killing infants and elders, rarely in between. As far as I'm concerned, we're in the green.

jet said:
I wonder if eventually since there are starting to be sooooo many versions of the flu if there will be like a cat flu or dog flu or something.

That'll only happen if there's already a strain of the flu that attacks cats or dogs. All of these flus have existed for ages, but it's only recently that they've started infecting people.

what a relief because I have 2 cats and we might get a dog. If there happend to be cat or dog flu in like a year then I would probably be infected.

Also bear in mind that even if there is a potentially lethal flu virus that attacks cats or dogs, your pets would likely be uninfected, which would mean you had nothing to fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back