The NEW SRB2 site + MB + SRB2Live Site + YouSRB2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikesword221 said:
And your point? Most of the people here are still in school.
no my point is that hes doing all this stuff to the master server etc when he's still in school. if all this works he will be smarter than some people outside school

Mega bump to give you guys a status update:

The usercp has been completed and I am moving on to the messaging bit now, to give a little bit of an idea as to the improvements over the current messaging crap:
  • *Folders
    *Message Rules, e.g. If subject is "omg1234hey" move to the folder called "spam"

There's also a new setting on the user options page, 'Signature Display'. It comes with three options: Show, No Images and None.
[21:37:16] <Mystic> Personally, the only time I'm going to allow images back in signatures is if we get new forum software that allows me to strip the signature from everyone's messages
[21:37:23] <JMS> I have so many files called Jiggly.* now.
[21:37:37] <ShadowHog> On a user-by-user basis, or just period?
21:38:06] <Cue> Mystic, you mean user profile wise?
[21:38:11] <Mystic> Period. If we get an option in our profile to say "I don't want to see signatures, ever", then you can have your images back
[21:38:20] <Mystic> But that's not happening anytime soon.

I expanded on it, you can choose to display images normally, display a link for them or kill off signatures all together. This is a profile one, by the way, so it'll only make any difference for your account.

A rule over at Serebii.net forums was that there was an image limit of 3, an image height limit of 150px and a sig height limit of... I think they said "As long as it doesn't take up half the page"

Perhaps you can mod the image height and limit into the forum. As for sig height, just make it a general rule, because it might cause too many problems otherwise.

But yeah, we don't want n00bs posting ecksbawks sigs if you choose to have sigs turned on.

also
Cue said:
[21:37:23] <JMS> I have so many files called Jiggly.* now.
Woah JMS, mate. Keep it in your trousers!

Monster Iestyn said:
Wait a minute...

Wasn't this topic stickied before? I'm really sure it was...

It was unstickied when I started to slow with my work, I will hopefully be getting plenty of work done in the near future though since I have 2 weeks off.

Cue said:
Monster Iestyn said:
Wait a minute...

Wasn't this topic stickied before? I'm really sure it was...

It was unstickied when I started to slow with my work, I will hopefully be getting plenty of work done in the near future though since I have 2 weeks off.

I didn't know topics could be unstickied at all...

As does nesting the code (bbcode inside bbcode).

I'm open to suggestions for bbcode ideas by the way guys, it's because you wanted it that I added spoiler codes and I'll be happy to add others within reason. The only reason I didn't check up with Mystic or AJ about the spoiler code was because we damn well need it, but that doesn't mean to say I won't check up on certain codes with them.

So, go ahead, start picking.

I sense uber greatness. oh and on yousrb2, can the person display a video of the wad instead of pictures, a picture may be worth 1000 words but I would rather just watch.

Youtube or Revver API will be used, yes, you will get to upload videos.

I do not want YouTube videos embedded into the forum, thanks. If they want to make a video of their WAD, linking to the video is much better and keeps the forum cleaner.

The LAST thing we need to see is embedded Rickroll, thanks.

What about viewing the video in the forums but uploading it else where like youtube?

Also why not make it look somewhat like this http://www.kayssplace.com. They have diffrent sections in the website like downloads and forums and leader boards and stuff like that, AND the website is very easy to use.
(Note, this website is not related to srb2)

Mystic said:
I do not want YouTube videos embedded into the forum, thanks. If they want to make a video of their WAD, linking to the video is much better and keeps the forum cleaner.

The LAST thing we need to see is embedded Rickroll, thanks.

I meant for YouSRB2, actually, or are you talking about the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back