• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uggh. Beta by Thursday. Detailed finished product sometime before new year's. I'll be gone starting mid-way through Friday for Christmas stuff. I really do think that most of the guys on the forums will be gone over Christmas.

BlueZero4 said:
Uggh. Beta by Thursday. Detailed finished product sometime before new year's. I'll be gone starting mid-way through Friday for Christmas stuff. I really do think that most of the guys on the forums will be gone over Christmas.

It IS Thurday.

GCFreak said:
BlueZero4 said:

It IS Thursday.
Umm, not where I live and that is the time that I'm uploading it by.

*Sorry for double post.
Well, I have bad news everyone. We might not be able to make our Dec. 21st release date because we have had several major set backs. If we do manage to finish in time the mod will include:
1.SuperSonic64.wad (character)
2.SuperTails64.wad (character)
3.SuperKnuckles64.wad (character)
4.Scr_SS64Levels.wad (levels and enemies)

Sorry to have inconvinunced anyone.
-Nova

1.SuperSonic64.wad (character)
2.SuperTails64.wad (character)
3.SuperKnuckles64.wad (character)
4.Scr_SS64Levels.wad (levels and enemies)

Does all of that are in the wad? i downloaded it recently but i didnt find anything, only the sonic.[/quote]

You missed the "will include in beta" part.

And the M/CTF parts are merely the real arenas stripped down or bulked up as needed.

The Beta is out, but unfortunatly it is missing PBZ. It inculdes:
1.Scr_SS64Levels.wad (2 levels and enemies).
2.SuperSonic64.wad
3.Supertails64.wad
4SuperKnuckles64.wad
All characters are one player playable.

Is anyone else finding that there stuck on the first level simply because a platform edge has been placed above the height sonic can jump? XD

The skin for some reason wasn't working for me, then I realised after i added it I had to check the new game characters list, havn't had to do that when I added skins usually.

EDIT: what the hell, it still isn't working. Okay your other wads do work, the only problems with this is that knucles can't climb, also knuckle's jumping is the same height as regular sonic, which says to me your new sonic skin has the same jumping height as the srb2 one which means he wouldn't be able to get up the level even if the skin did work, how have you not managed to see this major problem?

I personally made the platforms a height of 75 fracunits difference. Did you ever try spin dashing before-hand? And that sheild in the valley gives you a double jump if you press spin after jumping. If you keep your sheild, you might have an easier time of it. Oh, and knuckles is supposed to not scale on pupose. ability = 3

Well, I tested the wad, and, it's alright. There's a few things I noticed, though....

For one, the walls that replace GFZ's is kinda... blegh. I mean, it's alright to try and make it a Mario theme, but personally, I think the brown checkerboard is better. And, besides the addition of the emerald path, the level itself is a tad linear. I'd suggest adding a few more pathways to it; I think that'd make it a lot better.

As for bugs, the ghosts at the grey mountain part are deafed, and I'm supposing they aren't supposed to be. Also, when I get 100 rings, it says the 1-up music is not in midi format. XD

Otherwise, this has potential. Keep it up, I'm sure this will turn into a great wad.

Blue Warrior said:
For one, the walls that replace GFZ's is kinda... blegh. I mean, it's alright to try and make it a Mario theme, but personally, I think the brown checkerboard is better. And, besides the addition of the emerald path, the level itself is a tad linear. I'd suggest adding a few more pathways to it; I think that'd make it a lot better.

As for bugs, the ghosts at the grey mountain part are deafed, and I'm supposing they aren't supposed to be.

The GFZROCK replacement texture was not my decision. It was suggested in a pm, and I never really answered. That was my downfall. However, I do think that if the texture was custom, I'd love to see it replace DUMMY. If not, I seriously need to know what its name is. That said, we need a flat (floor ceiling texture) that matches it. There was a lot of stuff in the mod that surprised me. In addition to the texture replacement, all of the crawlas magically turned into goombas. There was music packed in there. Complete lack of communication. I got Nova the level Thursday morning, and by lunch, this monstrosity was produced. I mean, I had coin sprites and ghost sprites in there, but apparently Nova wasn't happy. *sigh*

Ugh. Well, that emerald path isn't required. I'm a die-hard platforming fan. I made those platforms so that Sonic could get to the top without any shield. I mean, do you want me to do the Mystic Realm thing? They get you turned around, and you can't get out. Then you find yourself at the beginning. Sucks alot.

I'll check those ghosts later. It deafs new items that are placed when the last item was deafed. Painful for springs.

agoat said:
It won't let me play this in single player. D:
The character replaces sonic so just chose sonic as your player and you'll be SS64.
EDIT:BlueZero, I heard that Nova has the textures but just forgot to put them in because she was rushed to compile it into one large wad by the release date. I personally think that these GFZROCK patchs are ok but if Nova adds the real/edited looking SM64 wall sprites it would look a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back