• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueZero4 said:
Actually, I was more asking about the fact of there only being three emeralds as compared to the eight red coins. Still, all input helps.
I could replace the emerald radar with a red coin radar or with just nothing so you use the sound to guide you.

Actually, if we were to actually get 8 emeralds, I would like to remove the radar, and concentrate them in one area, like in the original SM64.

Edit: Actually, why were we trying to modify the emmeralds? We need to make new things. Things that can be placed multiple times on the same map. When this item is collected, say, the game raises an internal variable by one, and checks that variable. If the variable is 8, then reset the variable to 0 and exit the level, adding an emblem.

One problem with your idea, that var system was just a suggestion, never actually implemented. Although you might be able to do something with A_LinedefExecute.

BlueZero4 said:
Actually, if we were to actually get 8 emeralds, I would like to remove the radar, and concentrate them in one area, like in the original SM64.

Edit: Actually, why were we trying to modify the emmeralds<----error? We need to make new things. Things that can be placed multiple times on the same map. When this item is collected, say, the game raises an internal variable by one, and checks that variable. If the variable is 8, then reset the variable to 0 and exit the level, adding an emblem.

WAIT shouldn't this mod have an adventure field like Super Mario 64 INSTEAD of just advancing to next level

[x said:
Nova Rocker Girl[x]]
You said:
WAIT shouldn't this mod have an adventure field like Super Mario 64 INSTEAD of just advancing to next level
Unfortunately the adventure fields will only be in a newer beta than the first.

I don't claim that maps are easy, but if you can make maps then an adventure field should be EASIER right? its a multiple small maps that have multiple end-signs that lead to other adv fields/levels.

The way I explained it DID sound complicated but it really doesn't SEEM such to me.

So your just giving the basics in first beta I'm guessing

(idea: For red coin hunts[And they should be red RING hunts but anyway] you should take Christmas hunts idea and change the sprites and then add more of them.)

Black Zero said:
So your just giving the basics in first beta I'm guessing

(idea: For red coin hunts[And they should be red RING hunts but anyway] you should take Christmas hunts idea and change the sprites and then add more of them.)
We are giving ate least three levels: Green Valley (great detail), Prision Break (Working Progress), Bowser's Castle (Boss). And for the possibly levels: Green Valley CTF, Prision Break CTF. We are adding more than the basics most of the levels we have are full of detail.

Black Zero said:
explained
What did you explain? No attempt at even looking into the background actions performed by the program? Sir, I have already suggested emblems that exit the level and send the player directly to MAP02. I really do reccomend you keep abetter eye on the thread.

Oh, Draykon, if getting new items that access an internal variable isn't possible, then is there any way to make more emerald hunt emeralds that would be needed to exit the level while still giving you an emblem? Actually, you might be able to do a timer soc thing that increases the number of emerald hunt emeralds to finish the level at 8? I'm probably wrong, but could you look into it?

My levels, if done: Green Valley Zone, Prison Break Zone, GVZ CTF, PBZ CTF, and PBZ will be split into a few different mode maps. Like race.

Well, the closest you could get to work is to make several doors, one of which is opened each time you collect one of a SOCced set of Red Coins. But I've yet to find a way to make objects perform actions on touch, so you'd have to jump into it or something.

BlueZero4 said:
Black Zero said:
explained
What did you explain? No attempt at even looking into the background actions performed by the program? Sir, I have already suggested emblems that exit the level and send the player directly to MAP02. I really do reccomend you keep abetter eye on the thread.

Um.............

I just said the adventure field would transport them to MULTIPLE maps depending on the exit.

I don't like that tone, you b**ch at me knowing that if I make a come back I'll get banned for flaming well that makes me sick you...........*insert random cussing here*

Black Zero said:
I don't like that tone, you b**ch at me knowing that if I make a come back I'll get banned for flaming well that makes me sick you...........*insert random cussing here*

Wait till the admins see that. D:

M.V.P said:
GCFreak said:
Black Zero said:

Wait till the admins see that. D:

LMAO. xD

Should be fun

Obviously I wrote small like this in order to be suttle it really bugs me that you would make it bigger in a quote because that makes it look like I'm flaming on purpose(Don't say it because I said "LOOK" like) and anyways I used the stars(*) :evil:

so much for having that Christmas Jolliness.

"Obviously I wrote small like this in order to be suttle it really bugs me that you would make it bigger in a quote because that makes it look like I'm flaming on purpose(Don't say it because I said "LOOK" like) and anyways I used the stars(*) :evil:"

You're supposed to cover the entire word, not part of it.

"so much for having that Christmas Jolliness."

That's what I do. D:

OK, whatever, I'm sorry, and so on, lets get back on topic now

How many levels is this mod going to have, It should have fifteen like the original.
And im talking for the final product not the first beta release:D
And if its possible make it so that you need more than seven "whatever the stars are called in this mod" to become super sonic like maybe (depending on how many of them there are total) 100 you need to become SS.

As far as levels, I was going on the grounds of one entrance level (outside the castle) and an inside the castle level. As for other levels, I hope to make levels as I think them up, so I'm at a current tally of 2 here, but ideas are on the way.

Pinball, anyone?

The public deserves to know that it's almost done. After a few final touches, I have this huge green space to fill. I was hoping to turn it into a warehouse district, but making hollow buildings will take time. However, if I can't get the hollow buildings done, I will just put little blocks with building-ish textures as a substitute.

I hope the "public" is happy.

BlueZero4 said:
The public deserves to know that it's almost done. After a few final touches, I have this huge green space to fill. I was hoping to turn it into a warehouse district, but making hollow buildings will take time. However, if I can't get the hollow buildings done, I will just put little blocks with building-ish textures as a substitute.

I hope the "public" is happy.
When do you think it will be finished? Please today or tommorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back