• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot, the blue wall really fits for the boundary. Kinda hard to see the opening. Good thing there's springs there. Anyone got any ideas for the shelf textures?

Still, I used paint to help organise the name:
StuffMart.jpg

And on another note:
srb20015.png

*SM64DS*

Gah, it sucks that those stars' flats and walls don't have any shading whatsoever. You planning on making those stars a little more... textured? =P

Otherwise, everything else, in visual terms, looks fine.

EDIT: The main room in Stuff Mart looks like a giant bathroom. XD

We need the Island level. We could use Emeralds for the Silver Stars. But we need to turn off the radar. (Is it possible?)

Chaos said:
Thats the Character room, am I correct?
Yes.
Chaos said:
How will you ever do the "stairs of infinity" thing?
I really only want to do maybe red coin hunts. Personally, would you like to fish around in the PBZ hedges?

Blue Warrior said:
Gah, it sucks that those stars' flats and walls don't have any shading whatsoever. You planning on making those stars a little more... textured? =P
Like what, shading? They already have eyes. *shot*

Chaos said:
We need the Island level. We could use Emeralds for the Silver Stars. But we need to turn off the radar. (Is it possible?)
Turning off the radar? More like masking it. In order to get five, we'd need something in socs that checks for internal variables. After that, yeah.

Oh, and please refer to levels correctly before making requests, people. Makes it easier on those who don't know what you're talking about. Just keep in mind that you're only suggesting inspiration.

BlueZero4 said:
Blue Warrior said:
Like what, shading? They already have eyes. *shot*

Well, I mean, compare the detail between GFZGRASS and REDWALL. It's a big contrast, and doesn't really look good for the stars.

I do think it would look wierd to have something with a random texture such as a Zim one. Would anything really be appropriate?

Well, you could, y'know, create one yourself. It doesn't even have to be anything fancy - just some light gradient or something that gives it some detail.

There's always making the stars look they aren't real, just replicas. I'm thinking about MARIOF8 (Blue PBZ bricks) right about know.

(Crap, double post.)

So, I have a map header, and it doesn't pick up during game, both in DB and norm SRB2.

'ere it is! Ma MAINCFG:

Code:
MAP 15
levelname = 0
act = 0
type of level = 4099
nextlevel = 2
musicslot = 45
skynum = 1
forcecharacter = 3

MAP 16
levelname = 0
act = 0
type of level = 4099
nextlevel = 2
musicslot = 45
skynum = 1
forcecharacter = 4

MAP 17D
levelname = 0
act = 0
type of level = 4099
nextlevel = 2
musicslot = 45
skynum = 1
forcecharacter = 5

This really isn't a big deal, I could change the map exit with custom exit, but I was kinda relying on the whole force character thing to switch characters. And if that's inefficient, I think I'll go look up scripts.

*checks *

Nope, can't find anything.

Okay people, we're gearing up for the third beta. BlueZero4 has sent me brand new copies of his levels unfortunatly (as far as I know) the castle will not be included for a while. BlueZero4 is taking a leave of absence.
Also Moonlander has finished bowser's domain (ice) and we're almost ready for a release. When I finish beta 3 it will include:
GreenValley (New features in hard mode)
Prision Break (New features in hard mode aswell as easy and normal)
Bowser's Domain (fire)
Lava Cavern (Brand new level once again thank BlueZero4)
Pillaris (A totally new level that we can all thank BlueZero4 for)
Bowser's Domain <Ice> (Totally new ice level featuring a bowser boss)

Now for levels that are in progress:
The Castle which includes a part based off of princess peach's slide (Castle by BlueZero4, Slide by Camo Man)
A working title sand level
A jungle boss level

Well, thats just the levels.
Draykon has also made so great socs that will appear in the next beta:
64Bomb.soc (makes bob-ombs explode)
64ring.soc (makes enemies fire out collectable rings/coins when they die)
Untitled.soc (makes you get a star at the end of each level)

Camo Man has also been working on a soc:
Boo.soc (Makes boos travsperent aswell as adding several other things)

The character wads will also have a major update. I plan to include:
New sprites
Superforms (Yes, superforms, they tie in with the story)

Remember these are just some of the things that will be in beta 3. There will also be more music, sprites, and much much more.
-Nova

Shuffle said:
What's up with the really thin outline of a mushroom in the first screenshot..?
I guess you haven't downloaded the seconed beta. There is a story behind that patch. Okay, during the time of the first beta I wanted the textures to be marioish so I secretly added a mountainish sucky texture that looked somewhat SM64ish. When BlueZero4 found out he wanted the old one back, but I still wanted marioish so he made a compremize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back