Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tailsmastermind said:

I'm a little confused with this picture. He only has the disc channel and Mii channel. Shouldn't there also be more than that?

Maybe he is using a new wii or he has moved everything on the next page. If you see my page then it will be filled. 1 1/2 pages.

Btw did anyone read the news about them taking a break. He won't be updating until Jan 7. On the day I go back to school ^_^.....not :(.

Autosaver said:
The thing Im hoping is that the levels dont take up too much space.

They most likely won't. Since the editor seems to be the drag-n-drop type, you won't need to download any of the geometry for the level. All you would need to download is the variables that tell which object goes where, and maybe some extra stuff too. Atleast, I think it can be done that way.

Though the way Nintendo is dealing with the amount of space on the Wii hardly makes any sense at all.

I have some odd feeling I've seen Kirby-Sonic before... it may have been one of the hoaxes leading up to Sonic's arrival. Just the same, I am hoping that the coin launcher is fun enough to be worth departing from the rest of the game... I've seen places where that was done horribly wrong. (S&M Olympic Gallery, Chao Races...)

Urm... so now Zelda is going to be able to switch with Shiek like Samus? Ganondorf might be cool for the subspace emissary (so might a competent Eggman) despite the fact I know nothing about him, but from what I've seen on wikipedia, I don't like having another character switch between forms like Samus. I'd absolutely hate it if the two of them filled up that roster, but there is only one slot so perhaps Ganon is in the campaign and Shiek is a special move.

tailsmastermind said:

I'm a little confused with this picture. He only has the disc channel and Mii channel. Shouldn't there also be more than that?
Ahh, that probably would be because it's a developer's Wii. If you're developing a game, you don't want all these excess channels cluttering up your menu. You only want to have what you need. The presence of the Mii Channel confirms that Miis will have some sort of role in Brawl, likely as Assist Trophies.

Boinciel said:
Ahh, that probably would be because it's a developer's Wii. If you're developing a game, you don't want all these excess channels cluttering up your menu. You only want to have what you need. The presence of the Mii Channel confirms that Miis will have some sort of role in Brawl, likely as Assist Trophies.
Well, we know that the Miis can be used as Avatar Icons...
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

JEV3 said:
I'd absolutely hate it if the two of them filled up that roster, but there is only one slot so perhaps Ganon is in the campaign and Shiek is a special move.

There is no proof that there is only one slot left.

Anyways, do we know Zelda's Final Smash yet? It could be a Shiek transformation, but I don't know for sure.

I think these things are the most common.

-Zelda's final smash has a very low chance of being the transformation to Sheik, since transforming from Sheik to Zelda at times is key to victory, alas Nintendo. Her Final Smash is probably going to be calling up the sages/light spirits. As for Sheik's....well, er...playing a song with special effects?
-Ganondorf transforming into Ganon is obviously a final smash. A huge TP styled Ganon as playable character? Well, no. Final Smash for sure.

I used Action Replay on KAR. :\

The Hydra is severely overpowered compared to the Dragoon, especially when doing multiplayer Free Plays.

Com said:
There is no proof that there is only one slot left.

Anyways, do we know Zelda's Final Smash yet? It could be a Shiek transformation, but I don't know for sure.

Then what excuse do they have for all these pathetic updates if they have several characters left to be added. Unless of course some of these are going to be unlockable in which case may not be shown as an update.

If Ganon (sounds like a pokemon name) is as dangerous as he's made out to be, I'd rather him be a boss than a playable character. The way I see it, there are many characters that could be done better justice if not added to the character roster.

EDIT: I'm not saying for sure they don't have more than one slot, it just isn't likely. They are probably saving all the rest of the good updates for just before the release to build up a proper hype. (not that it needs building) Perhaps thats when we are going to see the last (or next) character.

Not every Dojo update can be the Stage Builder or Sonic or Hyrule Temple, and I like it better that way. There's been the super cool awesome updates and there's been the meh updates, but it's the meh updates that make the super cool awesome updates so super, cool, and awesome.

And Ganon as a boss = win. The best part about Giga Bowser in Melee was the fact you couldn't play as him-it kept him fearsome.

Blue Warrior said:
The Hydra is severely overpowered compared to the Dragoon, especially when doing multiplayer Free Plays.
Ohohooo, I beg to differ, good sir! I fly around, then divebomb the Hydra. If I have the right aim, it goes asplode. Also, if the person using the Hydra has enough nerve to fly, then when he tries to attack me, I dodge and he hits the ground, and sebsequently goes asplode.

Sonicandtails218 said:
Not every Dojo update can be the Stage Builder or Sonic or Hyrule Temple, and I like it better that way. There's been the super cool awesome updates and there's been the meh updates, but it's the meh updates that make the super cool awesome updates so super, cool, and awesome.

But the fact is, that if they had plenty of characters and stages left to be revealed, there would be more super-cool-awesome updates. Which is the point I was trying to make. However, I just wonder how many of the meh updates really need to be updates. Do we seriously have to wait to find out some technical info until its given to us as an update? I'd personally rather have less frequent updates, than to look forward to the next day's update to be greeted by a walkthrough on volume control.

Sonicandtails218 said:
And Ganon as a boss = win. The best part about Giga Bowser in Melee was the fact you couldn't play as him-it kept him fearsome.

I really hope they include a deal of awesome bosses in there. It would be great to see Robotnik be a competent baddie in the campaign mode (though he'd likely end up on the good guys team against the subspace emissary anyways)... I don't believe I've played a decent battle against Robotnik since Sonic & Knuckles.

They said it is about all the characters dealing with their own backstory, whether or not they add Tails, Dr Robotnik is a major part of Sonic's backstory and hopefully Sonic will have to deal with him. (not handled the way I would expect to see it handled in an official game)

Remember JEV3, the deveolpers are not going to reveal all the content in the game with the updates. That would just totally spoil the experience. I would guess there is quite a bit more stuff left in the game than we see on the site. They just aren't going to make more and more Super-Duper- Awesome-Whatever updates that spoil the game. At this point, they want to reveal only what will be enough to sell the game, and to have the player discover the rest. I'm sure there are going to be a boatload of secerts in this game, as there was in Melee.

Hey, the game would sell even if they didn't have this, right? The previous 2 games didn't have hype as large as this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back