Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
Anybody playing at E 4 All should know inbalanced characters like Fox have been nerfed, and not-so great characters like Bowser have been buffed.
I seem to not notice that when I was thier..

Well, for example, Fox's up smash has been nerfed a bit, and so has his up-air.

As for Bowser's example, his Smash attacks now consist of Super Armor. Which means you can't trow him off his smash attacks with weak attacks. His side B also has more range and is stronger, AND its more usefull in the air.

There, excited now?

Super mystic sonic said:
In a Free for all with 4(or 6) characters he's not the best choice.

I would like to note that the one exception to this rule is in the Multiman Melee things. If you just keep using your >B move, then the computers will barely even be able to touch you. Mostly, they'll just be flying in the air, three at a time.

Any weak attack could kill them. Its kinda weird some smash attacks work less effective than some special moves or tilt attacks. So you can't really count multiman melee. But still, I wasn't able to constantly spam(and ONLY that attack) the side B attack and go higher than 120 men.

Well, when it comes to 100-man-melee, it certainly works for the player that doesn't actually want to put effort into unlocking a character. :P

Well, that rotation feature looks rather robust, which is good, since that's how me and my friends have been playing Melee since 2001, pretty much. I wonder how it handles ties.

They do happen in stock, that's what me and my friends play, and it's come up enough times that we have ruled that if you manage to tie 3rd and 4th place, you both get to keep your controller for another round.

I think the rotation thing will do well for those 5-10 year always saying. You died give it to meeeeeee, Its my tuuuuuuuurn...

Mystic said:
They do happen in stock, that's what me and my friends play, and it's come up enough times that we have ruled that if you manage to tie 3rd and 4th place, you both get to keep your controller for another round.

Oh yeah, most of you guys actually add a time limit to stock matches. Tournament rule spammers...

Tournament...rule?

No, it's very simple. If there are four people alive, and two people lose their last life at the same time, it will show both of them as getting third place. This happens occasionally with Bob-Ombs, for instance. Two people die instantly, and they'll both have the same time for their death. It's not possible for this to happen for the winner, I don't think, but it definitely happens on lower ranks.

Or another example:
One player has a homerun bat. There are two characters and the one with the Home run bat hits them both with the bat. They both die. Althought, sometimes one will be a little closer to the way they are being hit towards, causing a very slight difference.

Oops, guess I took it for something differen't. I do hope there's a "everyone out" option, so that everyone who played goes out, instead of only the losers or winners.

Anyway, I like the Ice Climbers song, but its probably at least a milisecond off from the actual timing the mountain falls off. If you go play long enough, don't you think the timing of the music will get screwed up big-time?

Or you just pause. :P Music continues while you pause, so yeah.

Did anybody notice that they do say Sound Test is avaible from the start, but you can't see it in the options menu?(second pic)

Umm, I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but with all this hype, do you think Nintendo might let us down, and Brawl will be incredibly bad? You guys are freaking out over this game.

I think Nintendo will let us down with this game, but that is just me.

(Why do I have the feeling everyone will hate me?)

We don't hate you. We shall shun you. Acting like you don't exist usually hurts your feelings mroe than teasing you. :p

lol j/k

Anyways, I don't think N initendo will let us down. They made SMG, didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back