Super Mystic Sonic (V.1.09.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actualy, I think no Rapid thok is a good idea!
(and :/ to that last comment of THS's.
Why do you say that just from my char's weaknesses?)

Tapika the fox said:
Actualy, I think no Rapid thok is a good idea!
(and :/ to that last comment of THS's.
Why do you say that just from my char's weaknesses?)

Ya know, I could slow maxdash of SMS down. That pure utterly random speed is stupid anyway. What about 25? Then charging will have hardly effect. I could remove runonwater, but thats only when I'm getting desperate. Actionspd will be slowed down a bit anyway, so don't worry about that. Accel will be slowed down a bit as well. (not too much, because otherwise SMS will lose his great handling in platforming)And most important, his ability might be changed. But that depends on what ability will keep SMS' speed without overpowering him.

As for SMS' rapid boost thok, I had some plans in mind to make rapid thok less overpowerd. What plans? The first time you thok, you'll go at a speed thok's speed, the second thok will be a bit slower, the third thok will be even slower, etc. This will give rapid thok back the function I was hoping it would make. Just for incase you almost fall in a deathpit and need to thok back to land.

True Hyper Sonic said:
No offence but i think I'll play SMS and his "SMS blast 2" more then Tapika

I think that makes Tapika feel bad. Keep it in your own mind, if you can.

Now I don't know why, but I think the reason some people like SMS is because of his wide range of abilities.

There is never a place you can't reach, there is never a puzzle you can't solve, there is never a time you'll slow down(damn homing), there is never a battle you can't win, and there is nothing you can't overcome.You are god!

I just joined to say that this is my favorite wad on here, so keep up the good work! I think a good idea would be to add (if you could) a Super Mystic Tails and/or Super Mystic Knuckles, because I'd like to see you make those characters funner too.

I think homing is fun, and should stay. Same for run on water, though he doesnt bounce on the water when spinning like supersonic does.

1) Make SMS drown the same time as all the others.
2)Replace Rapid thok with something else like Speed thok....
3)...Can't think of any weakness to add.

(Or leave him the way he is :D but ya have to make SMS blast 2 harder...)

[Tapika, im just thinking about a underpowered tails thats all...]

True Hyper Sonic said:
1) Make SMS drown the same time as all the others.
2)Replace Rapid thok with something else like Speed thok....
3)...Can't think of any weakness to add.

(Or leave him the way he is :D but ya have to make SMS blast 2 harder...)

[Tapika, im just thinking about a underpowered tails thats all...]

1) He does drown at the same time like all others. I lengthend the underwater-time for everone, since I think anyone can stay underwater for longer then 25 seconds. A normal human can stay for 3 minutes, so why should Sonic drown in 25 seconds?
2)I already explained what I'm gonna do.
3)Weaknesses can actually ruin the fun, if there are many, or a big one. The only ones who care about overpower are the more profesional players in SRB2. And believe me, there are alot of more good-players/mid-players/newbies then pro's.
?)I'm gonna make all enemies in SRB2 more powerfull, so don't think you can home yourself trough the levels without hurting yourself to a bullet. Not only SMS is gonna be overpowerd! So will his enemies!

Deathclaw said:
I just joined to say that this is my favorite wad on here, so keep up the good work! I think a good idea would be to add (if you could) a Super Mystic Tails and/or Super Mystic Knuckles, because I'd like to see you make those characters funner too.

Joined just for that? Anyway, I don't think thats a good idea. It would ruin the fun of the supermystic form. Just like Sonic 3 ruined SS' superform, by giving both knux and tails a super/hyper form.

Seanic said:
I think homing is fun, and should stay. Same for run on water, though he doesnt bounce on the water when spinning like supersonic does.

And...that....is one of SMS' weaknesses. Because you can blinddash extremely fast, you would have to fast movement on water, wich would mean crazy overpower. Running alone on water should be good enough.

Anyway, I added your vote.

Super Mystic Sonic said:
The only ones who care about overpower are the more profesional players in SRB2. And believe me, there are alot of more good-players/mid-players/newbies then pro's.

That's one of the stupidest statements I've ever read. How I miss the days where people PERSERVERE in games.

TheDarkArchon said:
That's one of the stupidest statements I've ever read. How I miss the days where people PERSERVERE in games.

Unfourtunatly those days were gone the second "Action replay" came out.

I don't think that sms is that crappy at all...
It makes fun to play with him... The only problem is that he IS REALLY overpowered. With all these abilities normal enemies are no match for him.
And I think that's the point. In the normal SRB2 game SMS is more a fun-killer than a fun-bringer. It's true that first you are surprised and and you are grinning when you kill hordes of enemies by homing around at superspeed never touching the ground only using the jumpbutton. But after a while it gets very boring, because there is no challenge!

So if SMS should keep his abilities he can only be sensefull in his own mod that has to be unbeatable for "normal" characters. There are two ways how you can make enemies accepable for SMS:
1. boosting their speed
2. giving them the ability to shoot (like in the enemy soc by Mikel93)
3. if they can shoot -> boosting their shooting speed
4. make them immune to SMS attacks

I tried these cases by using the enemy soc of Mikel93 ingame and playing around a little bit with my own soc ideas...
1.Speedboosting was not that effective because of homing, but WHEN SMS was touching the ground I have to watch out. The movements looked even chopped off by too fast speed, too. So it was ok for the basic enemies like blue crawlas I thought.
2. The shooting crawlas from Mikel's soc were in crowded places really a challenge, because of the SMS's slowdown and the direct attack direction of homing. So this would be a good alternative.
3. (same as 2.)
4. YAY! This was quite effective, too. First I tried to make the red crawlas only immune to SMS fireballs, but then I realized, that this would not really change anything. So I made them a little bit faster and absolutely immune to all of SMS attacks...
It is not that easy to kill a robot legion, when homing often aimes these modified crawlas and SMS is speedthocking into his death! :twisted:

Even if it is only a little soc, maybe you are interested to test it with SMS...
So here is the LINK

This little soc makes the blue crawlas faster but keeps the graphics so that still they would change into the yellow ones in the SMS-mod AND makes red crawlas a little faster and immune to any attacks. :wink:

FINAL STATEMENT: I would prefer to keep SMS the way he is... BUT only if you are improving the enemies!

EDIT: guess the soc works only correctly if you load it after the SMS mod into console... don't know why... just realized it...

Morph said:
So if SMS should keep his abilities he can only be sensefull in his own mod that has to be unbeatable for "normal" characters. There are two ways how you can make enemies accepable for SMS:
1. boosting their speed
2. giving them the ability to shoot (like in the enemy soc by Mikel93)
3. if they can shoot -> boosting their shooting speed
4. make them immune to SMS attacks

I tried these cases by using the enemy soc of Mikel93 ingame and playing around a little bit with my own soc ideas...
1.Speedboosting was not that effective because of homing, but WHEN SMS was touching the ground I have to watch out. The movements looked even chopped off by too fast speed, too. So it was ok for the basic enemies like blue crawlas I thought.
2. The shooting crawlas from Mikel's soc were in crowded places really a challenge, because of the SMS's slowdown and the direct attack direction of homing. So this would be a good alternative.
3. (same as 2.)
4. YAY! This was quite effective, too. First I tried to make the red crawlas only immune to SMS fireballs, but then I realized, that this would not really change anything. So I made them a little bit faster and absolutely immune to all of SMS attacks...
It is not that easy to kill a robot legion, when homing often aimes these modified crawlas and SMS is speedthocking into his death! :twisted:

Even if it is only a little soc, maybe you are interested to test it with SMS...
So here is the LINK

This little soc makes the blue crawlas faster but keeps the graphics so that still they would change into the yellow ones in the SMS-mod AND makes red crawlas a little faster and immune to any attacks. :wink:

FINAL STATEMENT: I would prefer to keep SMS the way he is... BUT only if you are improving the enemies!

1)Already did
2)Since the enemies are still improving, it ain't here yet. But that WILL happen, nomather what.
3)Yeah, whatever.
4)There is already 1 enemy that isn't handy to kill with homing. The Shadow-gunner! Once you home in on him, he'll shoot at you, deflecting your attack. You need to attack him from downside, or you need to avoid the bullets and shoot him with SMS' fireball.

1. Homing doesn't always have to be helpfull. It can be irritating sometimes.
2. Its no fun fighting hordes of shooting enemies. Especialy not in platform levels with death pits.
3. (same as 2.)
4. Invincible red crawla's? No. They will have HP of 5, and they will be just as quick as the yellow ones.

Now remember that all enemies will get a change. Even the fish will be able to shoot, and the waterbombers will move waaay faster.

:D
I couldn't know you already did.
Fine! Then it is ok if you keep him that way, in my opinion...

The only thing seeming to be a little bit irritating [and that I forgott to tell about] right now are the "sparkles" [? or what these yellow pixels should be] in the SMS-jump-grafic. They are kind of annoying...
I don't know if it's possible, but maybe there is a way to create seperate sparkle-objects that will be created continuously during the jump and will be removed after a while.

Morph said:
The only thing seeming to be a little bit irritating [and that I forgott to tell about] right now are the "sparkles" [? or what these yellow pixels should be] in the SMS-jump-grafic. They are kind of annoying...

I don't know if it's possible, but maybe there is a way to create seperate sparkle-objects that will be created continuously during the jump and will be removed after a while.

I can't help it if you find em annoying. It is what makes SMS' jump called the wave jump, instead of spinjump. Yellow to speed up, red for the power, and green for air steering.

Remember that the enemies are still in progress. I need to do quite some SOCcing(and spriting) work, if I wanna complete all of the enemies.

Super mystic sonic said:
Joined just for that? Anyway, I don't think thats a good idea. It would ruin the fun of the supermystic form. Just like Sonic 2 ruined SS' superform, by giving both knux and tails a super/hyper form.

Ugh, you Fail. That's in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

IF ya gonna overpower the enimes to match SMS. Make a background story of how they powered up. Plus i'd hate to have to aviod a bullet every second so try to avoid making every eneime shoot bullets.

SMS has a red stripe on the forhead. (Red just fits with yellow) His basic color is yellow. (Super Sonic's color) Further he has green shoes. (Grass+running. Thats the thing you do most in SRB2. Running over grass area's)

This all has a meaning. Red is for the flaming power Sonic gets from the mystic emerald. Yellow is for the fact he's super. (Super Mystic Sonic) Green is the for the tropical nature SMS' runs trough.

Fire, light, and earth get united. It is Super Mystic Sonic! That is what Mystic powers are.
SMS is a walking fanfic!

3)Weaknesses can actually ruin the fun, if there are many, or a big one. The only ones who care about overpower are the more profesional players in SRB2. And believe me, there are alot of more good-players/mid-players/newbies then pro's.
Unfourtunatly those days were gone the second "Action replay" came out.
SMS is a walking Action Replay code!

Take those troll-like statements as you will, but I whole-heartedly disapprove of SMS's overpowered ability roster. That is, when SMS is called a typical character wadfile. A typical, good character has weaknesses.

Though, I am willing to call SMS a "cheat code" of sorts that gives you all the powers of a character. That sort of thing is not fair, but it totally ignores that point. It allows you to explore every little nook and cranny of a game just for the heck of it. The point of a cheat code is not to be fair, but to make a game either easier in an unfair matter, or more fun. I think it's the player's choice whether they want to go through a game using cheat codes just for beating it. I used walkthroughs with several plot-centric games, and I kinda' spoiled the story for myself that way. Though, I certainly have the choice of using a cheat code after I beat the game legit - and I usually do that because it's fun.

Being called a character, I whole-heartedly disapprove of SMS. Though, I'm willing to accept it as a "cheat code". A cheat code disguised as a walking fanfic.

I have another idea to power SMS a little bit down. :wink:

Maybe every speedthock should cost 1 ring. Then you are not able to thock threw the whole level - only touching the ground a few times - anymore and it would be a matter of tactic when and how you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back