Super Mystic Sonic (V.1.09.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The update on SMS will have many customised sprites. I took the idea from differen't games.

spring animation: Shadow the hedgehog
Falling animation: SA2 battle
Running animation: SADX
Edge animation: Sonic CD
Waiting animation: SMS adventure (I just changed the model from SA, so you'll have SMS instead of Sonic. You'll also have HMS when Super Sonic)
Jumping animation: Sonic advance 3
Tails pickup animation: Sonic robo blast, but a bit customized.

Now that sounds like a good mix. Just make sure to keep your sprite in one style. Don't switch between old school and SA drawing styles.

Zeshiro said:
Now that sounds like a good mix. Just make sure to keep your sprite in one style. Don't switch between old school and SA drawing styles.

I just mean the poses of SMS's animation. His grapics will be the same.

Yes, but make sure to only copy the pose and not the style. Old school Sonic does not translate well into new school...

It will be released once 1.09.4 is out.

New stuff for 1.09.4
-SMS will have a Super Sonic like Shine.
-So will HMS
-A lot of customised sprites to make SMS look less like a default Sonic recolor
-I'm trying to make the jumping sprites suitable for both HMS and SMS.
-You will see SMS does control nice, but not in SRB2 style. Its alright, cause the mod is coming near.....but don't mind the mod right now, as its taking some time to finish 36 levels with edited properties of SRB2 levels. I already did 4 zones, and a NIGHTS boss act.

And maybe some Mystic stuff will be done... Anyway, I'm focusing on making SMS more then just a recolor. He had a lot of special till now and a nice running animation, but now almost all sprites will be customised.

Be prepared for the best Sonic-recolor/remake pack ever!

Hey, you see me double posting! That means i'm gonna give a update! Yup, some screenie updates!

srb20044picture0ei.jpg

HMS has a shiny glow now. Yes, this is software, not openGL!
srb20045picture8zz.jpg

HMS with a burst of speed, and lights exploding all around him!
srb20046picture7wl.jpg

SMS in the edge frame. You can see he's glowy as well, and his name and face images have been changed.
srb20047picture5li.jpg

The jumping sprites are really differen't. It may look dumb in a screen, but just watch when its in-game!
srb20048picture5vj.jpg

SMS running with swift moves over the water. Yes, I still need to add the glow effect in that sprite.
srb20049picture1es.jpg

More of the glow effects. The waiting sprites will be more lively then the previous time.

Now SMS/HMS will have glowy effects, but alot of more customised sprites as well. Except a big sprite update on SMS soon when 1.09.4 is released! No more special effects, just.....new sprites. If you didn't like SMS cause he was a pure Sonic recolor with special effects, you might like him now, since his sprites are differen't from Sonic's now.

There are so many things wrong with those sprites...
The glow is the worst idea you've ever thought of, it just looks like a failed attempt at a glow and I really don't like it...

The jumping sprite doesn't look right on that picture for some reason...

cueball61 said:
There are so many things wrong with those sprites...
The glow is the worst idea you've ever thought of, it just looks like a failed attempt at a glow and I really don't like it...

Any suggestions to make the glow look better? I've added it, cause SMS is supposed to glow, but I couldn't make that happen in the previous version.

The jumping sprite doesn't look right on that picture for some reason...
As I said, it looks dumb in a screen, but will look way better ingame. Though I have my doubts if people are gonna like it.....

And......Super Senku glows?

Well, you can change the color a different way now with SMS. This time you can change the eye color, the stripe on his head, and although it may look a bit weird, his backside of the shoes.

What on earth.....pictures? Okay, okay, whatever......
srb20051picture5bf.png

blue color
srb20052picture6yp.png

green color
srb20053picture2ga.png

white color
srb20054picture3ab.png

grey color

At least its better then the previous color change, that really sucked.

Yes he does glow launch the Senku.wad and be Sonic. turn Super and change the skin to Senku. he's in Super form and if you look closely while running you'll see a shiny white glow on him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back