Super Mario Galaxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The previews coming out for this game recently have been quite drool-inducing. The rock and cloud suits seem really interesting.

I was wondering if they were gonna implement Luigi as a playable character again, thank you for answering my unasked question Metal Knux.

Atleast luigi has a trailer for the second game, I don't think he had one for the first game.

I hope Luigi is playable from the start this time, and using the same save file as Mario. Going through the whole game again as a slightly different character wasn't nearly as fun as I was hoping it would be in SMG.

I hope Luigi is playable from the start this time, and using the same save file as Mario. Going through the whole game again as a slightly different character wasn't nearly as fun as I was hoping it would be in SMG.

Luigi is playable in some levels from the start. (IIRC)

Like optional missions...
NVM
Just read this article from Destructoid and they had this to say,
"We don't know who the other playable character is.
First off, though, we know thatLuigi is a playable characterinSuper Mario Galaxy 2, and now we know how. The Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK has a review ofSMG2, and in it they say that Luigi becomes playable once you find 20 stars. That doesn't sound too bad at all. Hold on, Luigi! We'll use Mario as a disposable character to get to you!
Get this, though: There's another playable character! ONM hints at another unnamed character forSuper Mario Galaxy 2when you reach 120 stars. Who could it be? Peach? That would be fantastic. It would be likeSuper Mario Bros2 all over again!
Go Nintendos bullet-pointshttp://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=123080from the review reveal several other interesting things about the game. It seems that Bowser's stages are similar to those ofSuper Mario 64. Damn -- hated those. It seems thatSMG2takes place in an alternate reality where Mario and the Lumas never met. Here's some good news for me: there's supposed to be a good amount of 2D sections and several throwbacks to earlier games in the later levels.
Can't wait!"

Last edited:
Wait...Destructoid?

Didn't they make that Sonic in SMG2 Rumor? If its real then I don't know who the other character could be...besides the lumas met, its in the gameplay vids

Yea, I just found the news of the correction :(...

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=123090

It's a bummer really...I was expecting something awesome like another character or something...However, they didn't totally debunk the idea of another character, all they did was broaden what could be unlocked or achieved...

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71z267y-Qro&feature=channel

Rainbow Mario returns...I wonder when another "Transmission" will be up

Haha... that's great... reading the C++ code in the bottom of the "transmission" around 0:10.. it's the way they work gravity.

Code:
gravity = planetPos - objectPos;
gravity.Normalize(); // Normalize the line between the object and the planet's position. This gives you the direction of the gravity
gravity *= 0.0005; // Make the gravity weaker
glPopMatrix(); // Uh, why mixing game code with GL calls?
object.addForce(gravity); // Apply the gravity to the object
object.Update(); // Do the movement, collision, etc.

Other than the glPopMatrix() line, that's pretty much the basics of gravity on a sphere, kiddies. Although I doubt they use this for every planet - it's likely for things like the first planet you land on in SMG chasing the rabbit.

That is an awesome find there SSN, There's not much I can say about it really, I'm not so adept in coding, but still, That is one cool discovery there =D

You guys sure that's actual code from Galaxy and not just stuff they're vomiting up for the sake of making the video look fancy? I'd think the program code would be a bit more... complex than that, tailored toward the actual movement system (which I somewhat doubt works solely off the principles of inertia like EG. Quake does).

::shrug:: that piece of code there is pretty much exactly what I did to mimic SMG in Wizard awhile back.

You guys sure that's actual code from Galaxy and not just stuff they're vomiting up for the sake of making the video look fancy? I'd think the program code would be a bit more... complex than that, tailored toward the actual movement system (which I somewhat doubt works solely off the principles of inertia like EG. Quake does).

Anything Mario is basic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back