Suggestions

Isn't that what socing was created for?

SOCing would be easier if there was an item spawned for more than just being propelled forward. :|

EDIT: and it wasn't created for ABILITIES, but rather for customizing the game entirely, I believe.

Last edited:
Another idea: A_FORCEFRAME? I'm not sure if that's in the game already, so if not, have it force the object the item makes contact with to go to to a designated frame (like the player).

Var1 = The state to be set to.
Var2 = Unused.

please make it that, if you impement my idea of spawning objects for more than one frame, if you're using an ability like float, when you switch to different frames, you don't lose your "attack" status (like, you don't get hurt if an enemy touches you).

Last edited:
SOCing would be easier if there was an item spawned for more than just being propelled forward. :|

EDIT: and it wasn't created for ABILITIES, but rather for customizing the game entirely, I believe.

I believe Hinote creates a Thok Item to where it creates a "spring" effect to make her ability a jet up.

That's not the point. Anything that has to do with spawning an item has to do with spinning or thoking. The spring-jump ability works great because you literally spawn a spring on you, so the fact you propell forward means nothing. However, propelling forward for every ability that requires extra help from a spawned object isn't really that good. Draykon's SOC for Senku's walljump cuts his momentum (although good thing he has Diamond Cracker now), which was dumb origionally. :<

But really, a lot of possabilities would be open if items were spawned for more than just thok :< (plus it would make Metal Sonic look legit this time without an EXE mod)

I believe Hinote creates a Thok Item to where it creates a "spring" effect to make her ability a jet up.
*CORRECTION* darkbob1713 and Bloodshot created a Thok Item to where it creates a "spring" effect to make Hinote's charater fly upwards.
Now can we move on?

*CORRECTION* darkbob1713 and Bloodshot created a Thok Item to where it creates a "spring" effect to make Hinote's charater fly upwards.
Now can we move on?

Thanks for just stating who created it. You really didn't add anything new.

Also, Hyper Shadic, I agree with you, you should be able to spawn those items besides just through speed thok and homing attack (with Flying being an obvious one that probably wouldn't work too well depending on the item). Although, besides things that produce a spring like effect, what other items would you spawn?

What would be the difference between a thokitem and a, say, glideitem anyway? What a thokitem does is to stop the character from thokking and do something else instead. In essence, a thokitem makes you NOT thok and a glideitem makes you NOT glide. I don't see how the initial ability makes any difference when it won't be performed anyway.

What would be the difference between a thokitem and a, say, glideitem anyway? What a thokitem does is to stop the character from thokking and do something else instead. In essence, a thokitem makes you NOT thok and a glideitem makes you NOT glide. I don't see how the initial ability makes any difference when it won't be performed anyway.

I would have to strongly agree with this statement here.

But there are other uses for thokitems other than stopping players from thokking, are there not?

Eg. Back in 1.09.4, Espio had a blue version of the standard thokitem.

fmt1 support.

fmt1 is an upgrade of DeHackEd that I came up with. The idea is:

States and objects are now given alphanumeric labels.

Upon an fmt1 being loaded each label is replaced by a number and added (dynamically!) to the mobjinfo or states tables. To keep backwards compatibility freeslots still eixst and by specifying a numeric name to a state or object, you can guarantee it won't be remapped, unless you specify the property REMAP as TRUE to the state or object (to avoid using a freeslot while still allowing A_RandomStateRange)

This idea is very simple to implement and the benefit would be massive.

I found a robot frog:
images

Maybe this can be an example of a new enemy for GFZ1.

This isn't really a suggestion for SRB2, but I'm posting it anyway. Reconfigure the Suggestions process the same way as Bug Reports. That is, instead of a massive, bulky thread, make it into a subforum. Then, the mods can attach prefixes to each suggestion, such as "Assigned Suggestion", "Used Suggestion", "Invalid Suggestion", "Duplicate Suggestion" and so forth.

It really makes sense when you think about it. The Bug Reports subforum seems to have made it a lot easier both for people to make their discoveries heard and for the devs to address each one. I bet that we would get the same kind of benefit from doing that to suggestions, too.

um, no. They don't just stop you from thoking and/or gliding. I don't know where you got that idea.

A thokitem can do a variety of things. It can do nothing, cut off your momentum, spawn an object that affects you, etc. The last thing is the most useful thing of a thokitem.

Now, the purpose of items for other abilities, such as gliding, could also vary. If you ever played SRB2SPMoves, there was a character named Metal Knux (or something) that had an infinitive glide. Now, if there were a SOC'd item that caused the player to not fall down at all when gliding, this could happen in 2.0.6 for a different character. With gliding and climbing, that could be cheap, but if regular gliding were to be put back (why it was taken out I don't know), then uniqueness to the character can be given. there can also be a SOC'd object that rises the character as it glides. Morph did this for his character Morph when he spindashes, so this could be done to a character that glides to have it glide UP, instead of down. A SOC with a timer on it to stop the rising effect would make it more of a challenge.

I believe a user once said "you can do virtually anything with SOCs." Well, if you could spawn items that affect you for more than just thok, that statement can be true.

EDIT:

犬夜叉;683667 said:
Because 99.999% of suggestions would be set to "Invalid".

There, I said it.

what about the actual GOOD suggestions? :|

Isn't that kind of subjective? Most of the suggestions here may be pretty useless, but not so bad that I would consider them downright invalid. A large portion of bug reports seem to get entirely ignored, so that would hardly be a problem exclusive to a Suggestions forum.

Certainly true. But let me put it this way: this method would make it far easier to consider the suggestions on a case-by-case basis. I feel like there are some good ideas that are promptly buried under a landslide of stupid ideas and thus never really get a sufficient chance to make themselves heard. Making it so that suggestions are given in terms of topics rather than posts would make that less likely to happen, as topics are buried more slowly. Meanwhile, it might also be more effective in stopping people from repeatedly posting the same bad idea because they assume nobody saw it the first time; an admin can just declare it a dumb idea, lock the topic, and that would be that.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Back