Suggestions

Code:
abilityframes = 1
"abilityframes" would set what frames are used while doing the ability. For instance:

0 = default (whatever frames are going on when you jump, weather they're spin or the spring frames).
1 = walking frames (floating would then work like walking on air, literally. Just standing there would have you just standing, moving would be walking and moving fast enough would be running. This would probably have you get hurt when you touch enemies, though).
2 = only walking frames (probably the same as 1, but instead of using running frames, it would only be walking frames, even at the highest speed).
3 = running frames (same as 2, but replace walking frames with running).
4 = only running frames (standing = the first running frame; probably would work for characters that "float" when they run)
5 = ability frames (uses the ability frames)

Seriously, not everyone spins when falling/floating and looking at the ground like an idiot is stupid :<

But yet again, that would easily break abilities that demand using ability frames (IE: Glide and Climb). Most people would probably go with the fifth variable for abilities such as those.

Otherwise, I like that idea.

Knuckles shouldn't be able to pierce bosses when he glides into them. He should be forced into his falling frames and bounced back, like any other character.

Fans should also be able to throw Knuckles out of the gliding state. As it is he just keeps sinking, eventually resting at the base of the sector where the fans are, but still trying to glide forward.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but,
what happened to the infinity rings?

Also, I was playing race with my brother on srb2, and I was like "dang, this is boring as heck" so I switched on the ability to throw rings. You know, so I could pop a sock in him and zoom past him? Right well, the rings were useless, the nuke shield was useless, and so was the fire trail from the elemental shield. Seriously, I know this is race, but it's rather "boring" and filled with thok festing Sonics. Heck, I even only played as Knuckles with my brother just to make it "absolutely" fair. It just seems pointless for a race if you really can't do anything to make it more competitive. Come on, give it match like qualities, allow throwing rings, nuking them, and leaving a fire trail to hurt them.

In basic, where's the damage value in the races? Seriously, if all there is is running, then no wonder no one really likes Race.

Anyway, I was thinking... since the "runonwater" thing was so looked down upon because it made finishing the level easier, why not make running on water an ability? Think of it; instead of an ability that makes you able to fly, glide, float, or shoot through the air, why not simply an ability that lets you run across water? The other abilities are meant to make avoiding obstacles easier, but think of it, so would running on water.
Except that you would be fucked in levels like ACZ and ERZ.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but,
what happened to the infinity rings?
Infinity Rings only work in a time-based weapon system. How is it supposed to work with the new one? If it gave players infinite ammo for everything upon collecting it, it would be very overpowered, since it wouldn't wear off anymore. If it did wear off, the Match system would become even more complicated, which it shouldn't.

In basic, where's the damage value in the races? Seriously, if all there is is running, then no wonder no one really likes Race.
But I do like Race :< That said, there probably should be an option to hurt opponents in Race.

Speaking of that, didn't both you an I already resolve the same exact issue just a little less than 10 pages ago?
Yes, yes we did.

I think damage in Race should be allowed to be toggled on or off. I don't really care what it defaults to, but it should be an option.

Fans should also be able to throw Knuckles out of the gliding state. As it is he just keeps sinking, eventually resting at the base of the sector where the fans are, but still trying to glide forward.

The gameplay application the Single Player campaign would be limited, of course, but what about having him rise in his gliding state whenever he glides over fans? I can see that characteristic being exploited in custom maps.

Or maybe that'd be unfair in multiplayer maps? I don't know.

Last edited:
nope.avi

Look, the devs are focusing on the classics. No new stuff, no unleashed bullshit, none of that. And they said time and time again, SRB3 is NOT happening. And Eggrock is that hard because the devs still didn't make the levels that go before it (which they ARE getting to), so there is quite the spike. Eggrock is not supposed to be easy. It's perfect the way it is. And if they wanted 2D, they would have stuck with some other engine long ago.
I know there focusing on the classics thats why i said to make it 2d not 3d. The levels in srb2 remind me of Sonic 3 thats why it would be better in 2d format.

I know there focusing on the classics thats why i said to make it 2d not 3d. The levels in srb2 remind me of Sonic 3 thats why it would be better in 2d format.
Why should be SRB2 be in 2D just because it's similar to the classics? That's the whole concept of this very game: bringing classic gameplay to three dimensions. Also, why should they scrap a game that's 70% complete and develop a new 2D game? 12 years of work would be wasted for no real reason at all.

SOC Action, A_Runscript
VAR1 is the name of the script, or file if VAR2 is 0. If the file has more than one script, it chooses the first one it finds.
VAR2 determines if the script is a file.

Example #1, with the script being in the file
Code:
ACTION A_Runscript
VAR1 = lumpname
VAR2 = 1
Example #2, with the script being in a external file.
Code:
ACTION A_Runscript
VAR1 = filename.wad
VAR2 = 0

The gameplay application the Single Player campaign would be limited, of course, but what about having him rise in his gliding state whenever he glides over fans? I can see that characteristic being exploited in custom maps.

Or maybe that'd be unfair in multiplayer maps? I don't know.
I think it's pointless because the speed you glide at means that you'll soon hit a wall, anyway. It's only obvious in Sunken Plant because the walls are unclimbable, so you can actually "land" and sit perfectly still on the sector while still in a gliding state.

I think the tails jumping sprites would be something like that:
tails_jump.gif
. Then, Tails would be more diferent and cool. XD

I think the tails jumping sprites would be something like that:
tails_jump.gif
. Then, Tails would be more diferent and cool. XD

Remember we're dealing with a 3-dimensional game, not 2-dimensional, so wouldn't it be too much work to have Tails' tails behind him in every direction?

There's a reason Tails' tails don't move all the time after all, is there not?

Make scripting more like.... scripting.

Add stuff like ifs and inputs and stuff.

Here's a usage :
In your WAD storyline, Robotnik has some files on a computer that control the missile.
Sonic needs more time, so Tails hacks in to that computer and screws around.
(Basically, your playing a mini-game within the console)

That's just an example, I'll bet there are TONS more ideas.... Like an RP!
Someone could hack for a living, etc.

It would also allow the current scripts to become more sophisticated.

Thok speed

A "thokspeed" line for S_SKIN that defines the speed for both Speed Thok and Homing attack, the limit shall be Sonic's thok speed

This already exists and its called actionspd That sets the velocity of any ability.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back