Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SparkTheHedgehog said:
RedXVI should be a SUPER-SECRET-SUPER-SONIC boss in srb2. To unlock the level you have to finish the game with all the chaos emeralds and bug him in every stage he appears in. After that finish the game again with all the chaos emeralds but instead of finishing the game RedXVI turns into the RedXVIrus, his super demon form and he is super hard to beat. (Hope you didn't mind me posting it SonicTheDalek.)
And beat all the unlockables as well. Makes it more super secret that way.

Kitsune said:
Since when can we do unlockable WADs?

1.09.3.something.

Do you mean WAD unlockables, or WADs that you have to unlock in something else?

The second thing, unless a secure WAD format (XWAD), is made, is impossible.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Edit the S_SKIN1 on Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails. In classic games, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all ran on water when they reached their runspeed.
Not all the time, though. They only did in Hydrocity Zone.

mikesword221 said:
An FOF that chases the player.

Sik said:
People, seriously, polyobjects not only aren't magic but are very dangerous as you have to be very careful to retain the data the way it is and don't cause the engine to do the wrong thing (in the worst case, say hello to "sigsev"). So it should be only used by experts, and people who knows the limitations implied in SRB2's raycasting engine.

SSNTails said:
endcolor is not in 1.09.4, even.
Yeah it is. I've used it before.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Edit the S_SKIN1 on sonic, knuckles and tails. In classic games sonic, tails and knuckles all ran on water when they reached thier runspeed. Image coming soon.
SRB2 will be too easy if you could run on water. And it'll never be done anyway.

It's so obvious that it would've been done, and since it hasn't been done it's clear that STJr don't want it in SRB2.

I'll Begin said:
SSNTails said:
endcolor is not in 1.09.4, even.
Yeah it is. I've used it before.

The game won't complain if you put it in, but it actually ignores whatever you put there and uses startcolor+16 instead as the 'end color'.

A feature for 1.1 that might be interesting but I'll probably never get around to implementing is custom color tables for skins.

GemEarthBrandon said:
Shadows following the characters at full speed
Those aren't from the classic Sonic games. They only followed Hyper Sonic when he runs, and he's getting removed from the game in the final version.

Karuno said:
-A Fire Ring. It effects other Rings, like the Infinite Ring does. It makes a shot Ring leave a trail of fire. It must be a certain height from the floor, though.
Not possible in 1.1 because you can't combine rings anymore.

Karuno said:
They only followed Hyper Sonic when he runs.
That's PrettySRB2. I think that feature came from SRB2JTE.

I'll Begin said:

Actually, the rings are still written in a combinable-way..

i.e., with a little code editing you could have a scatter bounce grenade ring.

SSNTails said:
I'll Begin said:

...I bet $50.00 that ^that^ is the first mod made for 1.1.

SSNTails said:
I'll Begin said:

Uhh. does this mean that the WOP is still coded in?

Don't worry if it is. Deathmatch Arena Zone proved that World of Pain can actually work in a level. It's almost impossible to get WOP in that zone, even for someone like Sb, but it has happened before. It requires extreme skill and luck to get the WOP in the level. It also is impossible to acquire in a two-player netgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back