Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. I agree with you. The textures in this game look awkward and aren't aligned correctly. Green Flower Zone especially needs this.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
As for dealing with coop+no exit sectors, just have 1.1 kick everyone off the netgame if such a situation happens on the MS. This shall not apply to Emerald Hunts/Special Stages. I bet someone already said this, though; can't be bothered looking.

I'm sorry, Mr. Master, but there is no need. I'm sure that STJr will have the sense to make any and all non-Coop/Race starts count as Custom Exit sectors that take you to GFZ1.

You mean for NiGHTS races, right?
No, I meant for single player. You don't get any bonus time in race mode. I don't think it would be a bad idea to have the items respawn for NiGHTS races either, but I specifically meant single player.

I wouldn't mind having my Wacky Track Zone replace Slumber Circuit Zone.
Don't get cocky.

It is quite a wild suggestion for me to say "Put my zone into 1.1," but I haven't seen a lot of NiGHTS races here, let alone good ones. Slumber Circuit Zone simply CAN'T be in 1.1; it's just not fun, and if we can make NiGHTS races, we should have at least one in the official rotation.

I'm wondering exactly who made Slumber Circuit Zone, anyway.

I can't say I disagree with that. But despite how much your gameplay may be better than Slumber Circuit, I do think that visuals are a heavy part of NiGHTS levels, even if you're making something for circuit. If you want one of your NiGHTS levels in the official rotation, you should definitely get better at NiGHTS levels. Because, honestly, do you really think Wacky Track is the best you can do?

Although, this feels silly. NiGHTS style gameplay was made with single player in mind.

Zanyhead said:
The ability to bind camera control to a joystick axis. I'd love to use my right analog stick on my gamepad for camera conrtol.
You can.

Or are you talking about rotating the camera in Analog mode? If so, you're better off using the triggers, which you can already do.

Shadow Hog said:
Unique start points depending on what player you are playing as.

Remember Sonic & Knuckles? Think back to Mushroom Hill. If you were playing as Sonic, you'd start out up high in Act 1, whereas as Knuckles, you'd be down low at the level's start. I suppose Carnival Night might be an even better example, especially since the two paths don't even cross until the mini-boss, and split off again very early on

Basically, while the official levels in SRB2 have pretty much no need for anything other than generic starting points, it'd be pretty awesome to have for the more ambitious level designers around here to take advantage of. Imagine a truly co-op level where some of the players have to work together on individual paths devoted to their characters to finish the level. Imagine playing the same single-player level in three unique ways due to the starting points being placed so that linedef executors can modify the level as needed for each character's run through to be completely different, despite being the same level. In short, imagine S3&K, but in SRB2.

Of course, the devil is in the details, so basically, each character would first see if their character has a unique spawn point in the map. Failing that, it would see if a generic spawn point were present, and failing that, it'd search for Sonic's spawn, Tails' spawn, and then Knux's spawn, in that order, and place them at whichever is found first. Failing THAT, it'd either crash (like it presently does when no Player 1 spawn exists) or place you into a multiplayer spawn if available (else it'd crash, again). As for custom characters, they'd default to Sonic's spawn unless explicitly stated otherwise (i.e.: "make my echidna fan char, Mari-Soo, spawn at Knuckles' spawn, please"). Also, the "generic spawn" could just be Sonic's spawn, to avoid having four types of spawn points (not even counting multiplayer and CTF spawn points).

I think it'd be pretty awesome if done right - very much in the vein of S3&K.You agree?

Yo, know, that's a preety good Idea, But I was thinkig that maybe the location depended on the Character's ability like this...

Any Created Character that can climb goes on Knuckles' Route.
Any Character that would fly goes on Tails' Route
And any other Character would go On Sonic's

It should also be unable to change characters until the stage is over, or until you actually are all together for the rest of the level.

No, it wouldn't work like that. There's more to making characters unique than just pegging them with Sonic's, Tails's or Knuckles's moves. Like, for instance, the character can swim, and Tails's spawn has a great underwater cavern that she could explore, but is too slow to go through where Sonic starts. By your definition, this character would start where Sonic does, making playing as her near impossible and defeating the point of the pool entirely.

So yeah, let's think outside the box of just Sonic, Tails and Knuckles here, especially if you're trying to make a fan character distinct from Sonic, without making them another Tails or Knuckles.

I'll Begin said:
Zanyhead said:
The ability to bind camera control to a joystick axis. I'd love to use my right analog stick on my gamepad for camera conrtol.
You can.

Or are you talking about rotating the camera in Analog mode? If so, you're better off using the triggers, which you can already do.

Yeah, I already do that, but it's much easier to control with the right stick, go play Ratchet and Clank, it's way better that way. (My gamepad is modelled after a PS2 controller, so... Whee!)

Zanyhead said:
I'll Begin said:
Zanyhead said:
You can.

Yeah, I already do that, but it's much easier to control with the right stick, go play Ratchet and Clank, it's way better that way. (My gamepad is modelled after a PS2 controller, so... Whee!)
I'm kinda confused about what you're looking for. Saying "Ratchet and Clank" doesn't help either, because not only is Ratchet and Clank not a Sonic game, but that game has the same three camera styles as SRB2, and you never told me if you want analog or strafe control.

For strafe control (third or first person), I'd recommend using the analog sticks to move the camera (works with both Halo-style and Metroid-style control schemes) and the triggers to jump, spin, fire and standardfire.

For analog control (third person), I'd recommend not using the right stick at all, using the action buttons (×□▲o) for jump, spin and lightdash, and the L2/R2 triggers for left/right camera movement, as this is the control scheme used in the 3D sonic platformers.

This isn't ratchet and clank; You need simultaneous access to jump and camera, or otherwise it gets messy when you need to be fast, like if you're surrounded by Crawla Commanders in Flame Rift Zone.

Both of those can already be done.

I feel like I'm not getting your point at all...

Hyper Shadic said:
@ everything else:I don't get the "core console" thing, but the "wireless controller adapter," That's basically a plug-in to the controller's front, and the other part in the Xbox 360/Computer, right?
The Core Console is/was a cheaper version of the Xbox 360 that had no wifi support, a smaller hard drive and a wired USB controller instead of a wireless one.

The Wireless Controller Adapter is a small receiver made by Microsoft that plugs into your PC's USB port and allows you to use official Xbox 360 wireless controllers. You can get them on their own or you can get them bundled with controllers.

Princess Solelias said:
Anyways, make a sound test options, so we won't have to type in the tunes in on the console.
Do we need to? All I can say is that the Tunes command should already count as our 'Sound Test', so there's no need for a sound test option.

Princess Solelias said:
Let water/lava toss platforms up in the air like on Marble Zone as well.
This is already possible with platforms that float on water.

Princess Solelias said:
Give the bowser enemy new/better sprites.
The bowser enemy sprites are just fine in my opinion.

Princess Solelias said:
Change the selection options like in the regular sonic games: Choose a character than choose a zone.
This game is based on the Classic Sonic games, not the Sonic Advance games. What you're asking to add isn't part of any of the Classic Sonic games. Apparantly this is already part of the game, except that you choose the level, then the character.

Princess Solelias said:
Make a boss pinch.
I have no idea what you mean by this. Do you mean a boss panic mode? The bosses in SRB2 already have that.
Or do you mean make a boss be able to pinch you, with a claw or something like that?

Princess Solelias said:
Remix the credits, mix up the music like in sonic 1-3.
I thought the credits music was just fine, but it's not a bad idea anyway.

Princess Solelias said:
Give the player a higher jumpheight in 2D-Mario mode.
Do we need to have this?

Princess Solelias said:
Add an Extra Zone for collecting all the emeralds: Doomsday and Nonagression. Name it, "The Final Judgement".
I think they're already going to put that in, except for the name.

Princess Solelias said:
Let Tails Follow Sonic as a choice.
What next? You're just asking for an easy way to go through the levels as Sonic.

Princess Solelias said:
Let sonic turn hyper like in sonic 3 & knuckles when all 8 emeralds are collected.(Alot of people probaly already said it)
No. Mystic already said there was not going to be any Master Emerald or Hyper Sonic in the final.

Princess Solelias said:
Make spinning diamonds and icicle sprites like in Ice Cap.
...and what would they be used for? Besides, we can already do this ourselves, can't we?

Princess Solelias said:
Stop the game from crashing if the player dont have wads to join netgames.
Wouldn't that make the situation even worse? I believe that's the reason why SRB2 does that.

Princess Solelias said:
Unmodify - command to remove all the wads and cheats so we wont to restart the game before joining netgames.
Already in Final. It's known as DELFILE.

Princess Solelias said:
Walking on walls gravity.
How many extra sprites do you think will have to be made for this to work? Besides, it'll lead to loops. Don't think that it takes only a minute to do each sprite.

Princess Solelias said:
Make a spinning wheel cage like Metropolis and Flying Battery.
The thing can be made, but the effect can't be. It would need lots more sprites. Read what I said for the walking on walls gravity idea.

Princess Solelias said:
Let tails and knuckles be super in single player mode.
Bad idea. Isn't the fact that Tails and Knuckles can turn super in Match enough?

Princess Solelias said:
Change Red Volcano act 1 ending.
I agree, but I'm not sure whether that's already going to happen or not.

Princess Solelias said:
Make extra enemies for Mario mode like Boo, Koopas and the Caterpillars.
I think this should happen too. Add that plant thing that pops up and down the top of a pipe like the pop-up turret we already have as well.

Princess Solelias said:
Let Z-Dooms float and move around in water,lava and oil.
Z-Dooms? What are you on about?

XutaWoo said:
A per-map scripting langauge, like ACS in Hexen.

Here's a script that's based off of ACS's structure.

Code:
script 1 (void) \\The first script of the map. (void) means it has to be activated by something, like a line.
{ \\Starts the actual script
  L106(5, 0, 5, 0); \\L106 stands for Linedef Type 106; aka Move Sector Floor. It goes (tag, floor height, speed, and flags). The first three are hopefully self explainatory, however flags are 64 equal to NOCLIMB while the special is used on a linedef, while 2 is equal to BLOCKMONSTERS. They can be combined for the effect, just like normal.
  wait; \\Waits until the previous special is done, then continues.
  L107(6, 512, 32, 64) \\Move Sector Ceiling. See Move Sector Floor for parameters, obviously.
  terminate; \\Stops the script from looping. While this has no effect on the map if it loops, if could mess with performance.
} \\Closes the script.

script 2 (void) ect.

While all this demonstrates is making a switch that opens a door without control sectors, or atleast as many, I could demonstrate something hard/impossible to do with control sectors. Oh, and the \\'s mark comments until the next line.
This will, well, just plain freak some people out.

Monster Iestyn said:
Princess Solelias said:
Change the selection options like in the regular sonic games: Choose a character than choose a zone.
This game is based on the Classic Sonic games, not the Sonic Advance games. What you're asking to add isn't part of any of the Classic Sonic games. Apparantly this is already part of the game, except that you choose the level, then the character.

Actually look at S3&K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back