Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 58 pages.....

Mid game changing is stupid, in my opinion. You should have to pick a character at the start of a game with a plan in mind, not just changing on the fly for whatever you need to do.

Changing mid game ruins the equality sometimes. :\ Tag matches can become really one sided if someone who has really good aim with Tails (Like flying over walls and sniping) tags someone then switches to Sonic to have a better chance of running away. Having a character change during intermission is definetely a good idea.

Only allowing switching during intermission puts more strategy in choosing your character. You have to evaluate your strengths in SRB2 and the level you'll be playing on. Then choose a character that's best-suited for most of the situations you know you'll be involved in.

Ritz said:
Can't you add some sort of console option to enable character switching while moving? Character-crazy matches can be fun if everyone is okay with it.
Ritz wins the interweb. I'll just for--... uh, ask JTE to make a version that supports mid-game changing.

Muahaha. *mauled*

No: he means the actual Super Sonic, man.

EDIT (really another post): can you add a Sound Test option in the game? Or at least a BGM Test... And not as a cheat, just as an normal option!!!

hotdog003 said:
Sik said:
EDIT (really another post): can you add a Sound Test option in the game? Or at least a BGM Test... And not as a cheat, just as an normal option!!!
It's called TUNES.

He said as an option, like, you know, the menu called "OPTIONS"? :P

EDIT: While we're at it, let's have the sound test state the names of the current music you're listening to. For instance if you were listening to Greenflower Zone Act 2, the sound test would say "Greenflower Act 2" to tell you that you're listening to said music.

That's defined in the map header, not the actual music. Besides- What if you're listening to the boss music? That music has two maps that use it.

It'll be named "BOSS" because is the Bosses' music. Easy, HotDog?

And yeah, JJames is right, I like this as an option in the "OPTIONS" menu.

wow, a 1.1 suggestion page.. and i missed this HOW

- Coding / Movements -

Doom 2 is fine as it is, WADs however, are a different story, it would be too tedious to make a PERFECT system to it, so, it should at least be looked over, maybe a new method to loading [ if its even possible, i havent messed with ANY source code, as i cannot code ] or, even add a internal editor, since you have a method to loading, it would be sensible to add backwards-engineering elements

- Spriting / Graphics -

Most of the time, its all fine and good in srb2, instead of the fact that non-aliased spriting is used, maybe you can add a antialais option

- Online Play -

Ever play a online game, and add a wad, only to think it woudnt crash? That usually creates a permission error, and get kicked because of consistency. online SHOULD, or COULD be reworked to check if wads exist to all hosts [ pretty much by a simple directory filename system ]

- Other -

aww man, ran out of rants.. MAYBE a music importer of some sort?

Antialiasing is used in OpenGL (according to screenshot that I've seem). In software mode, it'll be too slooooow. And respect to the WADs... Better will be an option to copy the WAD to the others computers if it doesn't exist... FIRST ASK FOR PERMISSION TO THE USER.

- Coding / Movements -

Doom 2 is fine as it is, WADs however, are a different story, it would be too tedious to make a PERFECT system to it, so, it should at least be looked over, maybe a new method to loading [ if its even possible, i havent messed with ANY source code, as i cannot code ] or, even add a internal editor, since you have a method to loading, it would be sensible to add backwards-engineering elements
Ever heard of Objectplace?
- Spriting / Graphics -

Most of the time, its all fine and good in srb2, instead of the fact that non-aliased spriting is used, maybe you can add a antialais option
It's like that for a reason: Speed.
- Online Play -

Ever play a online game, and add a wad, only to think it woudnt crash? That usually creates a permission error, and get kicked because of consistency. online SHOULD, or COULD be reworked to check if wads exist to all hosts [ pretty much by a simple directory filename system ]
Only the server can add WADs. We don't want n00bs lagging up the game just so they can play as Mr. Stickman.
- Other -

You can add music if you stick it in a wad file and load it.

Midiman said:
Uh, how are the WADs problematic? I've never had any real trouble doing what I'm trying to do. The only major thing SRB2 doesn't support is slopes.

Midiman said:
It does that in 1.09. If some moronic newbie joins with a file loaded, it quits them out with an error message telling them that the host doesn't have the file they want.

You can already do that. There should be a tutorial around here somewhere.

How about....

Rings that change the opponents status in multi-player?

Like:

Slowing down,
Max speed constantly,
randomly changing direction...

Super Sonic 2005 said:
How about....

Rings that change the opponents status in multi-player?

Like:

Slowing down,
Max speed constantly,
randomly changing direction...

I think we've covered that already.

Stop me if you've heard this one...

Horizontal moving platf- *stopped*
Just kidding.

I was playing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles on Sonic Mega Collection, and I was hopping about a bunch of those little rocks that move in and out of that big ol' waterfall, when it hit me...

-Vanishing FOFs-
FOFs that shift between solidity and intangability. Requiring timing to jump.

There could be 3 types...
Vanishing FOF (Opaque to Invisable) -Opaque when solid, Invisable when Intangable-
Vanishing FOF (Opaque to Transparent) -Transparent when intangable-
Vanishing FOF (Transparent to Invisable) -Transparent when solid, Invisable when Intangable-

The control linedef's horizontal length sets how long it stays solid, and vertical height sets how long it stays intangable.

I submit this suggestion to Sonic Team Jr. in hopes it will be accepted, and that it has not already been said.
Have fun with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back