Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the most frequently asked questions(tm), and so brace yourself for the shocking answer: No.

1.09 is being designed to improve gameplay and features, not replace Knuckles' sprite with a newer one, which BTW, if AJ lost his sanity and decided to go through with it, it would be done the time ZIM is uncancelled. And if your'e a diehard ZIM fan like I am, you know just how long that is...

If you guys think Knuckles is so horribly ugly, there are two options: The lazy way and the hard way. As with everything else in life, the lazy way produces little results while the hard way nearly always pays off in the end.

Hard way: Make your own Knuckles sprites. It takes forever but can end up looking great. Who knows, if it's good enough it might be accepted into SRB2 itself :wink:

Easy way: Use the JTE skin from SPMoves. It's less ugly and allows for MUCH smoother color changing, and aside from that looks identical to the normal SRB2 Knuckles skin, so that's all good too.

"SELECT AN OPTION!"

Fixing the Knuckles color change is one thing, finishing the sprite is another one altogether. Fixing the current Knuckles sprite should not be THAT difficult.

I was playin' SRB2 Demo 4.35 and realized "Holy crap, these special stages are hard! O_O" and it's fun to be challenged.

So yah, 1.1 should have harder/different special stages depending on the difficulty level you are playing on. (Hopefully bring back that one that only needs 20 rings and there's one on each tower :P)

Or you could just bust out Doom Builder/WadAuthor and remake ye olden special stages, to much grinding of teeth and pulling of hair.

XWE has a REALLY helpful feature that allows you to select a sprite, then select a color and it's replacement. XWE will automatically replace all of the selected color in the sprite with the new one.

Trust me, it helps recolor/fix sprites a LOT. Handy, it is... :wink:

Secondary fire button in ring firing modes which always fires a normal shot, whether you have a weapon ring or not.

Make Thok's speed affected by water since that gives Sonic a advantage over Tails and Knuckles(fly and glide are effected by water.....right??)

No, because then people would have even LESS reasons to play as Sonic. The thok is ment to be superpowered, and since Knuckles can run nearly as fast as Sonic, the thok is really the only reason to play as Sonic.

Please don't listen to Foxboy on this one >_>

Omega the Hedgehog said:
No, because then people would have even LESS reasons to play as Sonic. The thok is ment to be superpowered, and since Knuckles can run nearly as fast as Sonic, the thok is really the only reason to play as Sonic.

Please don't listen to Foxboy on this one >_>
I've always thought the fact that the thok is full power underwater was incredibly overpowered as well, myself. Originally I thought it should be disabled underwater, but at this point, I think it should just be maxmove/2.

In Quartz Quadrant there are these sections of the ceiling that fall on you when you stand below them. Maybe include something like that in SRB2? Like, when you stand below it, the shadow that it gives off gets bigger and bigger, so you know when to step out of the way.

How about this? A new mode/minigame, Nights Race, You could race from start to finish. It would be like circuit mode.

I already made a NiGHTS race wad... wasn't one of my best ideas, I'll tell you that much. :P

Change the way the temporary invincibility works to the way it did in the original games.
You are invincible after getting hit in the air, but the timer and the flashing doesn't actually start until you hit the ground.. it'd be nice, especially for low-grav levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 15, Members: 0, Guests: 15)

Back