Stuff missing/incompatible in 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sik said:
JEV3 said:
Forgive me if I read this incorrectly... but I like the idea of seperate ammo rings being thrown when the player is hit. However in such a case the amount of ammo rings thrown would have to be limited, maybe like tossing no more than three or four ammo rings.
Actually throwing the separate weapons is exactly what the old match system does.

I meant throwing multiple rings representing increments of ammo for the same weapon... For example, a player is carrying 40 Rail, and when he gets hit, instead of dropping all of his Rail ammo as one piece, he drops four pieces of Rail ammo, each containing five apiece. (I'm thinking a limit of ammo rings thrown rather than making it relative to the rings carried) To get all of the person's ammo, the person who shot them would have to pick up all of the ammo rings before anyone else.

Of course making it so *more* things are flying out when the player gets hit may make things more chaotic, but I'm not altogether sure thats a bad thing.

For example, a player is carrying 40 Rail, and when he gets hit, instead of dropping all of his Rail ammo as one piece, he drops four pieces of Rail ammo, each containing five apiece. (I'm thinking a limit of ammo rings thrown rather than making it relative to the rings carried) To get all of the person's ammo, the person who shot them would have to pick up all of the ammo rings before anyone else.
If the player had alot of rail rings however wouldn't that create lag or slow down the slower computers?

I know that the homing is going to be removed in the final version but is there going to be any ring weapons replacing them?

EDIT: sorry didn't read the 'dropping four pieces of rail ammo' bit =P

<might be late, 'scuse me if I am> I think that the player should lose his/her rings, but keep all ammo. Maybe cut it down to half, and lose all rings, I dunno.

Ben5421 said:
I know that the homing is going to be removed in the final version but is there going to be any ring weapons replacing them?

Your pretty late on that...

Something I was thinking about: In terms of level design of 1.1 Match/CTF maps, are all maps going to have all weapons placed on them like in the beta? I realize that for testing purposes that you would obviously want all weapons to be placed on each map, but I figured I'd still raise the question.

I'm just slightly worried that now that there is no longer a specific penalty of having all weapons on the map (WOP) that all maps will contain the same arsenal of weapon rings.

Jazz, your post just gave me an idea: themed weapon rings, such as fire, water, etc., and each map would have all the rings of its theme.

Here's some I thought up:

Fire
Bomb: Bigger explosion, slower movement.
Grenade: On fire, so it explodes faster, and you get hurt if you run into it before the explosion.

Water
Bomb: Moves faster, but the explosion doesn't hurt (made of water), just knocks you back.
Rail: The force of the water cause you be pinned to the ground/wall the rail hit. Basically, the rail carries you.

Joke WAD
Red Ring: Every tic, it makes 5 explosions around it. Where the explosions were, more rings appear, which also create spawning explosions, and so on.
Rail: SHOOP DA WOOP!
Bomb: When it explodes, it covers the whole stage.
Grenade: See above.
Bounce: Auto-aim when it bounces off the wall. Think "Omochao Gun from ShtH."
Scatter: Makes 10 red rings instead of 5.
Auto: Honestly, can't think of anything.

The Dark Fox said:
Sik said:
Post clash, anyone? XD
Oh. Didn't see your post there. Sorry.
You were posting when I posted, how did you want to see it? :P

Anyways, I'm starting to get tempted to change the title of this topic to "Discussion about 1.1", you are talking about everything in 1.1 except what I asked originally :/

I got an idea! Ice ring that freezes the player! Or a Poison ring that will slowly drain the victim's rings until the attakcer is shot.

Oh wait, now that I think about it, it's just becoming another suggestions topic. Don't want to deter actual suggestions from the official one...

Yes, lets discuss it, not suggest stuff, this topic was beggining to get interesting.

ola said:
I got an idea! Ice ring that freezes the player! Or a Poison ring that will slowly drain the victim's rings until the attakcer is shot.
Please tell me you were being sarcastic >_>

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Yes, lets discuss it, not suggest stuff, this topic was beggining to get interesting.
That would go for the discussion topic... they way you made it look in that phrase. Because there you discuss about specific things that were suggested, not stuff that you already know is in 1.1.

But still, OK, keep discussing about the match system if you want, but there's a single thing I want to know: what the heck is the stuff present in 1.09.4 that will be gone for 1.1 so we don't bother with it anymore?! >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back